Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

After Hours Presidential Election Poll

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Jeez, im nearly breathless over my 5shekel wager with PP without Migeldy at 16/1

• Registered Users Posts: 17 cripplefight

just gonna draw a massive flute on my ballot paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,285 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

elperello wrote: »
    After the events of the last week it's hard to blame you but I don't think they could all conspire to sit on a scoop.

There is probably no poll out since it's likely one wasn't done.

I doubt there's a newspaper organization sitting on a rapidly depreciating asset that a poll showing reversal would be.

In any case, you can bet that MDH has private polling, and did not look like a man under pressure, just a man that doesn't like being questioned

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Jeez, im nearly breathless over my 5shekel wager with PP without Migeldy at 16/1

It's good, but it's not PTE 278+/1

p8rJawN.png

To be fair it's still a novelty idea that he could actually win, ah who knows for sure. But his chances have quadroupled since the weekend.

Opinion Polls for 2018 & 2011. Date is the last day of polling NOT published date.

2018 https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irish_presidential_election,_2018
    1) 24 August
    2) 16 September
    3) 10 October
    4) 12 October
    5) 16 October

2011 https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irish_presidential_election,_2011
    1) Poll taken before final list of candidates confirmed.
    2) No date given in Irish Times report.
    3) 5 October
    4) 12 October
    5) 20 October
    6) 21 October

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

never_mind wrote: »
    I would imagine that this has already been discussed in this thread. Travellers are an ethnic minority in this country and internationally recognised as such. When you make a sweeping generalization that is directed at one specific group of people (even if you just group them as a cultural group), it is racist. The Irish got that a lot in London in the 1980s... remember the IRA? Remember in the 20th century Irish bachelors going abroad because they couldn't find work here and were painted as drunken scum? I thought we had more empathy than that as a country - how disappointing.

If you want to get into the language aspect, which I think is actually a waste of time, you could say what he said was derogatory, unfair, and narrow minded.

You sure about that?

Probably the largest (unoffical) poll so far 8,000+ votes shows it fairly close

42kvXAY.png

http://www.thejournal.ie/presidential-election-2-4302454-Oct2018/

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭never_mind

Acidogusto wrote: »
    So you are going on a rant calling people insecure, do you think there is a possibility there could be some projection going on there :D

If you are going to point out that the majority of CEOs are male as evidence of privilege then why are the majority of homeless people men?

There are far more homeless men than there are male CEOs.

I'm not sure what you are getting at about homeless men? Is that even a thing, like? Ireland has one of the highest levels of femal homelessness in the world (see http://bit.do/boards-ie)[/url]. Like it or not (presume you like it, hence being all snow flakey), men still maintain a higher standing in Irish society and it's going to take a lot for that to change so don't fret too much!

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭jay1988

never_mind wrote: »
    I'm not sure what you are getting at about homeless men? Is that even a thing, like? Ireland has one of the highest levels of femal homelessness in the world (see http://bit.do/boards-ie)[/url]. Like it or not (presume you like it, hence being all snow flakey), men still maintain a higher standing in Irish society and it's going to take a lot for that to change so don't fret too much!

And this has what relevance to the presidential election?

10/10 for squeezing your agenda into this thread though, well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,656 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Somebody said earlier that they could vote multiple times on that Journal survey.

Anybody able to confirm that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67,597 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Somebody said earlier that they could vote multiple times on that Journal survey.

Yes you can. I voted multiple times on the Limerick one as did others on the Politics Cafe thread just by clearing my cache, which was the hard (but easy) way of doing it. Going into 'incognito' mode makes it even easier.

About as reliable an indicator as throwing cut grass into the breeze.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Ahorseofaman

I can

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Ahorseofaman

me too

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Conservative

You can. I confirmed it by voting for Michael D 800 times.

Casey has it in the bag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

Be careful - the returning officer might declare that as a valid vote for Sean Gallagher.

Has Casey started the job already?

x22 people have just been arrested (13 charged) today, in a crackdown on alleged burglary gangs, just in the Kilkenny-Carlow area.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,947 ✭✭✭trashcan

In all seriousness , I'm actually thinking of spoiling my vote for the first time ever. None of the candidates appeal to me at all, not even in the sense of, ah they'll do. What an uninspiring bunch.

Be careful - the returning officer might declare that as a valid vote for Sean Gallagher.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,849 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

For the undecideds, the hobbit probably has it, but would you not vote for pc, just for the entertainment it will bring?!

So is it safe to assume that the Journal survey is to say the least unreliable?

I don't know why they bother if it's that open to abuse.

Is it just a click bait exercise?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭eeepaulo

Has Casey started the job already?

x22 people have just been arrested (13 charged) today, in a crackdown on alleged burglary gangs, just in the Kilkenny-Carlow area.

Maybe a few high ranking gardai have a few euros on casey

trashcan wrote: »
    In all seriousness , I'm actually thinking of spoiling my vote for the first time ever. None of the candidates appeal to me at all, not even in the sense of, ah they'll do. What an uninspiring bunch.

You would be better off staying at home and having a cup of tea.

A spoiled vote just goes in with all the other spoiled votes.

Nobody will know if you are illiterate, drunk in charge of a ballot paper or a Professor of Politics making a profound statement.

Yup
    Just managed to give Peter 10 votes.
    Simples

16/1 without MickeyD. Money in the bank.

Nobody will know if you are illiterate, drunk in charge of a ballot paper or a Professor of Politics making a profound statement.

Aye. Theyre just piled up, you wont be striking a blow for democracy or any such high notions.
    Just excercise your right not to bother your ar53 voting, rather than bothering your ar53 and spoiling your vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 67,597 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

This is wrong.

Abstaining from an election is effectively a vote for whoever wins.
    A spoiled vote decreases the margin of victory and cannot be couted towards the winner's.

Not voting is inexcusable in my opinion and negates any comment, good or bad you have to make on the performance of the office holder.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,735 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

You can. I confirmed it by voting for Michael D 800 times.

Casey has it in the bag.
    So how much have you put on at Paddy Powers? A couple of grand at least, surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Den14

Mr. PC just isn't...

(Apologies for the unbelievably bad joke. It's probably been said here already)

This is wrong.

Abstaining from an election is effectively a vote for whoever wins.
    A spoiled vote decreases the margin of victory and cannot be couted towards the winner's.

Not voting is inexcusable in my opinion and negates any comment, good or bad you have to make on the performance of the office holder.

The other poster said they didn't care who wins so the margin of victory means nothing to them.

I agree with you that everyone should vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Some achievement for Casey if he finishes second after being bottom at 1 percent.
    Wonder if he'll run in the GE as an Independent?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,849 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

Some achievement for Casey if he finishes second after being bottom at 1 percent.
    Wonder if he'll run in the GE as an Independent?

Hopefully he joins renua... im undecided if I’m going to rip up the vote card and post it or renua 1 ff2 at next election. Anything to get that lying snake varadkar removed as Taoiseach ...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement