Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Madeleine McCann

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

She wandered out herself, something happened (car accident/paedo)
    Prove that there was NO help, thanks.

You can't prove a negative. You know this. I could claim I am the second coming of Christ, however, if I can't prove it, it is just my own belief.

If you make a statement of fact, it is up to you to provide evidence of such a claim.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,874 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

So your whole point about them both being Scottish and joining the dots was about what exactly? You won’t mind clarifying so if I’ve taken you up wrong.

Garnering publicity for the cause. That ok with you?

Few would have that connection. Just saying.

You can't prove a negative. You know this. I could claim I am the second coming of Christ, however, if I can't prove it, it is just my own belief.

If you make a statement of fact, it is up to you to provide evidence of such a claim.

Sorry now, but an open mind is imperative. You don't seem to have one at all.

Many here have theories that do not involve the parents in the child's disappearance, but on the other hand realise that their neglect led to whatever happened.

Do you agree or not?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Rock77

Hey all, genuine question for anyone here.. (probably been asked before but..)

Would anyone be willing to have a go at posting a theory of events from start to finish that involves the parents being involved in the child’s disappearance?

I mean a serious one.

It doesn’t have to mean you believe it’s what happened.

The theory of an abductor is an obvious one and we can all put that together.

I’m not asking so I can shoot the theory down it’s just we all argue here daily about small details it would be good to here a genuine theory of the whole thing.

Cheers

Sorry now, but an open mind is imperative. You don't seem to have one at all.

Many here have theories that do not involve the parents in the child's disappearance, but on the other hand realise that their neglect led to whatever happened.

Do you agree or not?

Ah, the open mind defence. This is always employed when one makes an unfounded claim as fact.

I am not getting involved in some pointless detour regarding parental neglect again, it has been done to death at this stage.

If you cannot back up your claim, just admit it!

• Advertisement

Sorry that the little child is gone/missing, but this thread is GOLD.

I wouldn't take it too seriously at all, let others foam at the mouth. Great entertainment because No One has any idea, but some do really want to protect the parents. It's sad and mad but I take it as a pastime now. And I doubt I am alone either.

Sorry that the little child is gone/missing, but this thread is GOLD.

I wouldn't take it too seriously at all, let others foam at the mouth. Great entertainment because No One has any idea, but some do really want to protect the parents. It's sad and mad but I take it as a pastime now. And I doubt I am alone either.

No proof so? Grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Garnering publicity for the cause. That ok with you?

Few would have that connection. Just saying.

And why would it matter that they both happened to be Scottish? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Banana Republic.

So if they made phone calls, it's suss. If they didn't, it's even more suss.

Gotcha.

I didn’t say anything about making calls. You can’t track silence that’s for sure.

But you cannot see that can you in your hysteria. LOL.

Literally no one is hysterical? Just mass confusion as usual due to your underhanded wink wink nudge nudge read between the lines join the dots connect 4 style of posting.

You also said publicity and MONEY. Followed by a sweet Jesus. Do you know something we don’t?

• Advertisement

The 10pm sighting by the Smyth family has never been solved, no man has ever come forward. Scotland Yard has said this is a vital part of the investigation and I still believe whoever that guy was had Madeline in his hands.

I enjoy the bickering, it is great fun. And the questioners can go elsewhere, no one is on trial on this forum, so desist from trying to be Barrister of the Year.

It is hilarious how invested some are. But on we go.

I will answer to nobody here and I do not have to either. Enjoy your rants folks.

but some do really want to protect the parents.

And some only want to reek over old ground, post conspiracy after conspiracy and allude to cover ups on a governmental level cos #patriotism but sure look far me it from me and common sense to get between you and your Sunday pastime

No proof so? Grand.

Of what pray tell?

I enjoy the bickering, it is great fun. And the questioners can go elsewhere, no one is on trial on this forum, so desist from trying to be Barrister of the Year.

It is hilarious how invested some are. But on we go.

I will answer to nobody here and I do not have to either. Enjoy your rants folks.

So you want to have free reign to post unfounded nonsense without the inconvenience of having to back it up?

Well at least you’re honest I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,073 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

The 10pm sighting by the Smyth family has never been solved, no man has ever come forward. Scotland Yard has said this is a vital part of the investigation and I still believe whoever that guy was had Madeline in his hands.

I cant believe someone would take a child from their bed and walk around PdaL with the child on view to all passing by .
    It was around the time that people would have finished eating and heading home and plenty of people around .

So you want to have free reign to post unfounded nonsense without the inconvenience of having to back it up?

Well at least you’re honest I suppose.

I am on an anonymous board, I can say my piece just like everyone else can.

Oh BTW it is "free rein", Free Reign means a monarch was won in a lottery for the peasants. :p

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    I cant believe someone would take a child from their bed and walk around PdaL with the child on view to all passing by .
    It was around the time that people would have finished eating and heading home and plenty of people around .

Seems to have happened either way. Why nobody had come forward to say it was them and their child. After listening to the podcast I’m sure the person who was seen by The Smyths is responsible for Madeline going missing, either a stranger or someone known to her.

I am on an anonymous board, I can say my piece just like everyone else can.

Oh BTW it is "free rein", Free Reign means a monarch was won in a lottery for the peasants. :p

You can indeed but the freedom of speech does not equate to freedom of consequence, you’re choosing to post on a discussion board so by that very nature people are going to assume you want to discuss. You don’t. You want to post unfounded accusations without question. At least we know that much now.

Also.. you seem to be very hot and bothered by some posters on here, often referring to them in derogatory terms. Maybe a Facebook status might be the place for you instead of a discussion forum? That way you can post away til you hearts content without interference from those who inconvenience you :)

You can indeed but the freedom of speech does not equate to of consequence, you’re choosing to post on a discussion board so by that very nature people are going to assume you want to discuss. You don’t. You want to post unfounded accusations without question. At least we know that much now.

Also.. you seem to be very hot and bothered by some posters on here, often referring to them in derogatory terms. Maybe a Facebook status might be the place for you instead of a discussion forum? That way you can post away til you hearts content without interference from those who inconvenience you :)

Thank you. When you are explaining you are losing.

• Advertisement

Thank you. When you are explaining you are losing.

Well that gives us some insight into why you’re so loathe to explain your reasons behind your opinions so at least we have acquired that much from our exchange.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,968 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

iamwhoiam wrote: »

Not exactly.

Luz is a very quiet spot, extremely quiet. The kidnapping occurred in May which would not be the height of tourist season.

Most people over there - locals and ex-pats - rise early and are in bed very early.

Unless you've been there, it might be hard to imagine just how quiet (boring) it is. We've been there a few times (October and May about 4 times) and it is dull, which suits us perfect as we have the little ones with us.

I've no doubt it was an abduction. What I find hard to figure out is where the car/van used would have been parked. Directly outside? Just across the way in the other small car park?

If the perpetrator was parked a distance away, then I would think it was a robbery that turned into an opportunistic kidnapping.

But if he had inside knowledge, he would have known the kids were left unattended.

So which was it? That's what I'm wondering.

Well that gives us some insight into why you’re so loathe to explain your reasons behind your opinions so at least we have acquired that much from our exchange.

No worries, but it is Free Rein not Free Reign after all :p

No worries, but it is Free Rein not Free Reign after all :p

The straw clutching... :D

Okay :pac:

You can indeed but the freedom of speech does not equate to freedom of consequence, you’re choosing to post on a discussion board so by that very nature people are going to assume you want to discuss. You don’t. You want to post unfounded accusations without question. At least we know that much now.

Eh, who really cares anyway. I am posting here for the craic. It seems to have worked somehow with those totally invested in the McCanns innocence going postal. No one else has been so vitriolic in their replies AFAIS. But onwards and upwards.

Am enjoying the banter, such a pity that the little girl is gone because the parents went on the lash isn't it.

The straw clutching... :D

Okay :pac:

Own it or else! lol

Eh, who really cares anyway. I am posting here for the craic. It seems to have worked somehow with those totally invested in the McCanns innocence going postal. No one else has been so vitriolic in their replies AFAIS. But onwards and upwards.

Am enjoying the banter, such a pity that the little girl is gone because the parents went on the lash isn't it.

Posting for the “Banter”..and the “craic”...

You know this thread is about the disappearance of a little child right?

Christ.

Well look it’s not like we didn’t know you were on a complete wind up but thanks for clarifying.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,968 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Enjoying the banter about a child being abducted, most likely raped and brutally murdered. All while quite possibly being videotaped.

You are ****ing sick.

Enjoying the banter about a child being abducted, most likely raped and brutally murdered. All while quite possibly being videotaped.

You are ****ing sick.

I am quite well thank you. No one knows what happened, do you?

Attributing guilt to an anonymous poster is mad. That should be directed elsewhere. I can say what I wish ;)

• Advertisement

Going postal, lol? Exaggerate much :pac:

Your concern is touching, despite enjoying the banter.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement