Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where are you right now? Part 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

BBFAN wrote: »
    What's blaas?

A floury white bread bap from Waterford, can be either soft or crusty. Best eaten smothered thickly with real butter and a scaldy mug of strong tae :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

branie2 wrote: »
    First or second one?

Second one

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Rubberlegs wrote: »
    A floury white bread bap from Waterford, can be either soft or crusty. Best eaten smothered thickly with real butter and a scaldy mug of strong tae :)

And a bag of tayto

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭BBFAN

Oh I want one now!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

I'm in the bed with my book. This week I haven't done a tap. I've eaten what I want when I want and drank a vineyard of wine. Getting up late, nice walks, nap here and there, lots of chat.
    Its been great! :D

giphy.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Jessie Belle

Brandy and baileys at last call is making me think of all the bad decisions I have ever made.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Lying on sofa thinking of my Nanny on her 2nd Anniversary:

You can shed tears that she is gone

Or you can smile because she has lived.

You can close your eyes and pray that she’ll come back

Or you can open your eyes and see all that she has left.

Your heart can be empty because you can’t see her

Or you can be full of the love you shared

You can turn your back on tomorrow and live yesterday

Or you can be happy for tomorrow, because of yesterday

You can remember her and only that she’s gone

Or you can cherish her memory and let it live on

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Best eaten with Barry's tae I hear :3 :pac:

Lying on my bed thinking I'll go down and make cheese on toast after I finish this beer!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,259 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Bedside :)

Night all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Just washed and jazzed. Couldn't shower for a few days due to illness so feel better now thankfully. There's nothing worse then feeling unwashed and sweaty :(
    Going to have a night cap and then bed, Christmas movie channel is on.

• Advertisement

Brandy and baileys at last call is making me think of all the bad decisions I have ever made.

My favourite Christmas drink is brandy and baileys. Had none this year though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Lying on the couch listening to Spotify. Eternal flame at the moment

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Just washed and jazzed. Couldn't shower for a few days due to illness so feel better now thankfully. There's nothing worse then feeling unwashed and sweaty :(
    Going to have a night cap and then bed, Christmas movie channel is on.

What's the night cap?

What's the night cap?

Can of Bulmers. It's the only thing I have chilled.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Made it out for a few drinks but failed due to tiredness early. Just woke and no idea what to do with myself..

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Fighting with a stove that does not seem to want to stay alight. There was a time when I was king of making fires.
    I seem to have lost my spark.

Mine here needs a good wind to get it going. In certain directions only though ;)

a yawny morning... YOU know! Wind reminding that it is here but is not going to bother us today... Kind wind.. Cats all fed and dropping into satiated sleep.. Made Important Decisions re the contents of the freezer v the time before a shop or delivery... HUGE amounts of food here....so the spare turkey is out to defrost. Breast meat will go back in for Easter, the cats will get the rest over a few days.

Life in an isolated place is about organisation and orderly adaptation rather than impulse! I now have both going on ....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,891 ✭✭✭gifted

BBFAN wrote: »
    What's blaas?

The waterford hurling team....lol lol

I'll get my coat.....

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Awake, surprisingly fresh.

About to watch Match of the Day.

What to have for brekkie, have nowt in the house. anyone want to do a food run?

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭islanderre

Frankfurt airport but at the train station.

Flew back to Frankfurt yesterday on the LATAM 787.... now heading back to Dublin the scenic way.
    1st it's the ICE train to Brussels, then the Eurostar to London, then Aer Lingus to Dublin and finally drive to Galway...

All going well will hit Galway shortly after midnight.....

• Advertisement

Ted_YNWA wrote: »

Hop on over; house full of food here! You are very welcome.... if you can rouse the ferryman!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,096 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Oh I know I used to be a semi frequent contributor to that thread but I feel now I have nothing in the line of positive advice to offer.
    Keep posting Shpud2.....

Busy morning, barber shop, shopping and now home for a Nespresso, mutt was along for the ride so is now snoring.

Early morning walk to visit my deceased grandparents

Ted_YNWA wrote: »

MOTD was cancelled

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭Edward M

Got a nice surprise this morning, brother and wife home from London just came in and about 15 mins later sister from Leeds and hubby arrived in.
    It's mams birthday tomoro and they just came to surprise her, didn't tell any of us here either, so a quick dinner party will now be organised for later today.
    That leaves me and my bro and sis that live here with a mornings work we weren't expecting.
    Should be great craic though, happy out.

Try_harder wrote: »
    MOTD was cancelled

Was on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Try_harder wrote:
    MOTD was cancelled

Edward M wrote:
    Was on here.

I had a word with BBC & got them to show the Liverpool match first.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,259 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Morning all :)

Happy Sunday!!!

Thinking of what my New Years resolutions will be :)

Carside

Hotel sorted, booked for 42 as with ourselves, brats and stragglers that's we came up with in a short time.
    Pikers Lodge in gowna will be party central from 7 pm this evening.
    Think I'll go back to bed now as I might need the rest before what should be a long night.

• Advertisement

Edward M wrote: »
    Hotel sorted, booked for 42 as with ourselves, brats and stragglers that's we came up with in a short time.
    Pikers Lodge in gowna will be party central from 7 pm this evening.
    Think I'll go back to bed now as I might need the rest before what should be a long night.

Rising to the occasion magnificently !

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement