Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 6) *Read Mod Note in Post 1* Revised 13-01-19

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,679 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Paulie denied it, said it was 'no balls' Conor keeping himself relevant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Paulie denied it, said it was 'no balls' Conor keeping himself relevant.

That's why I said to take it with a grain of salt. BJ's site can be a gossip site. Though I imagine if Paulie was offered enough he would take it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    That's why I said to take it with a grain of salt. BJ's site can be a gossip site. Though I imagine if Paulie was offered enough he would take it.

Can be? :D

It's the worst site out there. Pure clickbait garbage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

So.. time to bring 'its only business' talk back

Conor has said it was 'dont be bitching' not 'fine kisses' like it sounds to me. https://streamable.com/7gdyc

Tbh I dont hear that at all, could be just saying it to suit his post targeted at Paulie

• Registered Users Posts: 29,679 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Don't be bitchin lol the guy is full on delusional he feared Khabib and said it was only buisness.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,341 ✭✭✭xtal191

Khabib complaining to the ref baffled him? Maybe because you were fouling/cheating constantly throughout the fight, the chap is delusional.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,150 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

In the Mendes fight did McGregor not talk to the ref saying Mendes wasn't doing anything when he was on top?

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭brendanwalsh

Mctapper is losing his marbles lads. Too much of the hard stuff and too many shots to the brain causing excessive brain rot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭VW 1

Solid contribution Brendan, great insight.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

If you're going to slag him, at least try be witty.
    Mctapper makes you look like a five year old.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Mctapper is losing his marbles lads. Too much of the hard stuff and too many shots to the brain causing excessive brain rot.

Honest question Brendan, what age are you? I'd say you are the one suffering brain rot

Honest question Brendan, what age are you? I'd say you are the one suffering brain rot

Attack the post not the poster.

McGregor is showing signs of delusion and disassociation with reality. This could be indicative of CTE. Common disease seen in sports where head trauma is inflicted. Primarily NFL, but mma too. Please feel free to counter that point. If you target me personal again I'll report you to an administrator.

McGregor is showing signs of delusion and disassociation with reality. This could be indicative of CTE. Common disease seen in sports where head trauma is inflicted. Primarily NFL, but mma too. Please feel free to counter that point. If you target me personal again I'll report you to an administrator.

Isn't back seat modding against the rules? So is unfounded accusations of drug taking and so is fighter bashing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Ah, you're one of these people that like throwing abuse but can't take the slightest bit back. Ok.

To answer your other point, he hasn't taken enough shots to think CTE, apart from probably having scans done.
    His post was to to keep interest up, drum up controversy, discussion etc. Which it's doing.

He's a lot cleverer than you're giving him credit for.
    No publicity is bad publicity and all that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

ricero wrote: »

Keep it coming Khabib.

This might be the type of motivation he needs to get back in the game properly.

Still life left in him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

I don't see any difference between his recent rant and the one he posted here in 2011, he's always been like that

• Registered Users Posts: 18,016 ✭✭✭✭rob316

When are the athletic commission expected to rule? Once that's done the rematch talk will go into overdrive.

rob316 wrote: »
    When are the athletic commission expected to rule? Once that's done the rematch talk will go into overdrive.

Jan 29th

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Isn't back seat modding against the rules? So is unfounded accusations of drug taking and so is fighter bashing.

Unfounded accusations lol

Hard stuff implies alcohol. No mention of drug taking at all. In fact, you're the first one to mention it. I'd caution against saying further as you may step into libelous territory. Nonetheless will let the moderators deal with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

Hard stuff implies alcohol. No mention of drug taking at all. In fact, you're the first one to mention it. I'd caution against saying further as you may step into libelous territory. Nonetheless will let the moderators deal with you.

Would you ever stop, your not funny or amusing and your posts are downright annoying in my opinion. I love reading all the informed opinions and conversations about conor as for the likes of myself it’s a great way to learn but the crap that creeps in here is unreal, if your glad to see him humiliated or lose then that’s fine but you don’t have to post here wrecking everyone’s head, mactapper should be a cardable offense in my opinion it’s so annoying! I don’t know enough to post on the finer points of mma but I’ll certainly post if I think someone is spouting nonsense

What a load of bollox. You didn't mean alcohol when you said hard stuff. Do everyone a favour an go play with your toys or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,190 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

ricero wrote: »
    Don't be bitchin lol the guy is full on delusional he feared Khabib and said it was only buisness.
    He said it after round 3. The "Bitching" comment actually makes sense as Khabib was complaining to the ref at the time.
    "Conor was afraid" doesn't really as he had just won the round. Maybe if it was after round 2, but it wasn't.
    McGregor is showing signs of delusion and disassociation with reality. This could be indicative of CTE.
    I think people believing everything they read are lacking a grasp on reality tbh. Or at least have a simplistic child like view. Seeing reasonable intelligent adults regressing like that is sad to see - whether it's due to a brain issue or facetiousness.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Lads cut out the nonsense or a few of you will be taking a break.

While you are at it lose the 'McTapper' name, it shows a person as nothing but an immature troll looking to goad people into a reaction and a quick way to an infraction. Added to the charter although it already falls under fighter bashing and general muppetry.

Ali also went in hard again on McGregor in instagram

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭magic_murph

So to sum up....

Conor has the following options:
    - cash in on all his endorsements and retire as the most profitable UFC fighter to date (can't see too many coming close in the near future)
    - Box Malinagi - can't see there being much interest in this fights. At least mayweather was relevant at the time of their fight
    - Rematch Diaz - I'd like to see this but maybe not as his next fight
    - Rematch Aldo – can’t see that happening anytime soon
    - Rematch Khabib – probably the most likely fight to make
    - Make the move to 165 if the UFC create this division. He could fight khabib or Diaz at this weight
    - Rematch Max – he wont be fighting at 145 again so max would need to move up. Conor would be too big for him at that new weight
    - Fight tony – may only happen if Khabib is suspended for the year

Either way I think Conor has 2-3 more fights left in the UFC then its bye bye Vegas and Hello Hollywood.
    What contract does he currently have – is he tied to a couple more fights or whats the story?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

What contract does he currently have – is he tied to a couple more fights or whats the story?
    He signed a 6 fight contract before the Khabib fight, that doesn't mean he will fight 5 more times but it prevents him for fighting for any other organisation unless he wants to go through a pain in the hole legal process that will take a very long time.

• Advertisement

So to sum up....

Conor has the following options:
    - cash in on all his endorsements and retire as the most profitable UFC fighter to date (can't see too many coming close in the near future)
    - Box Malinagi - can't see there being much interest in this fights. At least mayweather was relevant at the time of their fight
    - Rematch Diaz - I'd like to see this but maybe not as his next fight
    - Rematch Aldo – can’t see that happening anytime soon
    - Rematch Khabib – probably the most likely fight to make
    - Make the move to 165 if the UFC create this division. He could fight khabib or Diaz at this weight
    - Rematch Max – he wont be fighting at 145 again so max would need to move up. Conor would be too big for him at that new weight
    - Fight tony – may only happen if Khabib is suspended for the year

Either way I think Conor has 2-3 more fights left in the UFC then its bye bye Vegas and Hello Hollywood.

You don't really get tied in a ufc contract, he can retire when ever he likes. It just stops him from fighting for other promotions. Think he penned a 6 fight deal recently.

He could also make an appearance in wrestling, seems quite close with Beccy Lynch who's "fighting" Rousey soon

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement