Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

After Hours Presidential Election Poll

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

I think there is a lot of hateful whining in Europe these days. And a lot of right wing opportunists that are only too happy to exploit that mood for their own (not anyone else's) gain.
    People are complaining how awful and sh*t everything is, but half of them are pissed off because they blame minorities that they don't have enough money for that latest and greatest iPhone or games console.
    Combine that with a very concerted right wing push on social media, pushed by trolls and hate groups by identifying convenient scapegoats to steer the mindless masses and we are right back in 1930.
    This all works by exploiting human greed, hate and stupidity. And now we see jowany people don't think further than that.
    Populists tell lies that people want to hear and give easy answers that don't work.
    And the people fall for this hateful drivel that shouldn't fool a five year old, because they think they will profit from it. Humans have learnt nothing over the last 100 years.
    I have Germanic blood so I can spot your self -loathing historic guilt at 50 paces. Don't try to tar us all with the same brush.

elperello wrote: »
    Things are pretty dead here now there is a post mortem on the other thread.

RIP :(

*Bows respectfully*

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭never_mind

Edited to save some broken hearts xoxo

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

never_mind wrote: »
    All I want to say is go F yourselves to the nazis who voted for PC!

Well he did get quiet a few votes i'm sure at least a 1 or 2 of them are actual nazis.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,520 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

never_mind wrote:

See, this just feeds in to the narrative that those against Casey are hysterical lefties.
    He's not much of anything, but he's definitely not a Nazi.

Maybe 1:5 like the idea of him reaching out to 70M diaspora and ignored his traveller comments? (I'm not totally naive.)

Michael D walked it as expected. The 1:5 'majority' can have a party and celebrate whatever it is this means to them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

:)

Nazis are more like the people the Shinners like to hang with in Gaza. You know, people who hate Jews, murder gays, stop girls going to university and women getting jobs other than menial ones.

Now, perhaps I missed all of that but does Casey support any of this?

He was rounded on by the other five cut and paste liberals because he had the audacity to suggest that travellers are not in fact some exotic ethnic group, but as Irish as any of the rest of us born here. Indeed, there was a time when if you suggested that travellers were anything other than Irish as the rest of us you would have been described as a racist and a Nazi.

Difficult to keep up with all of this. Of course that was back in the days before lefties made heroes of people who support the sexual mutilation of girls.

Today, 21% of those who voted said they've had enough of that nonsense, thank you very much, comrades.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Sycamore Tree

If PC is 2nd, I just won 660 quid from a 20 quid bet. I love the Irish electorate!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Sycamore Tree

First Preference Votes (Guess)
    HIGGINS 46%
    CASEY 25%
    NIRIADA 13%
    FREEMAN 6%
    GALLAGHER 6%
    DUFFY 4%

I got the order spot on.

See, this just feeds in to the narrative that those against Casey are hysterical lefties.
    He's not much of anything, but he's definitely not a Nazi.

Maybe 1:5 like the idea of him reaching out to 70M diaspora and ignored his traveller comments? (I'm not totally naive.)

Michael D walked it as expected. The 1:5 'majority' can have a party and celebrate whatever it is this means to them.

Narrative? Quasi academic internet nazi. Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 21,520 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

never_mind wrote:
    Narrative? Quasi academic internet nazi. Lol

Never mind ;)

• Advertisement

Reported. What a stupid fcuking post.

RaichuMGS wrote: »

Not worth it lol

TY xoxoxoxo

Also the irony of you generalising all Casey voters when all opposed to him cue the “he’s generalising travellers” argument :pac: you couldn’t make it up.

Also the irony of you generalising all Casey voters when all opposed to him cue the “he’s generalising travellers” argument :pac: you couldn’t make it up.

Irony ;) when someone votes primarily to punish a group of people =.........

• Registered Users Posts: 28,535 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

mammajamma wrote: »
    One of my personal zingers was the proclamation from varadkar that the population of Ireland is gong to increase by millions in some ridiculously short time span, as if it was some uncontrollable thing and not being directed at every level.
    He didn't say that at all. Get your facts right please.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

Bonniedog wrote: »
    :)

He was rounded on by the other five cut and paste liberals because he had the audacity to suggest that travellers are not in fact some exotic ethnic group, but as Irish as any of the rest of us born here. Indeed, there was a time when if you suggested that travellers were anything other than Irish as the rest of us you would have been described as a racist and a Nazi.

There is no contradiction in believing Travellers are Irish and also believing they are an ethnic group.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

But he is being nonpc and telling it like it is- I thought Casey voters liked that?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Try_harder wrote: »
    But he is being nonpc and telling it like it is- I thought Casey voters liked that?

Nah he's just calling people who don't agree with him Nazis. Also, if he wanted to be like Peter Casey, he'd have stuck to his guns and stood over his posts, not edited them...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭wiggle16

Yes you can. I voted multiple times on the Limerick one as did others on the Politics Cafe thread just by clearing my cache, which was the hard (but easy) way of doing it. Going into 'incognito' mode makes it even easier.

About as reliable an indicator as throwing cut grass into the breeze.

God that's sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

Regarding the presidential election, if a person decided to vote for only one candidate and marked the box with an X, would this be a valid vote or does he/she need to mark with a 1.

• Advertisement

Try_harder wrote: »

QUEEEEEEN!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

DonJose wrote: »
    Regarding the presidential election, if a person decided to vote for only one candidate and marked the box with an X, would this be a valid vote or does he/she need to mark with a 1.

Totally invalid...
    It was you wasn't!?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

Totally invalid...
    It was you wasn't!?
    Asking for a friend!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Checkmate19

peter casey is the best

• Registered Users Posts: 28,535 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

DonJose wrote: »

If the intent of the voter is clear and unambiguous, it will generally be acceptable. If you did something like

X

it becomes more difficult

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Anyone who voted for Casey or the other two pricks should do the country a favour and end things.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Anyone who voted for Casey or the other two pricks should do the country a favour and end things.

Quoting this for scumbaggery. What the fcuk is wrong with you?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

Omackeral wrote: »
    What the fcuk is wrong with you?

He is telling it like it is?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Zorya

Omackeral wrote: »
    Quoting this for scumbaggery. What the fcuk is wrong with you?

I think it is merely an example of the sneering contempt oft expressed on here for people who test opinions that dare to veer to either side of the accepted wisdom put about by some who seem to feel that they themselves are the most sensible, logical, mature people on earth - just taken to its extreme.

Oh. I learned a new word (already!) today. Enantiodromia. People who sanctimoniously insist those who disagree with them are loons, far right :rolleyes:, retarded, fcuked up, conspiracy degenerates etc., should perhaps pay heed to Heraclitus's idea of enantiodromia. Whatever is compelled to move in one direction will inevitably generate its opposite force equally strongly in an effort to restore balance. This says something to me about present political culture. And, modern debate that insists on politcially correct moral absolutes and denigrates all disruption will perforce generate opposing reaction. "Everything arises in this way, opposites from their opposites." ~ Plato.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,158 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

Wow, and they say Casey voters are the lunatics?!:eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement