Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where are you right now? Part 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Tired old wan these days... just essentials like lighting the fire, bringing turf in, petting the cats... YOU know! wind is rising and a brisk fresh one it is ..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Sitting bedside thinking how I only have one more week left in Leeds :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Graces7 wrote: »
    a yawny morning... YOU know! Wind reminding that it is here but is not going to bother us today... Kind wind.. Cats all fed and dropping into satiated sleep.. Made Important Decisions re the contents of the freezer v the time before a shop or delivery... HUGE amounts of food here....so the spare turkey is out to defrost. Breast meat will go back in for Easter, the cats will get the rest over a few days.

Life in an isolated place is about organisation and orderly adaptation rather than impulse! I now have both going on ....

Be careful with the turkey Grace's, not sure it's advised to refreeze after defrosting.
    Could be wrong but something in my head says not to do this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,239 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Samsgirl wrote: »
    Be careful with the turkey Grace's, not sure it's advised to refreeze after defrosting.

If it was frozen raw and will be cooked now after thawing it is fine to put some of the cooked turkey meat back in the freezer

Hey been doing this decades.

And this came up on the food/christmas threads and was fine there and often done

Worry not. I only let it thaw enough to take legs, wings and back off. The breasts will still be frozen and straight back in, and the consensus was that it is the actual cooking that matters.

refreezing raw or cooked is fine with care.

• Advertisement

Poochie05 wrote: »
    If it was frozen raw and will be cooked now after thawing it is fine to put some of the cooked turkey meat back in the freezer

The joints etc will be eaten raw by my cats over the next days...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Shpud2

Finally feeling well enough physically and have the freedom to update you on where I am right now. Still in the hospital of course, just out of a grilling with two doctors. I have been sick as a dog all day and self harmed last night so I've had everything I could use to hurt myself taken away, lots of my privileges I've earned are gone and I've probably extended my stay here by a week.
    Still high level risk and will have someone staying beside my bed watching me all night for days to come so yeah I'm an idiot and I now hate this place even more and want to go home. :(

Poochie05 wrote: »

Oh I know that, I do that all the time when batch cooking, I was presuming Graces was fully defrosting and refreezeing without cooking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Shpud2 wrote: »
    Finally feeling well enough physically and have the freedom to update you on where I am right now. Still in the hospital of course, just out of a grilling with two doctors. I have been sick as a dog all day and self harmed last night so I've had everything I could use to hurt myself taken away, lots of my privileges I've earned are gone and I've probably extended my stay here by a week.
    Still high level risk and will have someone staying beside my bed watching me all night for days to come so yeah I'm an idiot and I now hate this place even more and want to go home. :(
    You’re going to get better kiddo. Do you remember how desperate you felt when you went to pieta house, your gp and casualty and nobody listened or tried to help? You’re in the best possible place now and usually, anything that’s worth doing, is extremely difficult but your life is worth it. You are so young, you have a lifetime of good and happy things to look forward to, many planes to watch, many photos to take, a dog to cuddle and take for walks, college, parties and so many good things that are all to come your way. If you had complications after an operation you’d be anxious to get home but understandably wouldn’t be allowed because you wouldn’t be well enough to cope at home. The same goes for your mind. It’s just as real as a broken leg, so treat it. Don’t beat yourself up. Accept the help. Understand that people care, and love you so much that they’d have someone sit next to you all night because you need it the most right now. Privileges that you’ve lost can be earned back, we can’t earn another shpud back if anything were to happen to you. Please be kind to yourself. Remember we are all rooting for you. You have a whole bunch of strangers belting nothing but good vibes towards you. You got this.

Taking 18 six year olds to the cinema as it's youngest minions birthday tomorrow.
    What could possibly go wrong ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Taking 18 six year olds to the cinema as it's youngest minions birthday tomorrow.
    What could possibly go wrong ;)

*passes a valium*

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

You’re going to get better kiddo. Do you remember how desperate you felt when you went to pieta house, your gp and casualty and nobody listened or tried to help? You’re in the best possible place now and usually, anything that’s worth doing, is extremely difficult but your life is worth it. You are so young, you have a lifetime of good and happy things to look forward to, many planes to watch, many photos to take, a dog to cuddle and take for walks, college, parties and so many good things that are all to come your way. If you had complications after an operation you’d be anxious to get home but understandably wouldn’t be allowed because you wouldn’t be well enough to cope at home. The same goes for your mind. It’s just as real as a broken leg, so treat it. Don’t beat yourself up. Accept the help. Understand that people care, and love you so much that they’d have someone sit next to you all night because you need it the most right now. Privileges that you’ve lost can be earned back, we can’t earn another shpud back if anything were to happen to you. Please be kind to yourself. Remember we are all rooting for you. You have a whole bunch of strangers belting nothing but good vibes towards you. You got this.

+1 to all of this. Mind yourself Shpud.

Hairdresser waiting to get my hair dyed. Time for a change!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

This weather has given me a awful headache- going home to bed! No bed in Parents anymore :(

*passes a valium*

In need the full pack of Xanax

I actually feel like crying with frustration right now

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Hugs to everyone.

Shpud - I completely echo what Shoes said. Everyone has your best interest at heart

• Registered Users Posts: 4,239 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Hey Shpud, all the positive vibes I can muster being sent your way!

I am couchside feeling very disoriented, it's dark and have to keep reminding myself what day it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Positivity and full of hope for all of us for the new year.

Shpud, a special mention, you're an important part of this thread. Don't be a stranger. You are cherished.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

In a nice Inn having a beer in front of a turf fire.

Just in from a mission of mercy.. appalling fight between Boycat and stinkertom and they rushed into the old cottage which I can barely enter. Is in a terrible state in there... ejected stinkertom but took me a while to find boycat.. All well but i will have a few bruises later

have to say Boycat was giving as good as he was getting which he never used to do... or maybe he just got cornered. ;) He really is a total wuss for such a huge huge cat.....He is now hiding under my bedclothes! Bleeeeeeess!

bedtime for me; bad patch with the CFS/ME .. "This too shall pass."

• Registered Users Posts: 22,259 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Somewhere looking at an absolutely gorgeous object of my affections :D. Nearly drooling here ;)

Spud and Try Harder sending hugs, positive thoughts and prayers your way :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭Edward M

Drama here, hotel rang back and have staffing problems for tonight, asked if we could go earlier. Panic, but after a few quick phone calls and adjustments party now starts at 4 pm.
    I'm now heading off to bring mam to her hastily and nearly fcuked up surprise 50th.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Autosport wrote: »
    Somewhere looking at an absolutely gorgeous object of my affections :D. Nearly drooling here ;)

Close your mouth, or you'll catch flies.

Watching the new Black Mirror episode.

Edward M wrote: »
    Drama here, hotel rang back and have staffing problems for tonight, asked if we could go earlier. Panic, but after a few quick phone calls and adjustments party now starts at 4 pm.
    I'm now heading off to bring mam to her hastily and nearly fcuked up surprise 50th.

Your mam is very young! For some reason I thought you were in your forties.

I'm stuck to the couch :)

My own bed :)

Try_harder wrote: »
    In my parents house

Come on Munster!
    Come on Arsenal!
    If I was a Liverpool fan I’d be embarrassed if I didn’t win by 2 clear goals...

Well that backfired...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Watching The World is not Enough on RTÉ 1

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,177 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Shpud2 wrote: »

I've nothing to add but echo what Tedo and the others said and wish I could give you big bro hug, sounds like you need one, keep the chin and stay strong.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

Fireside having a beer, very busy weekend overall catching up with friends and family, nice to be at home relaxing now today, plus got the dreaded holiday packing done this morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Sirius Boner

I left 25 mins ago!!

:)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,177 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Is that me or tedo now you're looking at :D :pac:?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement