Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Margaret Cash steals €300 worth of clothes from Penneys and aftermath/etc!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

Surprised they did not sue because they were hurted.

Knock it off you have no idea what it is like to be hurted just this week we hear about the man who has been in six car crashes since 2012 can you imagine how bad he was hurted?

People been hurted is not nice but the €40'000 he has received in compo helped a bit boss but still don't be knocking the poor man fell six foot off a ladder and was hurted again

Sure another poor man fell over in a halting site because the ground was a little cracked and he was hurted I am sure the compo helped somewhat but people like you making fun of people getting hurted still makes them feel bad.

Our legal system is doing it's best for all these people that have been and will be hurted but most of these people will never work again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

Knock it off you have no idea what it is like to be hurted just this week we hear about the man who has been in six car crashes since 2012 can you imagine how bad he was hurted?

People been hurted is not nice but the €40'000 he has received in compo helped a bit boss but still don't be knocking the poor man fell six foot off a ladder and was hurted again

Sure another poor man fell over in a halting site because the ground was a little cracked and he was hurted I am sure the compo helped somewhat but people like you making fun of people getting hurted still makes them feel bad.

Our legal system is doing it's best for all these people that have been and will be hurted but most of these people will never work again :D

And what an overwhelming loss to the economy they will be. I suppose the rest of us will just have to struggle on without them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

I hate to be a grammer Nazi but to never work again one would have to have worked before? :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭Quandary

I hate to be a grammer Nazi but to never work again one would have to have worked before? :D:D

s_1FACA745E7A5A03FBF7BCC2AF4856031BAC0AF7B12042E3DC78BDA872B3C6FBC_1448601896772_avoidance.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Ruraldweller56

In fairness you could pick out a lot of stuff from settled people as well

For example:

Or a settled person of a famous variety:

Plus as a settled person I got to be honest no traveller ever did me any harm.
    In fact the majority I ever came into contact with were sound.

However, my fellow own 'non-travellers' / settled people on the other hand..... that is a different story.
    I was pick pocketed by settled people, my house was robbed by settled people.

So obviously from that I should conclude that all settled people are bad, going by the above posters logic?

Pointless whataboutery.

There's always one. At least.

How many pages of discussion regarding travellers ethnic status, living off the taxpayers dollar and all all the while claiming to be victims did you skip through before you arrived at the above conclusion? It's all there if you want to read it.

Absolutely neither here nor there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭boombang

https://extra.ie/2018/11/17/news/irish-news/soccer-referee-attack-on-bail-assault

How widely was the ethnicity of the ref's assailants reported by the mainstream media?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

boombang wrote: »
    https://extra.ie/2018/11/17/news/irish-news/soccer-referee-attack-on-bail-assault

How widely was the ethnicity of the ref's assailants reported by the mainstream media?

I had literally know idea until now. It wasn't mentioned in any media report that i saw on twitter or rte.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭hurler32

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    When you think about it, travellers have a pretty sweet life, no bourgeois headaches like mortgages, college funds, employment insecurity.

The constant moaning about discrimination is a carefully planned strategy to ensure that the life of zero responsibility continues with us picking up the bill.

What a country.

One of the most accurate posts of Travellers and their parasite lifestyle ... many law abiding couples in modest employment would be as well Jack in working , declare themselves travellers and have another 5 kids and get every possible benefit - handout out there ..... have a couple of compo claims and they’ll have a new car on top of a few sun holidays ...
    Definetly more people should look at becoming travellers ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

You can threaten us with the police, we don't give a f**k about the police.

There it is from the horses mouth :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    When you think about it, travellers have a pretty sweet life, no bourgeois headaches like mortgages, college funds, employment insecurity.

The constant moaning about discrimination is a carefully planned strategy to ensure that the life of zero responsibility continues with us picking up the bill.

What a country.

No bin, gas, electricity charges or property tax either.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Ruraldweller56

I often wonder with regard to the whole 'ethnic status' thing. Since they are now regarded as an ethnic minority group (despite the protest in Dublin going ahead where they're looking to be classed as one anyway) if we have say one of these 'ethnic' folk who has 10+ previous convictions for crimes that presumably have been carried out mainly against White Irish settled folk i.e assault, aggravated burglary, theft etc.

Surely the point would have to come where it's being investigated as hate crime? Should it not work both ways? Surely with these rights that being regarded as an ethnic minority entails there must be some responsibility going with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

I often wonder with regard to the whole 'ethnic status' thing. Since they are now regarded as an ethnic minority group (despite the protest in Dublin going ahead where they're looking to be classed as one anyway) if we have say one of these 'ethnic' folk who has 10+ previous convictions for crimes that presumably have been carried out mainly against White Irish settled folk i.e assault, aggravated burglary, theft etc.

Surely the point would have to come where it's being investigated as hate crime? Should it not work both ways? Surely with these rights that being regarded as an ethnic minority entails there must be some responsibility going with it?

Would love to see a case being brought to this effect. Surely, as travellers go around attacking elderly Irish people, this could be classed as racist? If white Irish people got together in gangs and went around targeting elderly Muslim couples, there wouldn’t even be a question about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,682 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

We need to stop calling ourselves "settled people".

We are nornal people.

Travellers are travellers. Travellers who dont live on wheels are settled travellers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

In the temple bar video at about 3.30 a garda kicks a man in the head and hits him across the legs with his asp batton then another garda pushes the first garda out of his way and he starts to hit him then a third garda stops him hitting the man, all this happened when the man was on the ground. Our beautiful police force at its best.
    Yeah they're like the police in the Ukraine. Usually the whinging is about them being too soft - which is it?
    hurler32 wrote: »
    Why are 98% of travellers not working ?? .. plenty of them are fit men ??
    It seems social welfare officers like everybody else are afraid of them ...travellers of course are raping the system with massive families for unlimited benefits unlike the UK where 2 kids is maximum you get paid for . Anyone in modest employment is worse off than travellers who never worked a day in their lives ... maybe we should all become travellers ??
    To be fair, who'd employ them? They are responsible however for not having so many children and for not entering into violent criminality.

No bin, gas, electricity charges or property tax either.

Before Cassy threads like this got closed and people posting the truth got infractions and bans.

I have no time for anybody making excuses for these people none.
    Margret Cash is a huge own goal for the liberals leftards running the country and RTE.
    The media lying about the level of support Cassy had was another massive own goal.

This waste of space Cash has seven kids that WE have paid for people like this should not be allowed to have children they should be taken into care straight away.

The HSE has no problem taken settled peoples children into care.
    Leaving children to be dragged up by scum 98% of whom do not work with massive almost universal criminality is unforgivable.

I am not a hypocrite I won't pretend to give a rats ass about the children my motivation is the suffering settled people including myself have had to suffer.

Nonetheless what I am saying is true and those that say they do care about these people are very dishonest they go on about the low life expectancy high addiction rates and high suicide rates yet you think it is a good idea to fund these people to have massive families?

Any area these people live in quickly degenerates into filth and squalor with NO exceptions and we all know it and without the massive welfare, this corrosive culture would be extinct in less than a generation.

Houses at half a million a pop being built for these people and refused because they don't have accommodation for their illegally held cruelly mistreated animals has woken up a massive segment on the Irish population.

I feel on boards I have to walk on eggshells as a small number of leftist trolls with massive post counts will bait anybody who dares to tell the truth and try to derail threads to get them closed.

Call me a racist call me a bigot as one of these posters called me the other day but people have had enough of this cack.

I like the majority of the country works my ass off and obeys all the laws and I don't have my hand out for welfare and I resent one single cent of my tax going to these people.

Another thing that grinds my gears is people saying oh not another traveller bashing thread, in other words, shut up and don't dare draw attention to this growing massive national ongoing problem.

I was assaulted and told that be due to who they were no action would be taken.

Discriminated against ethnic minority was a sick joke.

Does anyone know if Margaret got her foreva home yet or is she still in a B & B?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,928 ✭✭✭normanoffside

boombang wrote: »

Front page of the Sunday world today.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Does anyone know if Margaret got her foreva home yet or is she still in a B & B?

Maybe the B+B was bought for her,it should have enough rooms anyway.:)

• Advertisement

Front page of the Sunday world today.
    There is a change in the air but the likes of RTE Virgin Media and The Irish Times are lost causes.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,928 ✭✭✭normanoffside

You can threaten us with the police, we don't give a f**k about the police.

There it is from the horses mouth :D:D

They are so far above the law that they have no problem videoing their own criminal behaviour and flaunting it all over the Internet.
    It’s unbelievable at times.

You’d like to think the various police forces are arresting people based on their videos but I doubt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

"I'm sorry" and then goes off playing the blame game.

They are so far above the law that they have no problem videoing their own criminal behaviour and flaunting it all over the Internet.
    It’s unbelievable at times.

You’d like to think the various police forces are arresting people based on their videos but I doubt it.

This went to trial and destroyed this mans life the state will enforce against the plebs.
    A LANDMARK case against a man who admitted creating a Facebook page called “Promote the use of knacker babies as shark bait” has been dismissed by a judge who said there was reasonable doubt about an intent to incite hatred towards members of the Travelling community.

Judge James O’Connor noted that while the comments made on Facebook were “obnoxious and revolting” it appeared that the remarks were a once-off and the man responsible had issued an apology.

In the first Irish case of its kind, Patrick Kissane, of Knockasartnett, Killarney, Co Kerry, appeared before the Killarney District Court yesterday charged with an offence under the Incitement to Hatred Act 1989 after he created the page on the social media site.

dan1895 wrote: »
    "I'm sorry" and then goes off playing the blame game.
    No idea which post you're talking about but people do that all the time - the "I'm sorry" thing is just a figure of speech to open a sentence, it doesn't mean they're literally sorry.

It's a thing I'm not a fan of (but I'll admit to being quite pedantic when it comes to use of language) however it's not literal.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,235 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

That's pretty dishonest. It's a question of numbers. The proportion of criminality among members of the traveller community is much much higher than that of the settled community. It is endemic. It is also far more accepted in the traveller community than it is in the settled community.

The settled community doesn't have an issue with acknowledging/condemning criminality by settled people. It is highly critical of it actually.

The traveller community glosses over it when seeking special treatment and crys discrimination from those who are critical of serious problems that are widespread in traveller society and spill over to settled society.

It is not been dishonest at all no traveller has ever done me any harm, but settled people have.
    Look at the stuff settled people do in Clondalkin...

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/builder-ceases-work-in-dublin-estate-due-to-anti-social-behaviour-884854.html

But there is no major 'Settled People' headline because it is not travellers.
    So when a traveller does commit a crime Traveller xyz is blown up in the headline so further embeds in the public consciousness.

Also are much larger numbers in settled community then the who also suffer from lack of opportunity in education. Who have generations living on social welfare.
    But as the travellers lack education thier groups are rarely articulate enough to properly market themselves and counteract propaganda.

If you contrast this to another minority group LGBT etc the difference could not be more stark. The LGBT community are educated prevalent in the arts, media, government etc.
    They have the power not just to fight an agenda but to create one. The travellers in contrast have no such power even though the numbers of each group are on similar levels.

The likes of traveller boxer Francie Barrett was treated (in a very subtle way) similar to the way then Cassius Clay was treated in Southern America he was returning from the Olympics.
    When Franice Barrett was in the Olympics, I can remember an interview where Marty Morrissey asked his mother something to the effect of 'have you ever got a box from him yourself?'

http://www.anphoblacht.com/contents/4439

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=307107

Until the travellers achieve a similar articulate voice (with weight) in society they are never going to stand a chance against constant hyperbolic anti-traveller vitriol. Where it is seized upon and positive stories are ignored by the media as it does not sell papers/programmes TV3 etc.
    As I said in an earlier post the travellers are largely still stuck in a cultural mindset of 70 years ago, at the pace of technological change alone it is extremely difficult for them not to be even further left behind.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

No idea which post you're talking about but people do that all the time - the "I'm sorry" thing is just a figure of speech to open a sentence, it doesn't mean they're literally sorry.

It's a thing I'm not a fan of (but I'll admit to being quite pedantic when it comes to use of language) however it's not literal.

I meant to quote the poster who mentioned the story of the referee in the Sunday World. Here's a link to the front page.

https://twitter.com/sundayworld/status/1066476839982510081?s=19

This went to trial and destroyed this mans life the state will enforce against the plebs.
    He was an idiot to put it on social media though - talk about playing into the hands of travellers who love saying they're victimised!

It was pretty hateful too - leave the kids out of it.

If he had started a discussion about the issues caused by traveller society, using moderate language (like Casey) and then got the incitement to hatred treatment, I'd have a lot more sympathy.

He was an idiot to put it on social media though - talk about playing into the hands of travellers who love saying they're victimised!

It was pretty hateful too - leave the kids out of it.

If he had started a discussion about the issues caused by traveller society, using moderate language (like Casey) and then got the incitement to hatred treatment, I'd have a lot more sympathy.

I agree he was an idiot and it was also very hateful not trying to defend him.

Yet to see a traveller charged for anything they have put online however different strokes for different folks.

• Advertisement

Until the travellers achieve the same they are never going to stand a chance against constant hyperbolic anti-traveller vitriol. Where it is siezed upon and positive stories are ignored by the media as it does not sell papers/programmes TV3 etc.
    As I said in an earlier post the travellers are largely still stuck in a cultural mindset of 70 years ago, at the pace of technological change alone it is extremely difficult for them not to be even further left behind.

Vitriol you mean calling them out for their actions?:rolleyes:

So it was a common culture 70 years ago to not work not go to school terrorise elderly people in their homes attack innocent people out walking throw rubbish all over the place?

Yeah right.

Get off the stage will you?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement