Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda recruitment 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Carles Puyol

Very unusual I definitely don’t get it ,
    It's not an OOM we have now, it's just placement. So if more than one person gets the same total in stage 1 they'll have the same placement number. SO basically, if there are 2 people with placement number 10 for example, no one will have 11.

Placed in the top 50 myself, which I honestly don't get. I'd say I got about 1 in the logical correct that I was sure of.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Jecz

Apologies, I only saw this now. Possibly is basically my answer. Is it a higher diploma?

Iirc you only get a bump if you have a level 8 education or higher. That would consist of a higher diploma, Honours Bachelor degree, Masters, Post-Grad and PhD.

You also get a bump if you got a C or higher in the leaving cert in higher mathematics and either English or Irish, but the bump is only 1 point of scale, whereas it's 3 for the level 8 degree.

Just fyi, I read something about this a few months ago and can't find it again, so it may not be accurate.

Thanks for the info it's a level 7 and I have above C's so fingers crossed. Would be a nice bump :-)

bottar1 wrote: »
    Level 7 or 8 or higher full time degree as far as I am aware. Part time not included from what I remember reading somewhere.

I could be wrong though!

I have level 7 so fingers crossed, I guess I'll just have to chase it up if I get through training, thanks for the reply

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Jecz wrote:
    I have level 7 so fingers crossed, I guess I'll just have to chase it up if I get through training, thanks for the reply

My son passed his probation in May. He has a masters. He jumps two points on the pay scale, basically an extra 6k gross pa. Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭irishgirl91

Why create a new thread just for garda stage 2 ? Wouldn't it make sense to keep it altogether in this? Instead of going off and now having 2 threads for the same topic

What's next a new thread just for stage 3 2019 recruitment?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭kellbag91

Jecz wrote: »

From the GRA website: Three additional increments in respect of a Diploma or Degree from a third-level educational institution. The Degree/Diploma must be full time, of two/four year duration, and be awarded by a third level institution recognised by the H.E.T.A.C., or recognised Irish statutory authority

kellbag91 wrote: »
    From the GRA website: Three additional increments in respect of a Diploma or Degree from a third-level educational institution. The Degree/Diploma must be full time, of two/four year duration, and be awarded by a third level institution recognised by the H.E.T.A.C., or recognised Irish statutory authority

I'm covered then if that's the case :-) thanks for the info

• Registered Users Posts: 29 WhatsUp2014

I'm covered then if that's the case :-) thanks for the info

Focus on the test at hand at first Kimosabi long process to follow first

Focus on the test at hand at first Kimosabi long process to follow first

Obviously, but there is no harm in asking questions

• Registered Users Posts: 29 WhatsUp2014

Obviously, but there is no harm in asking questions

No harm in asking is correct but Garda process is very tough and can be over at any point . So focus as you go. Nobody goes into the Garda to be rich

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭vardy98

Also passed stage 1 absolutely over the moon

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Highball3

EmilyMcT wrote: »
    I scored in the high 200's I'm not sure why I cant access bookings the "my bookings" section isn't even there for me to click... anyone else

Have you had any luck with booking yours yet? Mines the same won’t even appear as an option?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 90 ✭✭Macu17ab

Try different browsers guys, that may work.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭mascherano11

I finished Number 1954 soo don’t think I will be getting any further with this unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 19 dave143

Did anyone do stage 1 prep with garda ip. Was it any better than career services. I was hoping cs would give an updated module for the nonverbal for stage 2 but i think its just same as stage 1 stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

dave143 wrote: »
    Did anyone do stage 1 prep with garda ip. Was it any better than career services. I was hoping cs would give an updated module for the nonverbal for stage 2 but i think its just same as stage 1 stuff.

Well last year C.S. Published additional stage 2 material which included report writing!

I’ve no experience with Garda I.P.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Ciano1997

Have you progressed to stage 2?

Yes. Which I’m so happy. My oom is quite high so won’t be called till a few months. However , gives me more time to practice. Did you pass?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Lisbon_Treaty

Hi all
    Very disappointed with the change of questions this year but as a few have done here, scraped through to the next round
    I want to be as prepared as I can and have been looking up the preparation courses for Sova which led me to the jobtestprep.co.uk website
    It says on this website that the Stage 1 tests are being ran by Cut-E (Aon) whereas Stage 2 is being done by CEB's SHL so does this mean that there will be a different style of questions for Stage 2?
    Then it also says that there is a Stage 3 which is named Assessment Centre which I can't get my head around, can anyone shed any light on this to clear any of that up?
    I suppose it is hard to tell until the familiarisation material comes out
    Also did anyone who did Career Services for this year (I only purchased for 2018) get any use out of the updated material, did it help?

Hi all
    Very disappointed with the change of questions this year but as a few have done here, scraped through to the next round
    I want to be as prepared as I can and have been looking up the preparation courses for Sova which led me to the jobtestprep.co.uk website
    It says on this website that the Stage 1 tests are being ran by Cut-E (Aon) whereas Stage 2 is being done by CEB's SHL so does this mean that there will be a different style of questions for Stage 2?
    Then it also says that there is a Stage 3 which is named Assessment Centre which I can't get my head around, can anyone shed any light on this to clear any of that up?
    I suppose it is hard to tell until the familiarisation material comes out
    Also did anyone who did Career Services for this year (I only purchased for 2018) get any use out of the updated material, did it help?

I signed up to the jobs prep.co.uk but didnt find it great. What got me a good result in the non verbal was the updated module by career services. It isnt the same as what came up by any means but had me thinking in right direction so i think i will stick with career services this time again. I didnt hear myself about them changing question style for stage 2. Im a little worried about having to equal or better my result so hopefully no surprises this time

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭GavK

I got placed 1299. I know the first 946 get automatically invited to the next stage. Do I have any hope of progressing this time around ? Or would I have to wait to do the test again next year and start from scratch ?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 90 ✭✭Macu17ab

There are 600 or 800 being taken in from this campaign. Assuming it’s 600, from my understanding the surplus of 600 that pass stage 2 will be the reserve to fill the places of the first 600 that may fail in further stages.

Basically it depends on whether enough of the people between number 600 and your number do not pass the 2nd/subsequent stages (I think).

• Registered Users Posts: 14,462 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Everyone will be called no matter what their number is.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭sazxox

Hey,

Just wondering did anyone ring career services to find out what the discount is?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Highball3

Macu17ab wrote: »
    Try different browsers guys, that may work.

Thanks but have tried different browsers and still no luck. Sent an email to them but haven’t heard back yet! Won’t get much choice on what slot I have now which is annoying but hopefully get sorted!

• Registered Users Posts: 31 al1990

Has anyone purchased the stage 2 pack from Garda IP yet? want to know if the non verbal is the right one?

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭SeanD123

Hey guys, so they took the top 946 through first to stage 1 this time. Just wondering if the 946 all pass stage 2 will they be taken to stage 3 or will they cut the numbers down again and some people have to wait? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Monkeysgomad

Has anyone booked their stage 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Triplek

SeanD123 wrote: »
    Hey guys, so they took the top 946 through first to stage 1 this time. Just wondering if the 946 all pass stage 2 will they be taken to stage 3 or will they cut the numbers down again and some people have to wait? Thanks
    The likelihood of all 946 passing through to stage 3 are slim. Apparently there’s a 48% drop after stage 2. So after stage 2 is complete it will work on a point system all according to how well you do 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭sazxox

Has anyone booked their stage 2?

yeah july 1st have yous?

• Advertisement

sazxox wrote: »
    Hey,

Just wondering did anyone ring career services to find out what the discount is?

20 euro off. There is no new verbal or non verbal stuff to come just report writing and job sim

Advertisement