Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 6) *Read Mod Note in Post 1* Revised 13-01-19

Options

Comments

a distinct lack of swagger today going into his court appearance

https://www.rte.ie/news/courts/2018/1217/1017627-conor-mcgregor-court/

He's changing up the skanger court appearance game..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

glasso wrote: »

Novelty is wearing off I guess...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

why was the case struck out?

CatFromHue wrote: »

maybe 'cos he's already banned from driving.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Because he was insured and had a valid license at the time of the offence .

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭Muttley79

Lets see him get off his next court case for what happened last week

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

"Before the hearing, Mr McGregor's solicitor Graham Kenny spoke to Garda Keith Dolan from Rathmines, who was standing in for the prosecuting garda, and produced the required documentation."

Same thing happened to me a few years back, stopped while driving with no license on me. Was meant to produce it within 10 days at a station and forgot all about it. Court summons about a year later, I met the Guard in the court and showed her my license and insurance and the case was struck out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭VW 1

He was being brought in for failing to produce licence, he had done it prior to the court appearance, once the garda confirmed it it was struck out.

Although asking someone to explain that yet not clicking the link to the article to read it is pretty lazy :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Muttley79 wrote: »
    Lets see him get off his next court case for what happened last week

1 week Ban for ignoring the multiple mod and admin comments

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭PLOPS

Who ever his driver was today won't last too long driving like he did away from court. Nearly got into an accident because he took off like a rocket. Some plonker all the same losing his licence, anyone know if he has to resit his test? All his flash suits and cars and yet he has zero class, just wish he'd exit stage left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

It was nice of Conor to pose for a picture in court, if I was a celeb in court I'd tell people to fúck off if they asked me for a pic there! :p

r7p8z0x5xw421.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

cliggg wrote: »
    It was nice of Conor to pose for a picture in court, if I was a celeb in court I'd tell people to fúck off if they asked me for a pic there! :p

r7p8z0x5xw421.jpg

Photography is not allowed in court. He is clearly the one holding the phone and taking the picture. I hope the gardai follow up on this and charge him with contempt of court.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Photography is not allowed in court. He is clearly the one holding the phone and taking the picture. I hope the gardai follow up on this and charge him with contempt of court.

It's not inside the courtroom so there goes that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,583 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

ASOT wrote: »
    It's not inside the courtroom so there goes that one.

Shut up you ASOT, don't you know this is the 'I hate Conor McGregor but am completely obsessed with him' thread? You're wrecking the buzz :D

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Shut up you ASOT, don't you know this is the 'I hate Conor McGregor but am completely obsessed with him' thread? You're wrecking the buzz :D

No man..this is the "you can't say anything bad about McGregor thread"..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

I'd rather they follow up on real crimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

spix wrote: »
    I heard proper 12 is made by slane not busmills

I think they both had the same guy design their labels, that's about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

glasso wrote: »

Its sad that he's in a courtroom more frequently than he is in the Octagon anymore.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

DeVore wrote: »
    No announcement afaik.

McGregor isn't motivated by belt-defences, he's motivated by challenge. Why climb a hill you have climbed before? Thats his mentality. I cant see him ever defending the 145 belt apart from maybe Aldo (and I said that 6 months ago too :) )

The thing is that McGregor vs the 145'ers is at a big advantage. He can muscle them around in the clinch/grapple. He doesn't have to worry too much about their knock out power (theres not much there) and he has the bigger reach, always. At 155, he might be in danger of being... well, average.... :^/

I think he should have stayed at 145 and defended his title, this business with Diaz is a silly distraction and Mayweather is simply cuckoo land.

I want to see McGregor back at 145, beating everyone there and sitting on his throne. But I don't think that's his plan...

The thing is, the UFC learned before that unified belt fight are bad news. Yes you get one big fight out of it. But then you could lose one big champion and the two belts are defended half as often.

I can see a situation where Conor wins the 155 belt and then vacates the 145 belt saying "they can have it, I'm done with it" :)

I feel bad for Frankie, partly because I really like the guy, he has a great character and is a truly tough mofo and partly because he has really done everything he should need to do to get a crack at the belt.

I predict deese tings...:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Ah yeah, doesn't post for ages and then swans in with a 'I told you so' post'... :D:D *

Nice to hear from you DeV.

*for those that don't know, he actually does own the place. i.e is a founder of boards.ie.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Lo all... yeah been a while. And I cant even claim I've been busy training because I'm a lazy sh*te who hasnt seen the inside of the gym since June. Big fat fool now but that has to change and starts tomorrow (because of course it does!) :)

Bored stupid by the latest UFC stuff though... dunno whats going on. Is it just me or are there no really interesting fighters/fights any more? (yeah, old timey DeV is here to tell you it was all better in my day :) )

• Registered Users Posts: 19,619 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Welcome back to the thread DeV :cool:
    Good calls tbf but would disagree on him staying at 145, it was a huge struggle for him to cut to that weight. As for Mayweather,etc shed loads of cash said otherwise. Where to next though, can he get back to the same level of commitment as he had before the circus begun? It doesnt seem that likely right now, its diffcult to see him being as hungry as he was a couple of years back.

It *was* a huge struggle for him to cut to 145... especially after putting on muscle. Its so sooo much easier to cut water and fat than muscle. :/

I dunno where he goes from here. He cant go back in for another title fight imho and his pride is going to have to come down about 20 stories to start to take build-up fights to get himself tuned up again because make no mistake about it, the Conor we saw against Khabib was slow and stodgy. Conor was never good on the ground but he was very hard to GET to the ground and keep him there. Khabib didnt have that problem with him and made Conor look pretty average. :/

Bored stupid by the latest UFC stuff though... dunno whats going on. Is it just me or are there no really interesting fighters/fights any more? (yeah, old timey DeV is here to tell you it was all better in my day :) )

Cant say im bored at all, after ten years of fandom i love it as much as ever.

Holloway ortega was a hugely intriguing matchup, as was conor khabib.

Garbrandt v dillashaw (both) and garbrandt beating cruz were all highlights.

Now dillashaw v cejudo is also gonna be great.

Askren should shake up the division too.

Cant say i love the wwe nature of a lot of the latest build ups, but once they close thecage door its as good as ever, in my humble.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Go watch fights from the last 2-3 years from the following.

Brian Ortega
    Zabit Magomedsharipov
    Robert Whitaker
    Kelvin Gastelum
    Stipe Miocic,
    Cody Garbrant
    Max Holloway
    Tony Ferguson
    Justin Gaethje
    Dustin Poirier
    Tai Tuivasa

Plenty of fun fights and interesting fighters to keep you entertained.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Reliable source says hes fighting Holloway in march. Not sure what weight class.

Not to forget korean zombie and the california fighter tattooed all over front and back.

Edit, cub swanson.

Go watch fights from the last 2-3 years from the following.

Brian Ortega
    Zabit Magomedsharipov
    Robert Whitaker
    Kelvin Gastelum
    Stipe Miocic,
    Cody Garbrant
    Max Holloway
    Tony Ferguson
    Justin Gaethje
    Dustin Poirier
    Tai Tuivasa

Plenty of fun fights and interesting fighters to keep you entertained.

Even in the last couple of months, if Holloway v Ortega, poirier v gathje, conor v Khabib, Ferguson v Petis. Yair v Zombie. And coming up nunes v cyborg Jones v Guss. How can you not be entertained.

• Advertisement

It *was* a huge struggle for him to cut to 145... especially after putting on muscle. Its so sooo much easier to cut water and fat than muscle. :/

I dunno where he goes from here. He cant go back in for another title fight imho and his pride is going to have to come down about 20 stories to start to take build-up fights to get himself tuned up again because make no mistake about it, the Conor we saw against Khabib was slow and stodgy. Conor was never good on the ground but he was very hard to GET to the ground and keep him there. Khabib didnt have that problem with him and made Conor look pretty average. :/

Khabib has done that against 25 other people though. McGregor did look a bit off but take nothing away from khabib. Being mauled by him doesn't really tell us anything.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement