Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 6) *Read Mod Note in Post 1* Revised 13-01-19

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Tazzimus wrote: »
    Ignore him, he likes to be that guy.

Fair play for Dustin if it's true, nice pay cheque coming to him

Be what guy ? Sounds like you are accusing me of being a troll.

My view is that it makes Dustin look desperate and small time. Also gives McGregor some added fuel to slag him with.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

ricero wrote: »
    Be what guy ? Sounds like you are accusing me of being a troll.

My view is that it makes Dustin look desperate and small time. Also gives McGregor some added fuel to slag him with.

Ah Ricero lad I enjoy you but you're king troll :D

I think you're reading too much into it though. Was a light hearted joke .

McGregor whoops Poirier again for me if they rematch. I love Poirier but he's just too easily hit. Perfect match for McG.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

I'd prefer him fight Cowboy than Dustin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

dulux99 wrote: »
    McGregor whoops Poirier again for me if they rematch. I love Poirier but he's just too easily hit. Perfect match for McG.

Think it would have been the perfect comeback fight for conor instead of khabib. Would still love to see it happen, after watching cowboy last week I’m not too keen on fighting him anymore! I suppose it would be a lot different with him having to get back down to 155 though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Wonder how big an impact Owen Roddy leaving sbg will be for McGregor going forward.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

jcd5971 wrote: »
    Wonder how big an impact Owen Roddy leaving sbg will be for McGregor going forward.

None, he's not leaving SBG, he still runs an SBG gym, he's still coaching the pro team fighters, he's just not taking classes in Naas Road anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭xtal191

McGregor will destroy Poirier again, perfect fight for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

jcd5971 wrote: »

He's just left Concorde to focus on his own place, he'll still be involved in fight camps I'd imagine, be silly to throw away that paycheck

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Seems Owen is just stepping away from taking classes in concorde, there will be a number of changes I'd imagine when the gym is moved

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,112 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Seems Owen is just stepping away from taking classes in concorde, there will be a number of changes I'd imagine when the gym is moved

HQ is moving?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

The full list of charges against and possible punishments for Conor & Khabib.

https://usatmmajunkie.files.wordpress.com/2018/12/nsac-complaints-mcgregor-nurmagomedov.pdf

Mellor wrote: »
    HQ is moving?

Yep, not far though. If all is to be believed there will be better facilities, sauna etc

Isn't it literally moving next door?

Isn't it literally moving next door?

Going up the road a bit

Conor trying to quash Chiesa's lawsuit. My favourite line is "In his court docs, McGregor also claims Chiesa has failed to prove that he suffered any real emotional distress from the incident -- noting that he's a "seasoned combat sports fighter" ... and therefore should be used to physical trauma".

Conor McGregor claims UFC fighter Michael Chiesa shouldn't be able to sue him for intentional infliction of emotional distress because he wasn't the intended target in his NY bus attack. We broke the story ... Chiesa sued Conor over the injuries he suffered from the April 5, 2018 incident at Barclays Center where McGregor threw a steel dolly at a bus packed with UFC fighters and staffers, including Chiesa.
    Chiesa was hit by shards of glass and suffered cuts to his face that were so bad, he was forced to pull out of his UFC 223 bout against Anthony Pettis.

Now, McGregor has filed a response to Chiesa's suit admitting his conduct was "unquestionably inappropriate," but should not be considered "outrageous."
    So, why does that distinction matter? Because proving "outrageousness" is essential for collecting damages when it comes to intentional infliction of emotional distress.
    McGregor also argues that his actions were "clearly not directed at [Chiesa] at all" -- which the judge should consider in evaluating the "outrageousness" of the incident.
    Conor has publicly acknowledged that his target was Khabib Nurmagomedov -- who was also riding the bus that day.
    Conor had flown into New York from Ireland to attack Khabib after the Russian fighter got into it with one of Conor's friends days before the bus attack.
    In his court docs, McGregor also claims Chiesa has failed to prove that he suffered any real emotional distress from the incident -- noting that he's a "seasoned combat sports fighter" ... and therefore should be used to physical trauma.
    McGregor was arrested for the incident and later pled guilty to disorderly conduct. He was sentenced to 5 days of community service, and ordered to complete an anger management class.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

What a ledge ledge

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

JJayoo wrote: »
    What a ledge ledge

Not sure if it's a double ledge or ledge squared

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Not sure if it's a double ledge or ledge squared

https://youtu.be/bqajg35iwBw

Ledge ledge

Conor has been granted a continuance by the NAC. He won't be at the hearing on Monday nor will anybody from his legal team, he will have his hearing in early 2019 most likely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

I think McGregor's next move might well be trying to Unionise the UFC roster. He's made his money to some extent, and it is the biggest power play he can use right now without even having to fight. If 100 ranked fighters went out on strike it'd be a pretty big deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

I think McGregor's next move might well be trying to Unionise the UFC roster. He's made his money to some extent, and it is the biggest power play he can use right now without even having to fight. If 100 ranked fighters went out on strike it'd be a pretty big deal.

I'd say he wants to fight and try regain a belt. That sort of stuff can be focused on when he retires.

The guy who's being sued by fellow fighters for loss of earnings? I can't see that. He's not very liked by other fighters, be it jealousy or whatever their reasons. I really can't imagine McGregor giving that much of a sh*t about the welfare of the other UFC fighters either. He doesn't even have any team mates on the roster anymore.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Does he know many of the other fighters?

He doesn't rain with any of them and he tends to go to the events in his own transport. It's easy to see why they'd be non plussed about him to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Conor McGregor granted continuance in Nevada Athletic Commission case
    By Marc Raimondi on December 4, 2018 7:48 pm

Conor McGregor will not be in Las Vegas next week as expected.

The UFC star’s legal team asked for and was granted a continuance in his Nevada Athletic Commission (NAC) case in relation to the UFC 229 post-fight brawl, sources told MMA Fighting on Tuesday. Therefore, McGregor will not be at the NAC meeting for a disciplinary hearing Monday, nor will his potential sanction be discussed.

It’s unclear at this time when McGregor’s case will be heard. The commission granting a continuance is a regular occurrence, especially in high-profile cases.

McGregor’s status with the NAC is integral to when he’d be able to return to the UFC. He is facing a suspension and fine from the commission.

As of Tuesday, Khabib Nurmagomedov’s disciplinary hearing remains on for Monday. However, sources said Nurmagomedov is unlikely to be in attendance for the meeting in Las Vegas. Sources said a continuance is still possible, as is some kind of settlement agreement, which has become regular protocol for the NAC over the last year plus.

The commission is currently withholding half of Nurmagomedov’s guaranteed $2 million purse, pending the completion of his case.

Both the UFC stars are facing sanctions as a result of their roles in the UFC 229 post-fight incident Oct. 6 at T-Mobile Arena. Nurmagomedov climbed out of the Octagon following his fourth-round submission victory over Conor McGregor to attack McGregor’s cornerman Dillon Danis after Danis egged him on.

McGregor, meanwhile, climbed to the top of the cage near where the melee had ignited and was met there by Nurmagomedov’s training partner Abubakar Nurmagomedov. McGregor threw a punch at Abubakar Nurmagomedov and a skirmish inside the cage ensued, with Nurmagomedov’s teammates Zubaira Tukhugov and Esedulla Emiragaev entering. Tukhugov and McGregor exchanged punches, while Emiragaev landed a punch on McGregor from behind.

Danis, Tukhugov and Abubakar Nurmagomedov are all currently suspended by the Nevada commission, pending their own disciplinary hearings.

The NAC has been investigating the incident since it happened in October, including the viewing of footage given to the regulatory body by the UFC.

Last month, McGregor and Nurmagomedov had their temporary suspensions extended until their disciplinary hearings. At that meeting, NAC chairman Anthony Marnell III said he expected both McGregor and Nurmagomedov to be in Las Vegas for their hearings in person.

NAC executive director Bob Bennett declined comment on the cases, saying that the agenda with information about next week’s meeting is expected to be posted on the commission website Tuesday night. A call placed to a McGregor representative was not immediately returned to MMA Fighting.

https://www.mmafighting.com/platform/amp/2018/12/4/18126506/conor-mcgregor-granted-continuance-in-nevada-athletic-commission-case

probably waiting to see Khabibs suspension and hoping he be stripped and interm title announced, Conor fight for it more than likely win and back the merry go round of non defending champion

CatFromHue wrote: »
    Does he know many of the other fighters?

He doesn't rain with any of them and he tends to go to the events in his own transport. It's easy to see why they'd be non plussed about him to be honest.

Lol, ya alright there Tony :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

cliggg wrote: »
    Conor has been granted a continuance by the NAC. He won't be at the hearing on Monday nor will anybody from his legal team, he will have his hearing in early 2019 most likely.

FFS, so that means his suspension (if he gets one) won't even begin until then?

At this rate, we'll be lucky to see him fight again before next Autumn :(

FFS, so that means his suspension (if he gets one) won't even begin until then?

At this rate, we'll be lucky to see him fight again before next Autumn :(

He's provisionally suspended now, any suspension will be backdated to the day after the event, which is the day the provisional suspensions were handed out.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,541 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Worst thing about this is we won't be able to get any news on a return as nothing can be booked with this pending. I wonder why he delayed out, just get it over with FFS.

• Advertisement

He seems to be training in SBG Naas the last little while. I wonder is that because it's cheaper to get a taxi to there rather than Concorde :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement