Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where are you right now? Part 5

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Lying in bed feeling heartbroken. Wrecked but can’t sleep. Not crying but there’s water just running out of my eyes. There is nothing wrong, I’m not even sad. Im probably hormonal. My joints are at me too so maybe the drinking on the meds hasn’t me a bit off. But look. It’s a new day tomorrow. Not even tomorrow, I don’t have to wait that long. Things will be ok

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Shpud2

I'm in bed. I've been up since two. Had a mild meltdown and now the nice nurse is mildly annoyed that I won't go to sleep even though I am struggling to fight the thoughts of self harm and suicide. Strong painkillers have eased the pain but my mental state is keeping me awake and there's nothing that can be done about that.

Sorry for bringing darkness to the thread. I'm just all cried out and need to vent snd day something and you guys are almost like a little family to me sometimes so I feel comfortable saying this stuff here. Sorry if this is too dark for the forum I can stop posting about it if needs be.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,073 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Beachside

About 200 Kms north of where I live

It’s no fun if it’s easy to get to

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

bed. "straight" guys can be fun

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Shpud2 wrote: »
    I'm in bed. I've been up since two. Had a mild meltdown and now the nice nurse is mildly annoyed that I won't go to sleep even though I am struggling to fight the thoughts of self harm and suicide. Strong painkillers have eased the pain but my mental state is keeping me awake and there's nothing that can be done about that.

Sorry for bringing darkness to the thread. I'm just all cried out and need to vent snd day something and you guys are almost like a little family to me sometimes so I feel comfortable saying this stuff here. Sorry if this is too dark for the forum I can stop posting about it if needs be.

hey if it helps, were here

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057564333&page=370

is a good thread

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Lying on the couch downstairs, surfing and playing my Nintendo Switch, waiting for a vomiting bug to hit me.

My dad was sick on Stephen's Day, my mother was sick yesterday, my nephew had it yesterday in the cinema, my niece had it about an hour ago, and I've felt the little bit of nausea in the last 30 minutes that tells me it's coming....

Yay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

In me cot. Not an ounce of sleep to be had.
    Day and night completely mixed up.

Hope your not hit too badly Mr E.
    A can of full fat coke is good, the acid will help kill the bug.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Morning everyone. Little cat is determined to type so blame her for typos..
    Managed to work out what day it is before checking so something brainwise is working ;) Gets complicated at this time of year....

The good news is that when I took the (boxed) wee bird the cat gave me out to the big fuchsia bush, it took off at the speed of light.... Have done this all before but it always thrills me.

Poor cat! Brings me a wee live bird to play with and I go off at him! The gentleness of his mouth that he can carry a bird without damaging it is awesome.

All else is quiet and I am happy with that..

Have a good day whatever that means to you ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭gifted

Cats have great taste in movies :3

Nah, they have purr taste......get it?? Purr =poor...lol lol

I'll get my coat......

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Bus to Dublin Airport. A little bit sad that my time here is over and I feel a bit weepy :(

I know I'll be back in about 7 weeks but it's hard sometimes being away from everyone

back abed after a brief foray to inspect the territory now it is getting light. Soft grey day with not a bit of harm in it and all quiet... fire to light later..Such a life I lead!

Bus to Dublin Airport. A little bit sad that my time here is over and I feel a bit weepy :(

I know I'll be back in about 7 weeks but it's hard sometimes being away from everyone

you are as near as your keyboard...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Lying in bed feeling heartbroken. Wrecked but can’t sleep. Not crying but there’s water just running out of my eyes. There is nothing wrong, I’m not even sad. Im probably hormonal. My joints are at me too so maybe the drinking on the meds hasn’t me a bit off. But look. It’s a new day tomorrow. Not even tomorrow, I don’t have to wait that long. Things will be ok

You've had a terrible shock and run of it, the body is bound to react. Not comparing but the amount of crying I've done this year and especially over the holiday period I'd wonder had a drop left to cry. Some days the tears just flow. I can't say anything only TRY to go easy on yourself which is pretty useless having been told the same thing many times over. I truly hope you feel better soon. x

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Graces7 wrote: »
    you are as near as your keyboard...

True enough. I'll just let myself feel what I feel though, I'll be fine once I get back. My room needs a tidy so I'll put on some music when I get back and do that. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,955 ✭✭✭Sunflower 27

northgirl wrote: »
    You've had a terrible shock and run of it, the body is bound to react. Not comparing but the amount of crying I've done this year and especially over the holiday period I'd wonder had a drop left to cry. Some days the tears just flow. I can't say anything only TRY to go easy on yourself which is pretty useless having been told the same thing many times over. I truly hope you feel better soon. x

It will pass.

Lying in bed just about to get up. A few of these posts have me thinking about the tough times in my life I have weathered and how much stronger I am for them.

Feeling grateful all is good at the moment but I'm not complacent. We all have ups and downs. I think it's all about muddling through the tough times and being grateful to your bones for the good times. Hope those in pain today find it eases a little.

True enough. I'll just let myself feel what I feel though, I'll be fine once I get back. My room needs a tidy so I'll put on some music when I get back and do that. :)

Last time I needed to do a big-ish clean, I put a YouTube hits of the 80s (I'm old!) on. Oh the memories. It was great hearing songs from my childhood. It's funny how the words come back. Was a fun afternoon of nostalgia :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,082 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

I do feel lucky when I read this thread sometimes. No sadness or sickness here.
    I am having breakfast whilst looking at a horse looking at me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭Edward M

I do feel lucky when I read this thread sometimes. No sadness or sickness here.
    I am having breakfast whilst looking at a horse looking at me.

I just gave a horse her breakfast and she was looking at me looking at her as she ate it.
    Oats she had, followed by hay.

• Advertisement

Got up, made a coffee, returned to bed . The plan was to go do a food shop but I put on Netflix and now I've been sucked into a good film. Love days off :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Shpud2

Try_harder wrote: »

Oh I know I used to be a semi frequent contributor to that thread but I feel now I have nothing in the line of positive advice to offer.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Deskside with black coffee, visual studio opening :3

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

gifted wrote: »
    Nah, they have purr taste......get it?? Purr =poor...lol lol

I'll get my coat......

Seeing as you're a fellow corkonion, put that coat away :D :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 JazzJaquzzi

I. Am. Organised. In Well Prepared Street, next to Getting-Shît-Done Alley.

On couch now after getting almost everything ready for moving apartment in a few days. Feels good. I’m normally a minute after the last minute kind of gal. Glad Christmas is over. It’s a stressful/upsetting time for a lot of people.
    Shpud2 wrote: »
    Oh I know I used to be a semi frequent contributor to that thread but I feel now I have nothing in the line of positive advice to offer.

You don’t need to be positive all of the time! Your contributions to these threads are honest, real-life posts, and can help others going through tough times!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭I says

I be a pain in my head from all the sugar loaded stuff I’ve ate over the last few days.
    Roll on tomorrow so I can cure my headache with alcohol.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Back from local parkrun, on couch now with coffee & toasted sandwich.

Auto would have got a great eyeful if she was stalking earlier. I was recreating the I want to Break Free video, was hoovering the place with just a towel around me.

listening to carrots and sprouts bubbling away in the kitchen. veg is enough today. Like summer outside. awesome

• Registered Users Posts: 8,089 ✭✭✭Lavinia

me listening the fight in the apartment above me.. screams and all.. for the last half hour. i just hope noone gets killed in there ..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

In work, I’m actually in great form today. Things always seem worse in the dark, soz for being a moany bitch :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement