Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Madeleine McCann

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

She wandered out herself, something happened (car accident/paedo)
    I think it’s very important to clarify that there were absolutely no public allegations against ‘the pedo’ at the time of their meeting and that said allegations only came to light several years after the fact.

You’d be forgiven for thinking that some here were trying to imply Kate & Gerry were fully aware of the fact that he was an alleged pedophile at the time, but there is absolutely nothing to suggest this whatsoever.

Constantly referring to the fact that they were meeting up with a pedophile is a really low, pathetic attempt at discrediting the McCanns when there is nothing to suggest they knew anything about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,901 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

OwlsZat wrote: »
    The deleted calls (which don't save memory). It's very easy to find issues with the defense.

What,these deleted phone calls?

Mccann-deleted-calls.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,152 ✭✭✭limnam

I'm not disputing he was experienced. What I'm saying is there is no evidence, including from the mouth of this detective, that his bosses ordered him to investigate the case in any particular way. We can only go by his own statement that his 'friend' advised him how he felt the investigation would be handled. We cannot assume anything else.
    At the end of the day, he decided not to lead the investigation, perhaps based on this advice, however, there's no evidence that he was steered in any direction by the actual MET chiefs.

In any case, he doesn't work for MI5, so it still doesn't negate the fact that there is no evidence that MI5 did any 'covering up'.

But the friend was in the MET.

'I did receive a call from a very senior met police officer who knew me and said it wouldn’t be a good idea for me to head investigation on the basis that I wouldn’t be happy conducting an investigation being told where I could go and where I couldn’t go, the things I could investigate and the things I couldn’t.

Asked to clarify what he meant, he added: 'The Scotland Yard investigation was going to be very narrowly focused and that focus would be away from any suspicion of wrongdoing on the part of the McCanns or the tapas friends.'

So if we trust the MET. The above is true. So they would be protected?

Not that far fetched into conspiracy theory land is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,913 ✭✭✭v638sg7k1a92bx

limnam wrote: »
    But the friend was in the MET.

'I did receive a call from a very senior met police officer who knew me and said it wouldn’t be a good idea for me to head investigation on the basis that I wouldn’t be happy conducting an investigation being told where I could go and where I couldn’t go, the things I could investigate and the things I couldn’t.

Asked to clarify what he meant, he added: 'The Scotland Yard investigation was going to be very narrowly focused and that focus would be away from any suspicion of wrongdoing on the part of the McCanns or the tapas friends.'

So if we trust the MET. The above is true. So they would be protected?

Not that far fetched into conspiracy theory land is it?

An anonymous senior source in the Met, funny how when detail is required there is always an anonymous source behind it.

• Site Banned Posts: 461 ✭✭callmehal

Accident happened, parents hid body
    An anonymous senior source in the Met, funny how when detail is required there is always an anonymous source behind it.

You have to remember that a 3 year old died and some of the main suspects were the parents. Maybe staying anonymous was just to protect themselves?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Rock77

limnam wrote: »
    The dogs were been used to assist with the case they were not brought in to stitch up anyone.

Again. Not thinking about yourself as it's pretty much all they ever do is think of themselves.

Would you not be more concerned about your daughter? and how the dogs could be used to help? rather than if they could be used to stich you up?

I can see what you are saying but I don’t think you are seeing what I’m saying....

These dogs were brought in months after other dogs had already been used. The McCanns were made suspects, after the dogs did their thing their finding were being used by the police and the whole world to point the finger at the McCanns. So Kate’s reaction of relief that they couldn’t be used AGAINST HER is not odd.

Now if you want to go further and discuss why they wanted to discredit the dogs straight away then grand but our conversation was about you saying Kate’s reaction was odd

callmehal wrote: »
    You have to remember that a 3 year old died and some of the main suspects were the parents. Maybe staying anonymous was just to protect themselves?

You seem to have more information than others, what was the nature of your involvement? Expect a knock on your door shortly.

cnocbui wrote: »
    You seem to have more information than others, what was the nature of your involvement? Expect a knock on your door shortly.

That doesn't make sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

From whom, two middle class doctors? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,134 ✭✭✭screamer

I don’t know but the comment about putting the dogs on the stand and asking them to bark once for yes and twice for no
    Again bizzare, and moreso that they’d sit there through a meal with someone with a flippant attitude like that to what they were experiencing at that time.

• Advertisement

From whom, two middle class doctors? :D

Maybe there were peados involved, a peado ring, some high profile players. Who knows?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Bolded part shows where they were joking about it with the other peado.

Can you tell us where you found the above please? Link the site?
    The bolded part starts off with the authors opinion, then it moves on to say Freud made a quip about the dogs. Where does it say that Kate and Gerry were laughing about the dogs not being able to take the stand?

That doesn't make sense.

From what you said, it's clear you were involved.

cnocbui wrote: »
    From what you said, it's clear you were involved.

Another one on ignore. Sayonara. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Banana Republic.

SusieBlue wrote: »
    In other news, the German appeal last night has lead to someone from Bavaria coming forward with info and details having recognised one of the phone numbers that was in contact with CB in the vicinity of the ocean club on the night Madeleine disappeared.

It’s particularly interesting because Bavaria is where CB lived before he moved to Portugal. This is excellent progress and hopefully more info will come to light from the appeal.

Thanks SusieBlue nice to see nobody replied to the latest update as I’ve said for a while now. Anywho that’s great info and very telling as it’s in Bavaria, imagine putting it into your phone and hours name coming up or an alias ffs wow. Mad to think he kept the same number for so long. Hopefully we hear more, just goes to show these documentaries and crime shows work plus the police release enough info to draw in the information they need.

Maybe there were peados involved, a peado ring, some high profile players. Who knows?

Riiiiight. ok.

And just when people start wondering why people scoff at theories like MI5 cover ups and the like, you get posts like this that highlight exactly why!

They're all paedos!!! Everyone's a paedo!!!

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Thanks SusieBlue nice to see nobody replied to the latest update as I’ve said for a while now. Anywho that’s great info and very telling as it’s in Bavaria, imagine putting it into your phone and hours name coming up or an alias ffs wow. Mad to think he kept the same number for so long. Hopefully we hear more, just goes to show these documentaries and crime shows work plus the police release enough info to draw in the information they need.

Hopefully they get something from this because they haven't got enough to arrest him yet.

Another one on ignore. Sayonara. :)

You might be more comfortable on facebook or the like, rather than a public forum. Since you haven't managed to work it out: How do you know a 3 year old is dead?

Riiiiight. ok.

And just when people start wondering why people scoff at theories like MI5 cover ups and the like, you get posts like this that highlight exactly why!

They're all paedos!!! Everyone's a paedo!!!

What's wrong with you? The latest suspect is a known peado or you don't think it's him?

What's wrong with you? The latest suspect is a known peado or you don't think it's him?

Did you see the post I replied to (yours?).

Nothing about the latest suspect, I was replying to your post suggesting the police were warned off investigating the McCanns because they may be protecting themselves, when asked from whom, you went on about high up paedo rings and the likes.

• Advertisement

Hopefully they get something from this because they haven't got enough to arrest him yet.

That’s the reason for the publication of his details so let’s hope this is the step to nail him if he’s the one and then uncover how and who else is involved.

Did you see the post I replied to (yours?).

Nothing about the latest suspect, I was replying to your post suggesting the police were warned off investigating the McCanns because they may be protecting themselves, when asked from whom, you went on about high up paedo rings and the likes.

You're too invested in who you don't think is involved. You need to calm down. Some of us are looking at this from a neutral view. Not every comment is a slight against the McCanns. I was explaining why someone might want to stay anonymous. It could have been because of this peado, maybe peado gangs, maybe the parents.

That’s the reason for the publication of his details so let’s hope this is the step to nail him if he’s the one and then uncover how and who else is involved.

Yes, he could have been working alone and the calls made might have been irrelevant to the event. That would make it more difficult to get him. Obviously these videos, pictures or whatever they have are not enough.

You're too invested in who you don't think is involved. You need to calm down. Some of us are looking at this from a neutral view. Not every comment is a slight against the McCanns. I was explaining why someone might want to stay anonymous. It could have been because of this peado, maybe peado gangs, maybe the parents.

If you’re so “neutral” why did you vote in the poll that you think they did it?

Can someone who isn’t on ignore :pac: ask callmehal to supply the link to the site from where he found his quote?

Yes, he could have been working alone and the calls made might have been irrelevant to the event. That would make it more difficult to get him. Obviously these videos, pictures or whatever they have are not enough.

Possibly but with all the sightings of two or more guys scoping the place plus the false collectors had a bunch of ppl with them too. The fact the information was in the Ocean Club books and some workers were under suspicion for burglaries I’d say this plan may have taken more then one especially including his re-registering his Jag so someone else must of been driving that. Or he’s just done this all to himself and got away with the biggest case in a generation for over 13 years which is remarkable.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,210 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Right from the first minute "they've taken her" it's been pushed as a abduction by the mccans,loads of offenders names pushed forward..that narrative hasn't changed despite zero evidence supporting it,NADA,zilch..

What's the issue here?

• Advertisement

Possibly but with all the sightings of two or more guys scoping the place plus the false collectors had a bunch of ppl with them too. The fact the information was in the Ocean Club books and some workers were under suspicion for burglaries I’d say this plan may have taken more then one especially including his re-registering his Jag so someone else must of been driving that. Or he’s just done this all to himself and got away with the biggest case in a generation for over 13 years which is remarkable.

It would be remarkable. He was looked at previously and again more recently by the Germans. It could be just that he's a known sicko and he was in the area so putting two and two together. The Germans must have something but their behaviour has been weird. Must be a reason to it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement