Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 6) *Read Mod Note in Post 1* Revised 13-01-19

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    What's an OctaRing?

Think that was McGregor's way of saying Octogan / Boxing Ring.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,156 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

ricero wrote: »
    Totally agree. McGregor totally was afraid of Khabib.
    Jesus, your trolling is gone downhill. Up your game.
    Eoinbmw wrote: »
    The other member of the conversation and you are still in denial! Get over it McGregor wanted out of there so bad he was praying to be submitted and was trying to calm Khabib down !
    He said it just after round 3, which he won and outstruck Khabib 45-17. I've no idea why people are going on like he said it while Khabib was on top punching the head off him

No idea why some people can't let it go either.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Mellor wrote: »
    He said it just after round 3, which he won and outstruck Khabib 45-17. I've no idea why people are going on like he said it while Khabib was on top punching the head off him

No idea why some people can't let it go either.

The clip doing the rounds starts with Khabib on top and landing on McGregor whilst Khabib says something like "Who's talking now". I think that's from round 2. Then it cuts to that clip when they're in the clinch against the cage. So, the video does make it look like McGregor said it after getting smashed so I can understand why people think that.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭BigMo1

Even putting the tiresome "it's only business" talk aside - the narrative of Conor wanting out doesn't even stand up to the smallest piece of scrutiny. He was being hurt badly with vicious GnP at the end of the second round. If he wanted out of there so badly, he wouldn't have bothered defending and simply shelled up.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,156 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

The clip doing the rounds starts with Khabib on top and landing on McGregor whilst Khabib says something like "Who's talking now". I think that's from round 2. Then it cuts to that clip when they're in the clinch against the cage. So, the video does make it look like McGregor said it after getting smashed so I can understand why people think that.
    If they only seen the clip then sure.
    But I'm assuming everyone here actually watched the fight and remember that part and Herb breaking them up from the 3rd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Conor is currently in Naas court now on speeding fines and other road offences. Its a media circus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

califano wrote: »
    Conor is currently in Naas court now on speeding fines and other road offences. Its a media circus.
    He's dressed for it too, taking it seriously unlike the one in Blanchardstown.

NINTCHDBPICT000452429017.jpg?w=960

• Registered Users Posts: 14,444 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Banned for 6 months and a €1000 fine

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

That Judge is a mentaller, he goes to town on speeders

• Registered Users Posts: 20,631 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

cliggg wrote: »
    He's dressed for it too, taking it seriously unlike the one in Blanchardstown.

NINTCHDBPICT000452429017.jpg?w=960

Never understand people who wear suits without a belt,
    Actually jeans , trousers' , whatever without a belt is madness Connor clearly back on the sauce :pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Great to see and hopefully he will learn his lesson. Idiot driving like that could of easily killed people.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Actually jeans , trousers' , whatever without a belt is madness Connor clearly back on the sauce :pac::pac:

Sure Khabib took it :pac:

His driving ban reminds me of his comments about Jon Jones - just get a driver!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,610 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Good. Im a McGregor fan but the last thing we need is a load of young scumbag McGregor fans thinking speeding is cool.

That Judge is a mentaller, he goes to town on speeders
    I wish we had more judges like this guy. He deserves a driving ban, it's not his first offense.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Maybe he's like me and hates belts :)

In the words of the late great Mitch Hedberg

"My belt holds my pants up, but the belt loops hold my belt up. I don't really know what's happening down there."

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

https://www.thejournal.ie/mcgregor-driving-ban-4364835-Nov2018/
    Garda evidence outlined how the 30-year-old former UFC champion was driving at a speed of 154 km/h in a 100 km/h zone, at Kill, Co Kildare, on 11 October, 2017, at 10.57pm.

Judge Desmond Zaidan said that he is very fortunate that the state did not charge him with dangerous driving or careless driving and that he was treated in the same manner as someone doing 60 km/h in a 50 km/h zone.

Any particular reason why he was treated in the same manner as someone doing 60 in a 50 when he was doing 54 over the limit? Does it often happen or is the answer the obvious one rule for the rich and famous?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Job for one of his lackies driving him around on call 24/7

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Paully D wrote: »
    https://www.thejournal.ie/mcgregor-driving-ban-4364835-Nov2018/

Any particular reason why he was treated in the same manner as someone doing 60 in a 50 when he was doing 54 over the limit? Does it often happen or is the answer the obvious one rule for the rich and famous?

he was treated the same as the rest of us

• Advertisement

Couldn't remember his home address in Kildare to give to the nyard?

At least he was able to remember where his parents live.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

cliggg wrote: »
    I wish we had more judges like this guy. He deserves a driving ban, it's not his first offense.

I don't like this particular judge, he gives this stupid sentences that are disproportionate to the offence and they get reduced on appeal, wasting more court time and taxpayer wedge.
    Also he let off a driver in Donegal that had been caught doing rings in a junction because it was his last case in Donegal. This driver went on to kill 8 people in a crash. But I do take your point that sentences need to be stiffer but also a balance needs to be found.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭4-age

It's a bespoke suit. You don't wear a belt because it's made to fit. That negates the use of a belt, its primary function being to hold your trousers up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

JoeyJJ wrote: »
    Job for one of his lackies driving him around on call 24/7

Keep Charlie paid for a few months anyway.

4-age wrote: »
    It's a bespoke suit. You don't wear a belt because it's made to fit. That negates the use of a belt, its primary function being to hold your trousers up.

No. Even with a tailored suit you wear a belt. Because it looks stupid without it.
    All suits were "bespoke" until relatively recently, belts were always used. Even when people buy a suit of the peg they still get them fitted, if they don't want to look like they're wearing their dads jacket.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

The pants could easily have no belt loops, therefore no belt.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Pretty sure Conor has lost all his belts.

Fromvert wrote: »
    The pants could easily have no belt loops, therefore no belt.

Gross.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

He is getting great use out of these suits anyway.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement