Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where are you right now? Part 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

On a plane about to head back to England for another while. Back to reality. Feel better than I did earlier. I will be homesick for a couple of days but once I get back to work I'll be grand.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Lying on my bed watching Indiana Jones and the last crusade.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,864 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Sitting up in bed still exhausted. Ugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Couchside.

Watching my little pony with my niece.

I've been so stuck in my own head recently, this morning having to think one step ahead of a toddler at all times is a welcome relief!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Back bedside again being in the kitchen, Emmerdale was on and Marlon was marrying some wan and she was reading her vows to him and and him to her and being all cringey and lovey dovey and it made me ill 🤮🤢

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,715 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Costa, Boucher Plaza, Belfast (#25)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Back bedside again being in the kitchen, Emmerdale was on and Marlon was marrying some wan and she was reading her vows to him and and him to her and being all cringey and lovey dovey and it made me ill 🤮🤢

Emmerdale would make anyone ill :pac:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Lying in bed online on my iPad and just chilled out. Going swimming later and hopefully meet up with some good friends.

PA 3 shortly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭Edward M

Recliner, new slippers, darts.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Leaving work to go home and clean my house. I’ve loads to do. Want to scrub the mattress as well. Want to wash the rug in the sitting room too I think it’s probably dusty from having the open fire

northgirl wrote: »
    Emmerdale would make anyone ill :pac:

Amen to this 😁
    PA 3 shortly

Are they any good? Don't think I've ever seen them.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Just back from Carlow and it was good to catch up with some relatives that I haven't seen in ages, would have been nicer in better circumstances :)

Amen to this 😁

Are they any good? Don't think I've ever seen them.

I'm enjoying them tbh. Had the house to myself the last week or so, so even though I think I've seen them already I'm able to pay more attention to them.

I'm already wondering what to watch next. Was thinking either The exorcism of Emily Rose or Poltergest; ancient but still freaks me out!

Couchside, movie tae and toast drank, candle lit. Dozy bliss :)

I'm enjoying them tbh. Had the house to myself the last week or so, so even though I think I've seen them already I'm able to pay more attention to them.

I'm already wondering what to watch next. Was thinking either The exorcism of Emily Rose or Poltergest; ancient but still freaks me out!

The exorcism!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

In Parents house waiting for the matches to start.

Come on Munster!
    Come on Arsenal!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭RederthanRed

TG1 wrote: »
    Couchside.

Watching my little pony with my niece.

I've been so stuck in my own head recently, this morning having to think one step ahead of a toddler at all times is a welcome relief!

:)

Nice post TG1 and yer right. The imagination and cheerful innocence of a toddler can be a wonderful distraction from life.
    So long as you can keep it brief and hand them back.

The reality of daily life with (twin) toddlers is a wee tad different. Like, I can fully understand the folk who go down the auld valium, prozac, whiskey, adoption route in the end......

Dylan Moran nailed it when he said "A toddler is really just a miniature drunk".
    He was spot on.
    They run past ya, constantly, with an insatiable, never-ending appetite for pissing you off.

I watched an Attenborough documentary about Lions and there was one clip that summed it up better than any description a human is capable of.
    The female parent lion had gone AWOL, presumable shopping for a few hours.
    So the Daddy lion was left minding the two cubs. And you could see them running rings around him, biting his tail, playing tug of war with strands of his mane, the occasional unfortunate paw in the balls, etc.
    And he just sat there, with an exhausted, when will she get home look on his face.
    Not even a good footie match on the telly to keep his fading spirits up.

I strongly advise young people to watch nature documentaries before having kids.

Anyway..... Where am I right now? Well I'm that knackered lion. Far from feeling like a king of the jungle, but I'll settle for being king of the sitting room at 5.30pm and watching Liverpool's big match.
    Just hoping there's not an unfortunate paw in the balls forthcoming there too ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

resting abed as the rainladen sky darkens into night already. all are settled here, cats fed and bedded down...old ones on my bed, new young ones snug in the kitchen.... knitting ready, book open. Just a quiet winter night... catsnores are my music, and rain on the roof... clock ticking so quietly....occasional gust of wind.. milk tray at my side... simple sheer bliss...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Just paid 7 euro for a chicken wrap. Recession how are ya

• Advertisement

Just paid 7 euro for a chicken wrap. Recession how are ya

It would want to be one fancy chicken wrap for that price! :3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭Edward M

Try_harder wrote: »

Come on Munster!
    Come on Arsenal!

We are in opposition in both Th, loser buys the first round. Great day for TV sport, spurs just lost to wolves, darts was good, I'm getting tired just watching all this.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Try_harder wrote:

Come on Munster! Come on Arsenal!

In a licenced premises in Wexford wanting the same.

Ssshhhh !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

In my parents house

Come on Munster!
    Come on Arsenal!
    If I was a Liverpool fan I’d be embarrassed if I didn’t win by 2 clear goals...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Fighting with a stove that does not seem to want to stay alight. There was a time when I was king of making fires.
    I seem to have lost my spark.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Bedside, watching bf playing 2K

Called out to my folks earlier for a couple of hours, it was just the 3 of us and absolutely lovely. It's like a step back in time, very old fashioned house and contents but spotlessly clean, tiny tv, no dishwasher or tumble drier, stove lighting and so relaxing. We watched the races and my dad was on about the horse he meant to throw a few bob on yesterday but forgot and of course he won well (he always does lol every time he spins that story).

Im going to head out to town, don't really want to but feel I should.. definitely don't want to get ready as happy out here on couch, got a good bit of cleaning done listening to 4fm which has been brilliant all afternoon.. I'm feeling good today but the thought of going back to work is niggling big time.. Hopefully a drink will sort that for an hour or 2..Probably going to jinx myself now but no sign of my toothache today.. Have a good evening lads.

Fighting with a stove that does not seem to want to stay alight. There was a time when I was king of making fires.
    I seem to have lost my spark.

I think it's the weather, mine quenched twice the other day due to a down draught, filled the room with smoke, usually if I open the window it sorts it but not this week, couldn't get it to take off at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

I think it's the weather, mine quenched twice the other day due to a down draught, filled the room with smoke, usually if I open the window it sorts it but not this week, couldn't get it to take off at all.

I am going with the nuclear option.
    Zip firelighters.

• Advertisement

I am going with the nuclear option.
    Zip firelighters.

Those log things are brilliant also.. Im using them all the time now tbh, used to be only in an emergency situation.. Lazy. Lol

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement