Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 6) *Read Mod Note in Post 1* Revised 13-01-19

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Tapping is the best outcome once he was in that situation.

Would it be better if Khabib sinks it under the chin and Conor goes to sleep? Or if Khabib starts pounding on a fatigued McG until the ref stops it or McG is flatlined?

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Og81

JJayoo wrote: »
    Tapping is the best outcome once he was in that situation.

Would it be better if Khabib sinks it under the chin and Conor goes to sleep? Or if Khabib starts pounding on a fatigued McG until the ref stops it or McG is flatlined?

Of course tapping is the best outcome,i seen Joe discussing this he was referring to Conor not defending his position that led to the crank.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Lads this is an MMA forum, if you want to talk gossip and tabloid level nonsense then take it to the after hours thread..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Anything of note in that podcast?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Nothing in particular but worth a watch all the same as touches on a few things Rogan and Ariel didn't.

Would've been far better without the sidekick fool this chap seems to have sit in on his podcasts though. Never watch the channel so no idea if he was a one off or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Sidekick name is Lawrence. He's usually decent but has no clue about mma.

At what point does Geordie disappear up Kavanaghs arse ?

He's a huge McGregor fanboy and his video he made post khabib beatdown was proper cringe and I say this as a somewhat fan of his podcast.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭pastorbarrett

Some shedding of light on differing opinions for tactics vs Khabib - McG wanted to feel the clinch early on seemingly, Kavanagh obviously advising to avoid that for as long as possible.

Anyways, in the end it wasn't the clinch that did it, I suppose...

On the one hand admirable that McG was intent on doing that, if foolhardy - though easily said from the vantage point of hindsight.

But then, it makes you wonder if McGregor really respected Khabib at all, or at least accorded him the respect he deserved. Shades of Diaz 1 maybe. Of course, he said post-fight he afforded his stand-up no mind at all in prep. I don't think he was gaming when he said he was going to run though him!

Agreed on podcast co-host, awful stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Up in court again next week in Naas on a charge of speeding and three charges of failure to produce license. Was due today but didn't turn up/didn't think he had to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

Up in court again next week in Naas on a charge of speeding and three charges of failure to produce license. Was due today but didn't turn up/didn't think he had to.

Is that twice in 2 years he's been caught speeding? I guess driving the flashy cars means his car(s) would get noticed even before he was speeding so he's gonna get pulled over very quickly when he does.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

That judge is a known looper when it comes to speeders. He has sent lads to prison for speeding

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭MarkJD

Anyone see that thread on reddit... Surprised its not mentioned and whatsapp groups around the country lighting up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

MarkJD wrote: »
    Anyone see that thread on reddit... Surprised its not mentioned and whatsapp groups around the country lighting up

There is a thread in after hours about it

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,147 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

he got caught doing 150 in a 100 zone last time and didn't show up twice to court.

he really should be getting his arse kicked by the judge this time around so.

CatFromHue wrote: »
    he got caught doing 150 in a 100 zone last time and didn't show up twice to court.

This judges statement left no doubt that he HAS to turn up next week. And another poster has said that he takes no nonsense regarding motoring offenses.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,928 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

He's f**ed... Judge zaidan I presume?

He's f**ed... Judge zaidan I presume?

Yeah, thats him.

"Judge Zaidan outlined the four raps facing McGregor, one of speeding and three relating to the failure to produce a driving licence.

Sergeant Jim Kelly told the court that the gardai served the summons on McGregor in person, confirming it was served “face to face”.

And in a warning to McGregor, the judge declared the famous grappler needed to appear before the court.

Judge Zaidan maintained McGregor should be aware of the case, saying: “There is no question of Mr McGregor not knowing about this.”

And the judge sent the superstar defendant a clear message.

He said: “I won’t ask why he is not here…but the onus was on the defence solicitor to notify his client to turn up for the hearing.

“If it is contested I won’t hear the case in absentia (in the absence of McGregor)."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Speeding is a scummy thing to do. Nearly as bad as drink driving for me

ricero wrote: »
    Speeding is a scummy thing to do. Nearly as bad as drink driving for me

Exactly. You might be (or imagine that you are) the best driver in the world and thats fine, if you're on a track. But on a road there are other road users and you don't have to make a mistake for an accident to happen and if you are flying along you won't be able to make an adjustment if someone else screws up, not to mention if you screw up yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

if you are flying along you won't be able to make an adjustment if someone else screws up, not to mention if you screw up yourself.

Which can also happen if you are within or below the speed limit.
    Look at the M50, nearly a crash a day, sometimes more, and you'd be lucky to get into 3rd gear, never mind up to the speed limit or actually over it.

There are also worse things than speeding, it's nowhere near as bad as drink driving.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭nelly17

Tazzimus wrote: »
    Which can also happen if you are within or below the speed limit.
    Look at the M50, nearly a crash a day, sometimes more, and you'd be lucky to get into 3rd gear, never mind up to the speed limit or actually over it.

There are also worse things than speeding, it's nowhere near as bad as drink driving.

Rubbish its down to physics if you're going too fast in excess of the speed limit and can not stop because of that speed when you hit someone it is just as bad as drink driving. If someone is hit by a drunk driver or if someone is hit by someone who is speeding the damage is still done.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

nelly17 wrote: »
    Rubbish its down to physics

Thank god we're finally on to physics, because that's what I came here for

• Registered Users Posts: 39,162 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Rubbish its down to physics if you're going too fast in excess of the speed limit and can not stop because of that speed when you hit someone it is just as bad as drink driving. If someone is hit by a drunk driver or if someone is hit by someone who is speeding the damage is still done.
    If the car at x speed abs hits someone, it's irrelevant what the person behind the wheel has had to drink. "It's physics".

But the difference is that a person drunk behind the wheel has bad reactions, impaired ability, bad judgement, and could easily be speeding on top on that. I'm surprised that needs to be pointed out tbh.

Both are terrible. Nobody is trying to justify speeding. But downplaying drunk driving is bizarre imo. Drunk driving requires a conscious decusion in advance to not give a shït. Inexcusable imo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

I had a reasonably lengthy post typed out, but realised there was no point.

I'll keep it short:
    Drink driving is very bad and you're an asshole if you do it.
    Speeding is also bad, but not quite comparable to drink driving.

Anyway, how about that mma, eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭paulieeye

Rubbish its down to physics

with mcgregor it might be more down to chemistry...nomsayin...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,928 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

OK so we're on to hitting people now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,147 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Mellor wrote: »
    If the car at x speed abs hits someone, it's irrelevant what the person behind the wheel has had to drink. "It's physics".

But the difference is that a person drunk behind the wheel has bad reactions, impaired ability, bad judgement, and could easily be speeding on top on that. I'm surprised that needs to be pointed out tbh.

Both are terrible. Nobody is trying to justify speeding. But downplaying drunk driving is bizarre imo. Drunk driving requires a conscious decusion in advance to not give a shït. Inexcusable imo

I know we're going off topic but doing 150 in a 100 zone is a conscious decision to not give a ****.

150km even on a motorway is ridiculously fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,924 ✭✭✭cletus

I know we're going off topic but doing 150 in a 100 zone is a conscious decision to not give a ****.

150km even on a motorway is ridiculously fast.

True, but who designated speeding as 50% over the limit. 110 in a 100 zone is speeding.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭monty_python

I just read on Facebook that McGregor has received a contract to fight cowboy

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement