Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peter Casey believes Travellers should not be recognised as an ethnic minority

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Ah, so talking sh1te in other words

So it’s ok to slander a nation for the actions of a few elites, but woe betide you if you call out the actions of travellers, backed by stats.

What exactly is wrong with “Brits” that we shouldn’t want to be like them?? Any I’ve met have been sound. In fact one of my best mates is a Scottish Protestant from Glasgow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Wheres Me Jumper?

i have just fished my voting card out of the recycle bin. i wasn't going to vote but i now will cast my vote for Michael D.
    i really do not want to be associated with this bigot casey and his fellow rabble.

i think his crass attempt to garner support will backfire.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

The point is that Casey has only made these comments to try and gain extra support in the election, not because he has any genuine interest in this issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

This post has been deleted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 301 ✭✭puppieperson1

go to any crappy housing estate on the north or west of dublin and you'll see apalling animal creulty on an almost daily basis.
    irish people do not have a very good reputation when it comes to animal cruelty you know.

thankfully i dont live in rat infested Dublin and it has as many human rats as animal ones. I live in the wide open space of the country and dont have to pay a fortune to be squashed in ****holes around ****ty people under an illusion of being part of the getting up early brigade who so love themselves they really think they are living the dream. So not so stupid.......they are just paying the pensions of the likes of leo who is soo removed from the people its laughable.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

The point is that Casey has only made these comments to try and gain extra support in the election, not because he has any genuine interest in this issue.

The point is that Casey never even brought the subject up. He was asked a question on the Irish Times (I think) podcast and answered it honestly.

It was Pavee and the media that made a big deal of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

I invite everyone who disagrees with Mr Caseys comments and with the majority of posters on boards.ie to come to my hometown of Thurles for a week and see what we have to put up with in this town. The thefts of bicycles, lawnmowers, mobile phones, burglaries, vandalism, racism against Muslims and POC, threats, intimidation, illegal dumping, animal cruelty and DRUG DEALING.

The McCarthy family mentioned would be one of the quietest and more respectable traveller families in the town to be fair to them. It’s mostly the so called “settled” families housed by the former town council involved in the above. Rhymes with Kylie.

Btw if your from the town I’m sure you’ve heard that 3 landowners (one a very well known businessman in the courts) out that way in Cabra/Cabragh/Ballycuranne area were apparently notified last Friday of a potential CPO of up to 4acres agricultural land. They’ve (TCC) knuckled under by the looks of it.

Ah FFS pandering to the family :mad::mad::mad::mad:

How much more on top of the €1.7 million houses will that cost the taxpayer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

i have just fished my voting card out of the recycle bin. i wasn't going to vote but i now will cast my vote for Michael D.
    i really do not want to be associated with this bigot casey and his fellow rabble.

i think his crass attempt to garner support will backfire.

:pac::rolleyes:

Goldengirl wrote: »

the majority of these knuckle draggers are probably on the rock 'n roll, festering away in some ****ty housing estate, waiting for children's allowance day to buy a few cans of cider.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

Goldengirl wrote: »

Oh ffs.

• Advertisement

The point is that Casey never even brought the subject up. He was asked a question on the Irish Times (I think) podcast and answered it honestly.

It was Pavee and the media that made a big deal of it.

That's your opinion. I have mine.

the majority of these knuckle draggers are probably on the rock 'n roll, festering away in some ****ty housing estate, waiting for children's allowance day to buy a few cans of cider.

Yes, and Pavee Point and you are doing a bang up job defending them.

Anyone with a brain cell can see otherwise thankfully.

That's your opinion. I have mine.

His was actually a fact.

Yes, and Pavee Point and you are doing a bang up job defending them.

Anyone with a brain cell can see otherwise thankfully.

? u making no sense methink:confused:

His was actually a fact.

Wrong yet again.

Wrong yet again.

i wouldn't waste too much time on that fool. not unless gibberish is a speciality of yours...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭Hitman3000

The irony calling everyone who disagrees with you 'knuckle draggers' then using bigot to describe Casey .
    Clearly Casey has rattled some very sensitive souls. Anyway when are you upping sticks to move nearer a halting site? I think I missed your answer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭Hitman3000

Goldengirl wrote:

So much stupidity in a short paragraph. Trumpites lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭7aubzxk43m2sni

Oh ffs.

Seems a bit ridiculous to call such people "Trumpites" but they're not entirely wrong.

Casey has done nothing but throw out some nonsense about his opponents (Michael D's expenditure for example) and scapegoat a community as a major source of problems, and offered absolutely zero in terms of substance or plans for what he might actually do as president to address any issues, let alone the traveler issue.

If Casey's rhetoric around travelers is what convinces you to vote for him, it's hard to believe that you wouldn't have also voted for Trump in the US elections.

i wouldn't waste too much time on that fool. not unless gibberish is a speciality of yours...

I love it when a user has two accounts and they talk to each other - so fun!

• Advertisement

Seems a bit ridiculous to call such people "Trumpites" but they're not entirely wrong.

Casey has done nothing but throw out some nonsense about his opponents (Michael D's expenditure for example) and scapegoat a community as a major source of problems, and offered absolutely zero in terms of substance or plans for what he might actually do as president to address any issues, let alone the traveler issue.

If Casey's rhetoric around travelers is what convinces you to vote for him, it's hard to believe that you wouldn't have also voted for Trump in the US elections.

Well that's where your mindless prejudice falls.

I'd have been Sanders if chosen but Hillary as it was. After 2 x Obama.

Well that's where your mindless prejudice falls.

I'd have been Sanders if chosen but Hillary as it was. After 2 x Obama.

I'm not aiming at you personally and I don't think I'm mindless or prejudiced, I think I've drawn a fairly valid comparison between the two.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,224 ✭✭✭alaimacerc

I'm not aiming at you personally and I don't think I'm mindless or prejudiced, I think I've drawn a fairly valid comparison between the two.

I think Casey's very disclaimers about Trump speaks volumes.

The shabby populist doth protest too much.

I love it when a user has two accounts and they talk to each other - so fun!

What gibberish are you spouting now?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

couldn't agree more.
    if he was in 1930s Germany he would be picking on Jews, 1950s Alabama it would be Blacks. a disgusting attempt at self-promotion. smacks of desperation.

but the AH rabble have taken the bait.

Not a fair comparison actually, the jews and blacks were being persecuted by Nazis and racist Americans.

Casey is saying that travellers are equal to any of the rest of us Irish citizens, and giving them special status is BS.

You see the difference?

Not a fair comparison actually, the jews and blacks were being persecuted by Nazis and racist Americans.

Casey is saying that travellers are equal to any of the rest of us Irish citizens, and giving them special status is BS.

You see the difference?

The point of the comparison is that Casey is pointing at them and saying "Hey look at this blight on society" as a populist move to gain votes, while offering zero in terms of substance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

Or people like you who supports the Green Party,goes for brunch and lives in a house that daddy bought for you in D4.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭tonycascarino

Since the other 5 Presidential candidates love travellers so much, why doesn't someone ask them in their live TV debates if they would allow their sons or daughters to marry a traveller and lets see the answers we would get. I would love if someone called their bluff.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

The point of the comparison is that Casey is pointing at them and saying "Hey look at this blight on society" as a populist move to gain votes, while offering zero in terms of substance.

This is from memory, so forgive me if I'm not 100% accurate here.

Casey was asked about how he stood with the norion that travelling people were granted special status as an ethnic minority.

He said he thought it was BS, and asked how or why fellow Irish people should get special status over others.

Thats the opposite of racism or being a bigot.

The complete opposite.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,354 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Since the other 5 Presidential candidates love travellers so much, why doesn't someone ask them in their live TV debates if they would allow their sons or daughters to marry a traveller and lets see the answers we would get.

Allow? Have i traveled back in time or something?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement