Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 6) *Read Mod Note in Post 1* Revised 13-01-19

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,190 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Holly Holm was 10/1 (trying to get a screenshot of the bet before you say "prove it")
    I'd believe she was availible at 10s somewhere at some point.
    8s is just what the record books list it as.
    Rory28 wrote: »
    I remember it as I was doing a CompTIA net+ course in the building beside it. Right in the window in massive red letters. There is no reason for me to make this up lads. Believe it or dont.
    That makes more sense. That would have been a promotion with a fiver or so max.
    There was similar on McGregor. But you couldn't drop $100 and each and guarantee

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

This is what happens when you're a fighter that desperate to stay in the media spotlight without actually fighting. You act like a teenage girl making drama out of the least little thing.

Conor Jr. is much more mature than Conor at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    This is what happens when you're a fighter that desperate to stay in the media spotlight without actually fighting. You act like a teenage girl making drama out of the least little thing.

Conor Jr. is much more mature than Conor at this point.
    I wouldn't say he's desperate just yet, more like it's in his interests to stay relevant and if you can do that from your couch at 2am then why not. But it's either that or 'he's a coke snorting baby'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

D'Agger wrote: »
    I wouldn't say he's desperate just yet, more like it's in his interests to stay relevant and if you can do that from your couch at 2am then why not. But it's either that or 'he's a coke snorting baby'

What's he doing up at 2am if preparing for the Khabib rematch [that he claims to desperately want] ? Kind of blows that "The rematch is my top priority." claim if he's up at 2am trying to make drama out of nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

What's he doing up at 2am if preparing for the Khabib rematch [that he claims to desperately want] ? Kind of blows that "The rematch is my top priority." claim if he's up at 2am trying to make drama out of nothing.

Up with a week old child I'd imagine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Lol he doesn't work a normal job where he's up in the morning. He can train at whatever time he feels like/works for him and who knows what his training schedule is.

And as said above, it seems he's had another kid recently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Wow

Newborn child, new whiskey that he's promoting non stop particularly to the American market would be two plausible reasons for being up at that time.

You're effectively saying he should be in bed early if he's to have a rematch in July and FWIW if he creates minor dramas like this then it pays him to do so as I initially mentioned, I don't get the hate on this one tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Bubblegummers

That’s number 1 bull**** in the words of Khabib.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,150 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Didn't he direct mail Blindboy Boatclub to threaten him on twitter? and Gegard Mousassi too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

He hates being criticised. There are some well known stories about people that were quite integral to his team in the early UFC days who are no longer with him, purely because they don't worship the ground he works on. I'm a huge fan of him but jaysus he can be an awful handbag sometimes.

Is Axwell CMG?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

CatFromHue wrote: »
    Didn't he direct mail Blindboy Boatclub to threaten him on twitter? and Gegard Mousassi too!

He's an emotionally crippled man child. any bit of criticism and he's ranting at people. Typical "hard man" howya.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭PLOPS

dulux99 wrote:
    He hates being criticised. There are some well known stories about people that were quite integral to his team in the early UFC days who are no longer with him, purely because they don't worship the ground he works on. I'm a huge fan of him but jaysus he can be an awful handbag sometimes.

This has to be about Tom Egan? That has always puzzled me, Tom Egan got him started in MMA and was his right hand man, the bang he's gone. He must have dropped a clanger.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

PLOPS wrote: »
    This has to be about Tom Egan? That has always puzzled me, Tom Egan got him started in MMA and was his right hand man, the bang he's gone. He must have dropped a clanger.

Yeah Tom Egan is one. Chris Fields being another. I don't wanna be a gossip queen but I'm sure the stories are out there on Google somewhere.

dulux99 wrote: »
    Yeah Tom Egan is one. Chris Fields being another. I don't wanna be a gossip queen but I'm sure the stories are out there on Google somewhere.

Chris runs sbg swords

• Registered Users Posts: 11,920 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Chris runs sbg swords

yeah, and conor has had nothing to do with sbg swords, not even popping in at any point to give chris support.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭brendanwalsh

Conor and John have also had a quiet parting of the ways. John trying to distance himself from the circus. John is a quiet peaceful man and McGregor's antics are counter to that. Conor trains at sbg Naas now and it's an easier commute for him there. John runs sbg dublin and has no involvement in the naas gym.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Robocop Corcoran

Conor and John have also had a quiet parting of the ways. John trying to distance himself from the circus. John is a quiet peaceful man and McGregor's antics are counter to that. Conor trains at sbg Naas now and it's an easier commute for him there. John runs sbg dublin and has no involvement in the naas gym.

Do you reckon John will be cornering him in any future fights?

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭brendanwalsh

Do you reckon John will be cornering him in any future fights?

My own opinion is mcgregor and kavanagh are former colleagues at this point. This is just my interpretation. Kavanagh told ariel helwani he hasn't spoke to Conor since the fight. He also said he wouldn't fancy cornering Conor again unless it was a big fight. Conor said he should have trusted his instincts for the khabib fight and not listened to other people. Conor no longer trains with John.

I think he did so much smack talk about loyalty and staying loyal to people he will stay under sbg banner. Can't leave his new child and bird at home either.

He's reached a ceiling. The blueprint to beat him is drag him to the later rounds and wrestle him. He hasn't won a fight since 2016. Would need to go to America and train with someone like zahavi to improve again. Khabib trains with Cain rockhold and cormier. McGregor trains with artem queally and John redmond and some Moldovan randomer. The glory days are over but we will see mcgregor fight again, I just think the secret is out now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Robocop Corcoran

My own opinion is mcgregor and kavanagh are former colleagues at this point. This is just my interpretation. Kavanagh told ariel helwani he hasn't spoke to Conor since the fight. He also said he wouldn't fancy cornering Conor again unless it was a big fight. Conor said he should have trusted his instincts for the khabib fight and not listened to other people. Conor no longer trains with John.

I think he did so much smack talk about loyalty and staying loyal to people he will stay under sbg banner. Can't leave his new child and bird at home either.

He's reached a ceiling. The blueprint to beat him is drag him to the later rounds and wrestle him. He hasn't won a fight since 2016. Would need to go to America and train with someone like zahavi to improve again. Khabib trains with Cain rockhold and cormier. McGregor trains with artem queally and John redmond and some Moldovan randomer. The glory days are over but we will see mcgregor fight again, I just think the secret is out now.

I agree with your post, we've seen the best of him. I always thought him and John had a strange relationship, they're like chalk and cheese, sometimes that works but only for so long. John and SBG have done well out of Conor anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Some rumours online that he is in for a boxing match with Paulie and negotiations have begun.

If true than khabib was right when he said that he would "send him back to box".

CatFromHue wrote: »

What did he say to blindboy and what was he reacting to from him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

He hasn’t won a fight since 2016.

He fight twice since then, one in boxing against arguably the best boxer of all time and against arguably the best UFC wrestler of all time.

2 fights....

glasso wrote: »
    What did he say to blindboy and what was he reacting to from him?

Conor misinterpretation of what blindboy said thought he was saying Conor was gonna be shot like 2pac then said don’t forget u have a bag on ur head make sure u don’t get found in it

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Seems to be a bit of talk that Conor and Malignaggi are exploring the possibility of a boxing match.

Here we go again! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,678 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Paully D wrote: »
    Seems to be a bit of talk that Conor and Malignaggi are exploring the possibility of a boxing match.

Here we go again! :pac:

What happened that Netflix special kavanagh was on about? Unless they announce a fight and then release the Netflix yoke as a marketing ploy. Ugh, a build up listening to Paulie and MMA sites posting everything he says, no thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Perhaps Dana feels McGregor's stock has fallen in mma and so wants to get Zuffa boxing underway with a McGregor bout.

Rather see him fighting Ferguson next myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭pastorbarrett

Be nice to see him getting a w somewhere...Whatever gravitas you afford a fight against Malignaggi (not much personally), a loss there is devastating for his stock.

Who would've thought it, and it seems hyperbole to say it, but in some ways (marketing wise) it's a must win.

Edit: must say disappointed if he does box next.

• Advertisement

If he boxes that clown then count me out anyway. The Mayweather circus was watchable because it was something strange, new and different, this will be like a shítty B-side to what that was.

Get back in the Octagon or simply retire - reference the get in, get paid, get out quote of his

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement