Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Madeleine McCann

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,152 ✭✭✭limnam

Rock77 wrote: »
    Why so dismissive, I’m in the middle of listening to you and trying to take on board your point.. your whole point is based on how she reacted? I and another poster can’t find how she reacted, you obviously know because you found it odd ??

Because I've posted it numerous times before.

And every time the topic comes up people ask the same questions.

So read it. It's in this thread and it's online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Rock77

She wandered out herself, something happened (car accident/paedo)
    If you read my post I’m exploring if they did it and going from there, that’s the run of how things would have to happen. Everything is a possibility as gruesome as we see it. Look at the caretaker guy who killed the two girls, look at that sick dog who had his own daughter trapped under the house for over 20 years. These cases have happened, nobody wants it to be the parents but it has to be explored. So again read my post and I clearly say “if” and going on from that how could it be done.

Yes, sorry of course it’s a possibility but if you don’t mind me saying so, it’s an extremely small possibility. A conspiracy theory with absolutely nothing to back it up. One of the most out there scenarios I’ve ever heard.. but a possibility none the less

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

The situation you are on about was their second meeting. I think it was the case that Freud welcomed them at the door. Made a tongue in cheek comment about what the tabloids were saying about Kate. They had food (nothing suspicious). Had a brandy afterwards (nothing suspicious). Kate/Gerry were on about the accusations against them, dog scents etc. (nothing suspicious). And Freud made a comment like - what are they going to do. Put the dogs on the stand and have one bark for yes and 2 barks for no (nothing suspicious re the McCanns anyway). Where is this suspicious odd behaviour. And bear in mind before you repeat yourself, that he wasn't publicly outed as a paedophile until years later.

According to Limnam, Freud, Kate and Gerry all sat around laughing at this quip by Freud. He has stated it several times on this thread but when asked to back it up with the text from the book he never responds. Could he be “misremembering” like weldonihio, who also seemed to have some kind of faulty memory where he confused fantasy with reality and thought the audience and Kate and Ryan fell about the place laughing when Gerry was asked a question, a completely made up scenario posted as fact that never actually occurred.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Banana Republic.

Ah comon people, dont feed it. Can we discuss the case & latest developments and leave the haters to it. Theres no point debating with someone about dogs, fridges, going drinking etc etc. You will never convince* them Haters gonna hate.

*they already know its bs anyway

Haha you having a laugh? (Not a personal jibe by the way) When latest developments are posted nobody bats an eyelid, strange strange place here but oddly it is intriguing. When links are posted nobody watches the actual videos except or or two I guess and it’s never really discussed, the thread would be much better if we could discuss the latest developments and go from there.

Looks like the girl he raped was very uneasy about it

Vicky Hayes, 64, who was groomed and raped by Mr Freud as a teenager, said she felt “very uneasy” after discovering that the former politician had befriended the McCann family and cooked for them at his holiday home in Praia da Luz, Portugal.

Ms Hayes told ITV News: "I read Kate McCann's book and was immediately upset and anxious that Clement Freud had invited the McCanns to his home.

Two odd balls.

Laughing and joking how the dogs brought in to help couldn't be used.

While this beast sits with them in his dressing gown.

You couldn't make it up.

• Advertisement

limnam wrote: »
    Because I've posted it numerous times before.

And every time the topic comes up people ask the same questions.

So read it. It's in this thread and it's online.

Ah so her reaction wasn’t odd..

You see the thing is over the last couple of pages you have put a lot of effort into posting about how odd it was that they met with him, you described what he was wearing and what they talked about. But now you couldn’t be bothered to get to the actual point and show the reasoning for your opinion.

Yes, sorry of course it’s a possibility but if you don’t mind me saying so, it’s an extremely small possibility. A conspiracy theory with absolutely nothing to back it up. One of the most out there scenarios I’ve ever heard.. but a possibility none the less

It’s a theory and rightly there’s nothing to back it up or the case would be done n they’d be in jail. It’s a discussion that needs to be had even if it’s a small possibility. Sometimes that can convince others to think Jesus yes they couldn’t of done it.

Vicky Hayes, 64, who was groomed and raped by Mr Freud as a teenager, said she felt “very uneasy” after discovering that the former politician had befriended the McCann family and cooked for them at his holiday home in Praia da Luz, Portugal.

Ms Hayes told ITV News: "I read Kate McCann's book and was immediately upset and anxious that Clement Freud had invited the McCanns to his home.

Two odd balls.

You couldn't make it up.

And do you think this lady meant she felt uneasy because she knew Freud was a paedo and he invited these unknowing unsuspecting people with children to his house?

What was odd about Kate’s reaction by the way?

• Site Banned Posts: 461 ✭✭callmehal

Accident happened, parents hid body
    I'm confused. First you're saying that more than likely the kid was abducted and the parents weren't involved. But straight after you're saying that there is more "evidence" that the parents did something untoward. And I use the term evidence here very loosely, as there is a huge gap in what certain peoples categorisation of what evidence actually is versus actions/items that purport towards deemed suspicious behaviour.

Are you saying that despite the German policeforce deeming that they have enough evidence to be sure that Christian Bruenkner did it, that based on your listing of "evidence", that you are more suspicious of the parents or that even if you're not suspicious, that it points more towards the parents having done it.

I'm saying there's more evidence on the parents than anyone else including the peado, not that its more likely that it was the parents.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Two odd balls.

You couldn't make it up.

Linman - You've come this far. You're almost over the line re Kate's reaction. All you have to do is show us your "evidence" that Kate and Gerry were laughing and joking about it. I'm not saying you're wrong. I don't know for sure. Just that I cannot see anything about her reaction.
    No point saying you can't be bothered.
    You're starting to get very derogatory towards them now - "two odd balls". This is a discussion forum. It's not for just throwing insults about people without any reason at all. Everybody can have an opinion on something; but insinuating insult about someone without reason just loses all credibility for you.

• Advertisement

Linman - You've come this far. You're almost over the line re Kate's reaction. All you have to do is show us your "evidence" that Kate and Gerry were laughing and joking about it. I'm not saying you're wrong. I don't know for sure. Just that I cannot see anything about her reaction.
    No point saying you can't be bothered.
    You're starting to get very derogatory towards them now - "two odd balls". This is a discussion forum. It's not for just throwing insults about people without any reason at all. Everybody can have an opinion on something; but insinuating insult about someone without reason just loses all credibility for you.

I'd say i was clear on them been "odd" from day 1.

They're odd
    They behave odd.
    They get into odd situations
    They say and do odd things.
    They have odd friends.

They're two odd balls.

Odd != murderers though.

callmehal wrote: »
    I'm saying there's more evidence on the parents than anyone else including the peado, not that its more likely that it was the parents.

Man, I don't think you've thought that one through. If there's more evidence on a person than anyone else, that they committed a particular crime, then it is more likely that that person did commit that crime. I'm pretty sure statisticians would back me up.

They're odd
    They behave odd.
    They have odd friends.

They're two odd balls.

Odd != murderers though.

It is an odd case, even the biggest Pro & Anti Mc Canns will agree.

They're odd
    They behave odd.
    They have odd friends.

They're two odd balls.

Odd != murderers though.

Jesus. I feel like I'm Tom Cruise's character taking on Jack Nicholson's characher, Colonel Jessup in A Few Good Men. Where Mathis cracked under the pressure and let loose.

Will you ever put up the details of Kate's reaction to Freud's comment about the dogs. Like a good lad.

Man, I don't think you've thought that one through. If there's more evidence on a person than anyone else, that they committed a particular crime, then it is more likely that that person did commit that crime. I'm pretty sure statisticians would back me up.

It's not much evidence, circumstantial. There's more on the McCanns than the peado or anyone else though.

It is an odd case, even the biggest Pro & Anti Mc Canns will agree.

A lot of them won't

Perfectly normal for a lot of them.

That's fcking odd :pac:

A lot of them won't

Perfectly normal for a lot of them.

That's fcking odd :pac:

Some on here are the actual Tapas 7 or think they are I’d say.

Is google broken for some people?

"It was so ordinary and comforting, a bit like going to see your grandad after a horrible day at school," McCann wrote.

"He gave me one of his looks and a giant glass of brandy, and managed to get a smile out of me with his greeting: 'So, Kate, which of the devout Catholic, alcoholic, depressed, nymphomaniac parts is correct?'"

And he raised their spirits by making fun of the sniffer dogs which had detected a suspicious scent in the family hire car, saying "So what are they going to do? Put them on the stand? One bark for yes, two for no?"

"A couple of hours later, fortified by our brandies (it was my first-ever taste of the stuff), some useful snippets of advice and several amusing anecdotes, we left our friend feeling quite a bit better than we had when we'd arrived."

"It was so ordinary and comforting, a bit like going to see your grandad after a horrible day at school," McCann wrote.

"He gave me one of his looks and a giant glass of brandy, and managed to get a smile out of me with his greeting: 'So, Kate, which of the devout Catholic, alcoholic, depressed, nymphomaniac parts is correct?'"

And he raised their spirits by making fun of the sniffer dogs which had detected a suspicious scent in the family hire car, saying "So what are they going to do? Put them on the stand? One bark for yes, two for no?"

"A couple of hours later, fortified by our brandies (it was my first-ever taste of the stuff), some useful snippets of advice and several amusing anecdotes, we left our friend feeling quite a bit better than we had when we'd arrived."

Where is the bit where they all sat around laughing that the dogs can’t be used on the stand?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Dear Lord, the overuse of the word "odd" on this thread is almost more disturbing than the bat**** crazy conspiracy theories at this stage...

There are almost half a million words contained in the dictionary, surely there are other adjectives posters could use to describe behaviour that doesn't conform to whatever their view of 'normal' is.

• Advertisement

He gave me one of his looks? So she knew him before this meeting? I’d feel better full of brandy too in fairness lol

Don't bother.

Funniest child rapist I've came across.

Don't bother.

Fella chatting shlt in his dressing gown

Don't bother.

I read all of that already.. I still don’t see the part where Kate’s reaction is odd????? Which part of her reaction do you find odd?

He gave me one of his looks? So she knew him before this meeting? I’d feel better full of brandy too in fairness lol

This was not their first meeting, they were meeting for dinner and drinks, he was a friend that was years later accused of being a paedo..

I’m honestly doing my best not to sound like I’m defending the McCanns all the time but again there is nothing suspicious here at all. They had dinner and drinks with some ex politician who years later was accused of being a paedophile..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Don't bother.

When was he convicted of being a child rapist, Linman?

Thanks man. You've clarified it. So there was no laughing and joking by the McCanns. So after all the talk about odd reactions, there was no odd reaction. So it was another fabricated lie by the other poster.

Thanks man. You've clarified it. So there was no laughing and joking by the McCanns. So after all the talk about odd reactions, there was no odd reaction. So it was another fabricated lie by the other poster.

Did you read what I quoted?

The thing is it was stated that Kate’s reaction was odd.. firstly that quote doesn’t even say what Kate’s reaction was!!!

I’m not sure it was ever stated anywhere what her reaction was so how the hell could it be odd????

• Advertisement

The thing is it was stated that Kate’s reaction was odd.. firstly that quote doesn’t even say what Kate’s reaction was!!!

I’m not sure it was ever stated anywhere what her reaction was so how the hell could it be odd????

That’s the million dollar question isn’t it. A “reaction” described as “bizarre” but nobody seems to be able to tell us what it was. Why the secrecy?
    Bizarre indeed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement