Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Regular Season & Playoffs 2018-19 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Had completely forgotten this but was listening to The Lowe Post Podcast and they were talking about the time when the Nets were about to become the Swamp Dragons. And in a classic NJ move when it went to the NBA vote they (NJ) had the casting vote.....and voted against it. They even had a logo and uniforms drawn up:

swampdragons.jpg&w=1484&op=resize&opt=1&filter=antialias&t=20170517

fb03bba24ec35f2446981c6a31d8c80d.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

LeBron putting pressure on the Lakers front office to bring in Davis and Carmelo, according to The Athletic.

As soon as Davis changed to the same agent as LeBron that deal was as good as done, but Melo would be hilarious entertainment :pac:

https://twitter.com/billoram/status/1075543904257171456?s=21

Paully D wrote: »
    LeBron putting pressure on the Lakers front office to bring in Davis and Carmelo, according to The Athletic.

As soon as Davis changed to the same agent as LeBron that deal was as good as done, but Melo would be hilarious entertainment :pac:

https://twitter.com/billoram/status/1075543904257171456?s=21

Guess LeBron hasn't seen Melo play for the last 2-5 years then? It would be a huge mistake and a sympathy play to take on Melo. There's been lots of criticism of LeBron as GM before in terms of some of his personnel choices, this would likely reignite some of this.

Boston are kinda snookered on Davis as they can't make a trade for him until July but I'm not sure LA have enough assets to make a mid-season trade.

It'd be great for LeBron if it happened as he's never played on a superteam.:rolleyes::pac:

Paul is more than LeBron's agent....LeBron and Klutch are intertwined - some (Bill Simmons and others) have said it's basically an open secret LeBron owns Klutch but the NBA can't prove it (as that would be against the rules until he retires - wait until the day after he retires and he's suddenly a Director of Klutch). I agree LA is likely the landing spot for Davis (I said this on here the day he signed with them) but I wouldn't rule anything out with Davis. Look at what happened with Kawhi ending up in Toronto - no one would have said that in advance of last summer, and everyone who can will make an offer for Davis.

Boton have more to offer than anyone, but equally David could just go for a year and bolt. It will be interesting.

Klutch clients also include Ben Simmons and John Wall btw. I could see Simmons leaving Philly after his rookie deal TBH.

Oh lol.
    The Wizards sign Ron Baker after letting Austin Rivers go. Once again twitter is hilarious on this. Rob Baker for those of you who don’t know is best known as the Knick Anthony Davis posterized and basically messed up his face last year.

Also came out in Open Floor that when the Wizards has the fight in practice this year that guess who started it? Austin Rivers.

A team that had Dwight Howard chose to get rid of Rivers first. That’s all you need to know about Rivers.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Ron Baker is not much more than a bench guy who seems good for morale, the Wizards could use some of that.

Wherever AD decides to go I don't think there's even a slight chance he stays in NO.

• Advertisement

CP3 exits the game after pulling his hamstring, yet another injury. That contract is not looking good.

Had a scary thought last night....what if Golden State picked up Rivers on a minimum (he’s been paid for the year). They need bench players, and it would be a giant troll move. Rivers with a ring. Jesus Christ, I feel ill.

I’d hope the chemistry issues would lead the players to say no, but I’m
    scared now.

CP3 exits the game after pulling his hamstring, yet another injury. That contract is not looking good.

It was a bad contract even if they won it all last year, though for many that would have justified it. It looks very bad now with their regression this year and how it kills their bench.

Had a scary thought last night....what if Golden State picked up Rivers on a minimum (he’s been paid for the year). They need bench players, and it would be a giant troll move. Rivers with a ring. Jesus Christ, I feel ill.

I’d hope the chemistry issues would lead the players to say no, but I’m
    scared now.

Windhorst & Co. talked about Rivers to GS today on his podcast. Pretty much universal dislike across the panel for Rivers (bar one), but they did say that Phoenix were never going to keep him for locker room reasons.

Simmons today talked about the stupidity of Phoenix letting Rivers and Chandler go for nothing when they could have at least used their salaries for trade purposes in prep for next year. Good point in fairness.

Jaysus, report says Chris Paul out for 6-8 weeks. Either James Harden puts up 40+ every single night or they don't make the playoffs.

• Advertisement

Jaysus, report says Chris Paul out for 6-8 weeks. Either James Harden puts up 40+ every single night or they don't make the playoffs.

He could do that and they still might not make it.

Disaster for Houston but they put too many eggs into too few baskets......

Money could end up getting fired, seriously. They’re on track for the worst win regression in NBA history from a 60win team.

After losing 3 out of 4 by 30+ recently San Antonio have won 5 straight by 25+. And this through playing statistically some of the weirdest basketball in the league right now (by that I mean 5 of 2s v 3s, even where they get their 2s from etc.). They are certainly zigging whilst everyone else is zagging.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,958 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Went to Dallas game last night, Doncic is the real deal,he will be the man for a long long time in Dallas I think

• Registered Users Posts: 11,503 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

He could do that and they still might not make it.

Disaster for Houston but they put too many eggs into too few baskets......

Money could end up getting fired, seriously. They’re on track for the worst win regression in NBA history from a 60win team.

Never fear, help has arrived :D:D

Went to Dallas game last night, Doncic is the real deal,he will be the man for a long long time in Dallas I think

The fact that anybody passed on him is outrageous, never mind 3 teams.

Never fear, help has arrived :D:D

Evens he’s cut within 2 weeks of Chris Paul coming back. Not a chance this happens if Paul was healthy.

The fact that anybody passed on him is outrageous, never mind 3 teams.

There’s an awful lot of xenophobic Americans out there who just don’t rate or trust Euroleague players. Some people called it on Doncic early (as in how good he was and would be), but most Americans doubted it. I couldn’t believe anyone would pass on him personally, and I said long before the draft any team that did would regret it. Igor as Suns coach clearly had no power in the decision as he more than anyone would have known how good Doncic was, but again, xenophobia undoubtedly played its part. There have been Euro busts and disappointments sure, but you’d think anyone could have seen it with Doncic given his teenage body of work.

There’ll probably be a bit of an over correction with the next Euro superkidand he’ll be taken too early now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,206 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

After losing 3 out of 4 by 30+ recently San Antonio have won 5 straight by 25+. And this through playing statistically some of the weirdest basketball in the league right now (by that I mean 5 of 2s v 3s, even where they get their 2s from etc.). They are certainly zigging whilst everyone else is zagging.

They're a completely different team compared to when Pau went out. I started watching mid November and those blowout loses were tough to watch. Losing by just a few points is just as frustrating. Then their last 5 wins they've held the opposing team below 100 points and are the best free throw and 3 point shooters in the league with Davis Bertans being first in the league with Rudy Gay not far off (at least at the time of the Rockets game).

They went from having no defence to having some decent defence recently. When they were suffering a string of losses everything was just off. Missing tons of shots, kept dropping the ball and also fouling lots. Only complaint now is they're still getting some fouls. DeRozan missed so many shots in the Rockets game, if you're going to miss shots at least let Davis try for a 3!

Went from being second last in the West to being 7th, currently 9th now. The west is so tight right now though, I'm half expecting to wake up one day and be 12th again.

Just in case you weren't absolutely sure Luka is the best rookie in this class he did this tonight

https://streamable.com/evfrx

Outside of that shot Luka actually had a pretty bad game, shooting 33/29/78, but then I went and checked Trae Young's stats only to see he's shooting 38/25/78 on the entire season :o

Just in case you weren't absolutely sure Luka is the best rookie in this class he did this tonight

https://streamable.com/evfrx

Outside of that shot Luka actually had a pretty bad game, shooting 33/29/78, but then I went and checked Trae Young's stats only to see he's shooting 38/25/78 on the entire season :o

He’s one of those very rare players who can be the best player on the court/have the most impact on a game and only score 6 points. Insanely talented.

• Advertisement

LeBron getting another pass from the NBA on his comments. SMH. The same guy who was heavily involved in criticising Phil Jackson last year for using the word "posse". I'm no Jackson fan but I don't believe he used it the way some people chose to interpret it as.

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1077273153150337026

I doubt any other player would get away with this TBH.

The GOAT himself Austin Rivers has his contract guaranteed to the end of the season with Houston. I can't see him there come Play Offs TBH.

Chris Paul's injury not as bas as first feared apparently and he'll likely be back in 2-4 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

LeBron getting another pass from the NBA on his comments. SMH. The same guy who was heavily involved in criticising Phil Jackson last year for using the word "posse". I'm no Jackson fan but I don't believe he used it the way some people chose to interpret it as.

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1077273153150337026

I doubt any other player would get away with this TBH.

To be really honest, you and every other lebron hater or any politically correct person are really really stretching here to find outrage at something so irrelevant as to what he posted. People would just want to toughen up a little bit and stop trying to cause drama and outrage out of nothing.
    I also believe in free speech and if you get offended then that’s your problem plus Lebron apologized straight away and said he misinterpreted the lyrics, I choose to believe him but others will try and tear him down

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Marley and Marley

To be really honest, you and every other lebron hater or any politically correct person are really really stretching here to find outrage at something so irrelevant as to what he posted. People would just want to toughen up a little bit and stop trying to cause drama and outrage out of nothing.
    I also believe in free speech and if you get offended then that’s your problem plus Lebron apologized straight away and said he misinterpreted the lyrics, I choose to believe him but others will try and tear him down

Why was Lebron himself not so forgiving of Phil Jackson when he used the word "posse" a couple of years .He seemed to think that was a big deal when it was fairly harmless.

If another random NBA player did what Lebron did I have a feeling they would be getting a fine for it.

I don't think ButtersSuki thinks what Lebron did was a big deal more he's pointing out his hypocrisy and the double standard that exists when it comes to how certain players can get away with more than others.

Why was Lebron himself not so forgiving of Phil Jackson when he used the word "posse" a couple of years .He seemed to think that was a big deal when it was fairly harmless.

If another random NBA player did what Lebron did I have a feeling they would be getting a fine for it.

I don't think ButtersSuki thinks what Lebron did was a big deal more he's pointing out his hypocrisy and the double standard that exists when it comes to how certain players can get away with more than others.

Toughen up snowflake and move on, bringing up Phil Jackson to prove a point or is whatever one is trying to prove, that LeBron is an actual human being that can say things you may disagree with or he isn’t perfect and may have judged Jackson too harshly, shocking that someone could behave like this...lol surely no one here has ever done that

Also if another random NBA player posted that, it wouldn’t of even made the news

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Marley and Marley

Toughen up snowflake and move on, bringing up Phil Jackson to prove a point or is whatever one is trying to prove, that LeBron is an actual human being that can say things you may disagree with or he isn’t perfect and may have judged Jackson too harshly, shocking that someone could behave like this...lol surely no one here has ever done that

You obviously didn't read what I wrote.

James has been given a complete pass for this yet he didn't seem to want to give Jackson a pass for what he said.

I never get offended by anything but if you are going to pontificate and complain about stuff that other people say (which Lebron James has done in the past) you better be squeaky clean yourself.

• Advertisement

You obviously didn't read what I wrote.

James has been given a complete pass for this yet he didn't seem to want to give Jackson a pass for what he said.

I never get offended by anything but if you are going to pontificate and complain about stuff that other people say (which Lebron James has done in the past) you better be squeaky clean yourself.

But everyone does, that’s life, Jesus Christ. You can’t expect any human to not say anything just because they may have at one point done something similar
    Also, it’s not James responsibility to make sure he receives the right amount of social outrage or fine or whatever people feel he deserves.
    It just stinks of people wanting to hate LeBron and tear him down

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement