Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where are you right now? Part 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,814 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Ditto here.. In bed listening to 4fm,music is brilliant, I have gotten up twice for coffee and chocolate, house to myself so shower and a bit of housework next on the agenda.. just one more song lol.

I didn't win the millionaire draw, car tax and insurance next week, 2 tyres and service overdue, 2 trips away this month (if its not stormy and I actually get on the flights, anxious already), euro millions better mine tonight or I'll be on Crime Call next month...i could also do some O/T but feic that lol.

Didn't win the millionaire draw either but haven't done euromillions (yet).

I don't want to think about the bills yet but I got a mail from the office yesterday that my mileage expenses have been approved and sent for payment, and they owe me a few other bits too so hopefully that'll be paid before payday which will help.

I'm very tempted to lie here all day and watch telly but there's probably already something wrong with all the curtains still being closed at 2 in the afternoon :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Cooking up heaven in a pot in my kitchen listening to some songs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Chatting my cousin, she’s the most fun person I know. I said to her the other night “new year, new you” because she makes the worst (albeit funniest) decisions ever known to man. She’s like “naw, new year, more fun”
    Mad bitch. She text me there wishing me happy new year and to tell me her mother’s fuming with her, she got ashamed drunk, and finished it off with “the mothers will be locking up their sons”. Now if anyone else said it I wouldn’t be laughing but she’s literally the type I can imagine mothers would lock up their sons for

Managed to get up, had my shower (amazing what a nice hot shower can do), got dressed, and put on the washing.

Still haven't decided anything beyond that though. :D Have about 30 minutes to do on the work laptop but might do that tomorrow when most of the team are back and I can chase on things.

Update to my exciting day - did the Euromillions :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,895 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Off to do the Euromillions !

ETA,
    Snap Kaiser :o

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Off to do the Euromillions !

Lottery.ie is where it's at.. I don't even have to get off the couch! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

I blew my 2019 gambling budget on a millions ticket last night. No more temptation for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,239 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Back home again. Being up way past midnight beginning to take its toll, time for a nap maybe

Little fella bought me one of these for Christmas and so I've been playing with it there now - it's pretty good! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭Edward M

I got an alexa, haven't seen it since Xmas morning?

Edward M wrote: »
    I got an alexa, haven't seen it since Xmas morning?

I was looking at those but the Google Home version might be better for me as I'm pretty much "all in" on their services anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Hotcups

Setting up the new PC (listening to Pulp Fiction album on vinyl) whilst my kids are out

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,194 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Deskside looking at the courses on udemy, they've a sale on atm so thinking I might buy a couple :3

I'm on the couch with tae and chocolate and I'm all alone! :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

On the sofa.

Is it too early for bed?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,293 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    I was looking at those but the Google Home version might be better for me as I'm pretty much "all in" on their services anyway

Me too, sold my soul to Google way back.
    Are these things worth a try? I'm not impressed with Google assistant on my phone, is it different?

On the sofa lazying with a beer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

Finally dressed myself at this late hour. Off to see the new Mary Poppins film at 7. Going back home to Cork tomorrow and I'd much prefer to stay here and hide away from the world.

In my favourite pub.Cocktails.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Shpud2

I’m off now til the 8th! Annual weeks holiday after all the madness!
    I’ve just finished the cleaning. Didn’t do a lot. Waiting for the dogs washing to dry. Just raced over the floors with a Hoover and then mop. Sprayed all the curtains with lenor and water. Disinfected the door handles with zoflora and cleaned the toilets. Quick dusting. Going to light open fire in a while and chill out for the day smelling the sweetpea zoflora, the lenor and the smell of the pine from the toilets. Might do some painting on my days off. We’ll see

I don't mean this to come across as old fashioned but Shoes sounds like she would be the perfect housewife. Like she would be a great person to live with (plus the doggos). I'd love to actually sit down and have a chat with you someday Shoes over a coffee or whatever. Same with many of the posters here. You all come across like great fun and probably have so many stories to tell.

Anyway to update you on my day the doctor on call decided he didn't want to talk about my application for a 2 hour pass so I've to wait until tomorrow. Feeling sad and dissapointed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Shpud2 wrote: »
    I don't mean this to come across as old fashioned but Shoes sounds like she would be the perfect housewife. Like she would be a great person to live with (plus the doggos). I'd love to actually sit down and have a chat with you someday Shoes over a coffee or whatever. Same with many of the posters here. You all come across like great fun and probably have so many stories to tell.

Anyway to update you on my day the doctor on call decided he didn't want to talk about my application for a 2 hour pass so I've to wait until tomorrow. Feeling sad and dissapointed.
    You hurry up and get better and I promise you I’ll come visit you and the dog!
    (I would be an awful wife!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Sirius Boner

Sooo,was debating what I'd do for my child's b'day..I've had enough of other children...
    So a little hol away was on my mind... but timing meant she wouldn't be back until Thurs week... which is waaayy too late for school....
    So.... we're going to Cork for 3 or 4 days this week :)
    All she really wants is a hotel with a pool and a hot-tub...
    She's going to break some poor bastards heart someday :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,260 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Somewhere in the south east watching twinkling lights :)

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Autosport wrote: »
    Somewhere in the south east watching twinkling lights :)

Looking into my eyes ... :eeks:

**Pulling on sunglasses,**

:P

Really couchside with tae & a scone watching Sister Act.

Moved the couch 90 degrees and I can't decide if I prefer it this way! (pic on the right in the attached)

Benefits: I'm left handed and this way I can better laze on the couch and type on the laptop, mess on the phone etc. It's grand for watching the TV in the opposite corner too.

Downside: It makes the room feel a bit smaller and is against the radiator.

What say ye AH? Bad picture attached - not to scale as Doc Brown says but Red = doors, Green = front window, 2 Brown chairs, 1 Couch and the table. Blue - TV :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,892 ✭✭✭gifted

Sooo,was debating what I'd do for my child's b'day..I've had enough of other children...
    So a little hol away was on my mind... but timing meant she wouldn't be back until Thurs week... which is waaayy too late for school....
    So.... we're going to Cork for 3 or 4 days this week :)
    All she really wants is a hotel with a pool and a hot-tub...
    She's going to break some poor bastards heart someday :D

The River Lee hotel..old jurys...on the Western Road......great spot...short walk from the city. I want to go to Cork now lol lol

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,194 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Bedside with a cotton ball larger

In my favourite pub.Cocktails.

What pub is that :pac:?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Folks house, enjoying the open fire, it is fab. Trying not to think about work tomorrow!

gifted wrote: »
    The River Lee hotel..old jurys...on the Western Road......great spot...short walk from the city. I want to go to Cork now lol lol

I'm waiting.. Bring sausage roll s..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,260 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I'm gonna say the left in the pic but then I'm bedazzled by the twinkling lights :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement