Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Regular Season & Playoffs 2018-19 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,597 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Spurs just played a joint tribute video for Kawhi and Danny Green, the fans chanted Danny's name during the whole thing, then when the lineups were read out they gave a massive cheer for Green and a great round of boos for Kawhi. Don't blame them one bit :p

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Green didn’t quit on them or ask to be traded.

Leonard will be booed all night.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,205 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

DeMar DeRozan with a career first triple double. He definitely set the tone with an aggressive dunk early on. Kawhi got booed hard every single time he had the ball.

Hell of a game though. Cool to hear chants for Lonnie when he got his 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Well that Warriors/Rickets game was strange.

Marv Albert is a fcuking pain in the hole to listen to.
    Warriors let the Rockets back in it when up 20 and Rockets took advantage. Went the whole second half with only one TO which is impressive.
    Shocking call by the refs missing Durant with both feet out of bounds to save a possession.
    Fair play to Harden for the scoring run he's on, forcing OT and then the winner in OT.
    Reggie Miller could do with getting his head out of Harden's arse though, banging on that the last 3pt should have been a 4 point play, the only contact was Harden kicking out at Green to draw contact, technically an offensive foul negating the basket. They are never going to call it but glossing over it is just a bit annoying. Don't think there was hand contact for a foul.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Jumbo2018

kmart6 wrote: »
    Well that Warriors/Rickets game was strange.

Marv Albert is a fcuking pain in the hole to listen to.

Particularly when he disguises himself as Kevin Harlan for the night.

• Advertisement

Houston and Harden are on some run in fairness, even though it's horrible to watch.

GS are f*cking about way too much. If things stay like this and they don't step up a gear mentally they're going to lose in the Play Offs.

Genuinely the worst missed call I've ever seen, with under 30 seconds left in a tied OT game the refs didn't call this as out of bounds.

giphy.gif

Genuinely the worst missed call I've ever seen, with under 30 seconds left in a tied OT game the refs didn't call this as out of bounds.

giphy.gif

It's horrendous, but not the worst call I've ever seen.

Edit: Actually it's worse than I thought on a repeat viewing and though I can't think of a worse call right now I'm sure I can think of worse given time. It's a regular season game though, so not hugely impoertant per se. The only reason I can see the baseline ref not seeing it is if there were players in his field/line of vision but there's 2 other refs FFS and given the court markings there's really no excuse for one of the not to catch this.

The no call on Jay Larranaga in the Euro Qualifiers game v Denmark with the game on the line was pretty bad given the context and consequences (short and long term) for Irish basketball. That for me was one of the worst calls I've ever seen with a game on the line.

https://twitter.com/espn/status/1080560476499705858

:rolleyes:

Don't forget kids:
    When LeBron wins it's 100% down to him; when he loses it's because he had no help.

I prefer this:
    https://www.aol.com/article/news/2019/01/04/danny-ainge-says-lebron-james-is-taking-the-donald-trump-approach-with-his-goat-comments/23633557/

Context - LeBron called himself the GOAT this week btw.
    https://twitter.com/uninterrupted/status/1079526745730998272

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Jumbo2018

If you need to call yourself the GOAT then you're probably not the GOAT.

I don't remember too many other all time greats in any sport saying they were definitely the greatest and one moment made them the greatest.They tend to let other people do the taking for them regarding their greatness.

Lebron James really makes himself hard to ,like he's an all time great player and has done a lot of good things but he comes across as being an unbelievable egomaniac and that everything he says and does is all part of a massive attempt by him to build a narrative about himself and build his business empire.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

Statement win from the Raptors tonight...bring it!

Refs are overthinking everything Harden does now and just awarding FTs for anything, he somehow got 3 shots for this, they reviewed the footage at length and everything.

https://streamable.com/zniun

• Registered Users Posts: 14,406 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Zion Williamson’s 360 dunk last night in the Duke v Clemson match worth a look

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Refs are overthinking everything Harden does now and just awarding FTs for anything, he somehow got 3 shots for this, they reviewed the footage at length and everything.

https://streamable.com/zniun

It's probably a non-shooting foul by the Portland player on Tucker (not Harden). I say probably as you often see that let fly, esp. given the lack of content, intent, context of the possession in the game (1min or so left, Portland up 11) etc. Tucker is the fouled player, not Harden. The contact with Harden is after the whistle (the foul) and incidental. The penalty if given at all should be possession to Houston or if they're in the penalty then FT to Tucker as the fouled player.

How they can adjudge that to the penalty being Harden shooting 3 FTs I don't know. That's piss poor officiating.

I hope they get hammered in the 2minute report for that.

callaway92 wrote: »
    Zion Williamson’s 360 dunk last night in the Duke v Clemson match worth a look

I can't help but fear for this kid's knees, 285lbs and jumping like THAT

giphy.gif

It's probably a non-shooting foul by the Portland player on Tucker (not Harden). I say probably as you often see that let fly, esp. given the lack of content, intent, context of the possession in the game (1min or so left, Portland up 11) etc. Tucker is the fouled player, not Harden. The contact with Harden is after the whistle (the foul) and incidental. The penalty if given at all should be possession to Houston or if they're in the penalty then FT to Tucker as the fouled player.

How they can adjudge that to the penalty being Harden shooting 3 FTs I don't know. That's piss poor officiating.

Yeah at best it's a non-shooting foul on Turner (it's possibly even a moving screen call on Tucker)

Just realised given the score in the last 2mins there'll be no 2minute report.

Hope someone covers this though as a discussion point.

God Rachel Nichols is hard to listen to for more than a few mins at a time when she's on The Jump. That constant over-enthusiam, the way everything is hyped, the everything she says is a question style........depending on the guest I can take it or leave it.

She's been on The Lowe Post a few time and I didn't find her as bad - maybe because she wasn't the host?

Conversely, I like Brian Windhorst on tv, but his podcast is tough to listen to. He's clearly not that interested in doing it judging by his interaction with his producer on every show, and there's a lot of dead air on it. It can be good, but it's not one of my faves. Then when he's on Simmons' pod he's great! Clearly much more comfortable as a guest than the host.

I'm pretty bored right now....:pac:

• Advertisement

Woj reporting that Hoiberg is a serious candidate to take over from Thibs. :eek:

Jesus Christ it’s like the Bulls all over again. :pac:

Paully D wrote: »
    Woj reporting that Hoiberg is a serious candidate to take over from Thibs. :eek:

Jesus Christ it’s like the Bulls all over again. :pac:

The Timberbulls cycle continues.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Hammer the Lakers (- LeBron) and then fire him, strange timing.

Bizarre timing. They’re playing really well since Butler was moved and on both ends of the court and are realisticly in play off contention. Don’t agree with this one on the surface at all. Let it go to the season’s end at this stage for a variety of reasons. Smh.

Every time OKC have a chance to go top/joint top in the West they lose a game they should win, tonight to Washington ffs. This is the 3rd time in the last 3 weeks they could have done this. Very frustrating. Anyway, need to sleep. Night.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Houston ship MCW + cash + two brand new Spalding basketballs and an autographed pair of Harden’s sneakers to Chicago.

Morey’s gearing up for a move.... who will it be I wonder?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,205 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

K.O.Kiki wrote: »

Derrick White has been doing very well in the last week or so. I'll be interested to see how he gets on the rest of the season.

I noticed there's a triple back to back coming up next month for the Spurs, curious to see how that goes.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement