Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 6) *Read Mod Note in Post 1* Revised 13-01-19

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Gross.

They are thing with higher end suits though, you might just have some side tabs to allow a little flexibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

12 previous driving offences so the ban is well deserved and McG will just hire a driver it won't have a significant negative impact on any part of his life.

Would a ban.like this carry over to other countries? If McG I in the states will he be able to drive?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Graniteville

I don't like this particular judge, he gives this stupid sentences that are disproportionate to the offence and they get reduced on appeal, wasting more court time and taxpayer wedge.
    Also he let off a driver in Donegal that had been caught doing rings in a junction because it was his last case in Donegal. This driver went on to kill 8 people in a crash. But I do take your point that sentences need to be stiffer but also a balance needs to be found.

Zaidan is superb. Petty crime has dropped dramatically in the area. Shoplifting has dropped dramatically too as the local skanks know he has no problem giving 11months.

More of him in the criminal courts and more like Terry osullivan in the Civil courts. (when he is down for hearing a scam compo case, it suddenly gets withdrawn)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

The detail on this is something else, what a shíte legal system we have. Only a 6 month ban for his 13th driving conviction? Ridiculous stuff, he didn't have his license the last time either. What a mad country.

154 km/h in a 100 km/h zone
    speeding
    driving without a license
    failing to produce a license at the scene
    failing to produce it at a Garda station
    12 previous motoring convictions

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

cliggg wrote: »
    The detail on this is something else, what a shíte legal system we have. Only a 6 month ban for his 13th driving conviction? Ridiculous stuff, he didn't have his license the last time either. What a mad country.

154 km/h in a 100 km/h zone
    speeding
    driving without a license
    failing to produce a license at the scene
    failing to produce it at a Garda station
    12 previous motoring convictions

Was his license not in order in the end that's why they were struck out? I agree on the legal system being a joke though.

• Advertisement

ASOT wrote: »
    Was his license not in order in the end that's why they were struck out?
    I don't know what that means, does it mean he eventually proved he had a license?

I don't know what that means, does it mean he eventually proved he had a license?

Yeah if it was struck out it usually means his license was in date at the time of the offence so the guards/judge cancelled them out basically.

Yeah if it was struck out it usually means his license was in date at the time of the offence so the guards/judge cancelled them out basically.
    Ah I see, though that just makes it worse to me. "He was doing 154 in a 100 zone with no license on him (just like the Blanch trial) but it's ok because he did have actually have one he just couldn't be bothered to bring it with him or couldn't be bothered to take a few minutes out of his life to bring one to a Garda station for verification and we can't be arsed to punish him for that." Mad country.

Ah I see, though that just makes it worse to me. "He was doing 154 in a 100 zone with no license on him (just like the Blanch trial) but it's ok because he did have actually have one he just couldn't be bothered to bring it with him or couldn't be bothered to take a few minutes out of his life to bring one to a Garda station for verification and we can't be arsed to punish him for that." Mad country.

Not defending him because id imagine he just didn't go the station after but I had to produce my license etc and still got summons for not producing. It was a pain in the hole but all got struck out. It can happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭evil_seed

Pighead wrote: »
    Pretty sure Conor has lost all his belts.

Nailed it! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Hahahahaha, Big Tony hitting the wall bag on Conor’s latest Instagram post!

Unbelievable technique! :pac:

Paully D wrote: »
    Hahahahaha, Big Tony hitting the wall bag on Conor’s latest Instagram post!

Unbelievable technique! :pac:

Haha! He'll be fighting the winner of Tito v Henderson. Also I thought the baby hitting the bag was so feckin adorable!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

https://www.mmanews.com/john-kavanagh-hasnt-seen-conor-mcgregor/

I don't think Conor has the heart to tell John that he's going with a real boxing coach for his fight with Paulie.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

bur wrote: »
    https://www.mmanews.com/john-kavanagh-hasnt-seen-conor-mcgregor/

I don't think Conor has the heart to tell John that he's going with a real boxing coach for his fight with Paulie.

More down to the fact JK has been in the gym less than McGregor. He's been all over the place with various fighters

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Did McGregor kind of ignore JK's advice in the Khabib fight again too?

Owen Roddy has left SBG Naas to focus solely on SBG Charlestown. Of course they're only down the road from each other so i'd imagine he'll still be involved in Conor’s camps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Owen Roddy has left SBG Naas to focus solely on SBG Charlestown. Of course they're only down the road from each other so i'd imagine he'll still be involved in Conor’s camps.

You mean Naas road? As in the HQ?
    He was barely there anyway.

You mean Naas road? As in the HQ?
    He was barely there anyway.

Yeah the main one I meant, Naas road not Naas. So was he already spending a lot of time I Charlestown anyway?

Yeah the main one I meant, Naas road not Naas. So was he already spending a lot of time I Charlestown anyway?

Charlestown was his gym from the start, Primal before the name changed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Charlestown was his gym from the start, Primal before the name changed.

What asot said. It's his primary business. He was only a part-time striking coach for baas road and did very few sessions there. He'll probably still work with the pro team and individual fighters for camps as he always has.

• Advertisement

What asot said. It's his primary business. He was only a part-time striking coach for baas road and did very few sessions there. He'll probably still work with the pro team and individual fighters for camps as he always has.

His new gym is class now also, much bigger than the othwr one. Delighted for him he deserves it. Top bloke.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭degsie

See McG was test driving a truck in Lucan Village, thought he was banned....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

degsie wrote: »

Fascinating story

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

degsie wrote: »

Bans don't kick in straight away

• Registered Users Posts: 11,463 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Looks like Poirer 2 next. Tasty.

Ush1 wrote: »
    Looks like Poirer 2 next. Tasty.
    If we can believe Dana that is.

https://twitter.com/MikeBohnMMA/status/1068753782840864768

Nothing can happen until after Conor & Khabib's hearings & possible suspensions.

Though Dustin did post this today

y89yg97jfm121.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Dustin posting that picture is pathetic stuff from him

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

ricero wrote: »
    Dustin posting that picture is pathetic stuff from him

Why? I find it quite amusing myself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

how.gareth wrote: »
    Why? I find it quite amusing myself

Makes him look so small time imo