Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Madeleine McCann

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,152 ✭✭✭limnam

Lol
    You think it’s ok to leave three kids that far away ? And go for drinks and snacks ?

It is if you book all the nights you do it in advance and file it under 1 mistake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Mike9832

Another McCann supporter claimed they weren't alone because they were been checked every half hour. I was going to say you couldn't make this nonsense up, but they have .

Reconstruction would have torn that musical chairs nonsense up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Something Else
    Lol
    You think it’s ok to leave three kids that far away ? And go for drinks and snacks ?

Only in foreign countries that have lax rules on such things, I won't recommend doing it at home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Teddy Daniels

Something Else
    limnam wrote: »
    It is if you book all the nights you do it in advance and file it under 1 mistake.

I don’t get why people are defending them ! At best they negligenced their daughters abduction.

Mike9832 wrote: »

Didn't the McCanns refuse to do it?

• Advertisement

Something Else
    tuxy wrote: »
    Only in foreign countries that have lax rules on such things, I won't recommend doing it at home.

I get cross when the wife lets the 30 month old eat in the telly room when she is in the kitchen next to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

tuxy wrote:

The thing is the Portuguese find that behaviour strange and consideration was given to charging the McCanns with abandonment.

Something Else

It never happened

Didn't the McCanns refuse to do it?

They ran home to the UK I think

They said they would do it

Like they said they would take a lie detector

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Trekker09

Lol

No , and I've always said that I didn't agree with what they did.

But you insisted it was half a mile, you called me delusional:

It’s 900 paces door to door I’ll link tomorrow but you are delusional and I’ll informed saying its not

Your credibility with facts is well dodgy now

• Advertisement

It never happened

Exactly

Never happened

If we have an accident in work, we have a reconstruction, it's standard protocol.

They ran home to the UK I think

They said they would do it

Like they said they would take a lie detector

Sure why would you hang around doing things to help in finding your abducted child.

Something Else
    Trekker09 wrote: »
    No , and I've always said that I didn't agree with what they did.

But you insisted it was half a mile, you called me delusional:

It’s 900 paces door to door I’ll link tomorrow but you are delusional and I’ll informed saying its not

I’m looking to see what you think is acceptable ! By exaggerating I get closer to the truth.

Sure why would you hang around doing things to help in finding your abducted child.

Indeed

I’m looking to see what you think is acceptable ! By exaggerating I get closer to the truth.

They don't like pedantic pants.

Unless they fit them.

Trekker09 wrote:

This from the person who thinks leaving ones children alone four nights in a row counts as only one mistake. Do you actually think before you post?

I don't think any distance away from the apartment is acceptable. What part of that is hard to understand?

I just like to look at the whole picture and not crucify 2 parents that have gone, and are still going through hell, even though I disagree with them leaving the kids on their own.

I get cross when the wife lets the 30 month old eat in the telly room when she is in the kitchen next to it.

True

Plenty of times I went into the kitchen for a minute and came back to find my 2 year old climbing on the couch or on the window sill looking for the garbage truck :)

2 years olds are mad and find danger everywhere

They left them and went drinking wine/eating, crazy stuff

This from the person who thinks leaving ones children alone four nights in a row counts as only one mistake. Do you actually think before you post?

The mistake was making the decision in the first place. In my view it was never a good decision and I still can't fathom what they were thinking as a group when they made that decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,734 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

She wandered out herself, something happened (car accident/paedo)

They were there for just over 6 months, before they returned to the UK.

• Advertisement

Something Else
    I don't think any distance away from the apartment is acceptable. What part of that is hard to understand?

I just like to look at the whole picture and not crucify 2 parents that have gone, and are still going through hell, even though I disagree with them leaving the kids on their own.

They did wrong in your eyes but because they loved their daughter they should’nt be punished ?

They did wrong in your eyes but because they loved their daughter they should’ve be punished ?

??

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭juno10353

Something Else
    splinter65 wrote: »
    But they weren’t left alone. They were being checked every half hour.

Alone for 30 minutes between checks if we are to believe their story

Something Else
    ??

Do you believe they did wrong
    Do you believe they should be punished for the wrong (if they did wrong )

cnocbui wrote:

Nope, they left on the 9th of September .

cnocbui wrote: »

I was more referring to the things they refused to do, rather than the time they did it in.

The mistake was making the decision in the first place. In my view it was never a good decision and I still can't fathom what they were thinking as a group when they made that decision.

Alot of professionals and upper class have kids, just to have kids in my experience, they would rather do anything but spend time with them, hence kids spent the whole time in the kiddies club and went straight to bed every evening.

They gave them breakfast, shipped out the door to the kiddies club, bath, supper, into bed, party time

They did wrong in your eyes but because they loved their daughter they should’nt be punished ?

They are punished every morning they wake up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭CPTM

She wandered out herself, something happened (car accident/paedo)
    One thought that just occurred to me after watching three episodes of the netflix documentary tonight. It says that kate ran back to the group to tell them that Madeleine had been taken. There's no mention about where the twins were at this point. I'm not a parent myself, but did she bring the twins with her when she ran back down to the group to tell them? It doesn't mention them, which to me leads me to believe that she left them in the room despite knowing that there had been an abductor in the room with them moments earlier? Is she claiming that she left the window and shutter open with the twins in their travel cots while she ran down to the group?

• Advertisement

Something Else
    juno10353 wrote: »
    Alone for 30 minutes between checks if we are to believe their story

I would like to leave my son alone for thirty minutes in the posters house . I’m sure the house will be ok.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement