Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where are you right now? Part 5

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Shpud2

That is grim Shpud. *hugs*

I am very very scared right now for him and for myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Sirius Boner

Shpud2 wrote: »
    I am very very scared right now for him and for myself.

Shpud, will you tell the staff this please...give yourself all the protection you can

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I hear you, all i can say is you are in the right place as bad as it feels.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

A quiet and peaceful morning out here. The sheer luxury of being able to have a really good chat and more with family in Canada without leaving my bed is something I never take for granted.

Lighting the Christmas Candle today for all here. We observe the Forty Days of Christmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭Edward M

In the kitchen having my tea and toast.
    Off out to do a few chores, both young wans gone back to work, feeling human this morning.
    Be good shpud, sounds harrowing.
    Shoes, hope kid is ok.
    Off out to do a few chores, and because I want to loosen myself out I'm going to have a long walk this morning.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Edward M wrote: »
    In the kitchen having my tea and toast.
    Off out to do a few chores, both young wans gone back to work, feeling human this morning.
    Be good shpud, sounds harrowing.
    Shoes, hope kid is ok.
    Off out to do a few chores, and because I want to loosen myself out I'm going to have a long walk this morning.

Post 5,555 of the 5th wayn thread!.

I'm giddy because I'm finally off work for three days!!

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Back at work,

well working from home. By god I get some load of sh1te work emails, deleted most of them straight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Getting the boots on, for a hill walk with the teenage grandchildren.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,082 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Packing the bag for a mini road trip to a holiday cottage somewhere south of here. The kid wants to bring the sled - just in case...

Drawing breath after a life- saving chase!

Cat ( think it was Smugde) demanded in and had a live bird in his mouth.. when he dropped it, Jacob grabbed it... forced Jacob to drop it, grabbed it and ejected all the cats...

It is alive, lively and not injured. No idea what kind it is but seems young. Small, very slightly curved beak and some mottled colour in its feathers .. could be a wren. Needed to be safe and in the dark so that is where it is... until the cats are in tonight at least.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

Bedside, should get up soon

• Registered Users Posts: 28,741 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Still in bed. Gonna get up and have a shower and put on the washing etc shortly though.

Will probably do an hour on the laptop to catch up with work at some point as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,073 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Camping beside the beach, kinda windy but we are slowly getting drunk.

Love having days off

@sphud, hang in there, I’m still looking forward to having a beer with you

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Hang in there Shpud. We're all rooting for you. x

Couch side. Last day at home. Probably back in the middle of February.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭gifted

I'M BACK.....woke up this morning and no pain...no horsing up any part of a lung...no sweats....and more importantly I was bloody starving.....so dropping hands all over the place to the lovely women in here.....manly shove for the men lol lol

Arrivals, Dublin airport

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

On the couch chilling while the wee one has a nap. Really hoping we've no visitors today. Could not be arsed entertaining people. We had three days in a row visiting and I think it's reasonable to expect some free time just for us over the holidays not having to visit or being visited.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

At home eating lunch. Had a nice morning reading and drinking tea, going to spend my afternoon in the hospital. So bloody stressful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Train home

I'm stuck to the couch wondering what to do. Here are my options;
    Go in to town
    Stay on couch and watch films
    Stay on couch and read
    Stay on couch and stare in to space
    Stay on couch and annoy himself
    Go for long walk

:p

• Advertisement

Went shopping mainly to do returns, was worried that my item for argos was beyond the return date and the place was empty apart from about 3 people so thought my receipt would be scrutinised, all of a sudden WW3 broke out beside me with a customer, entertainment value 10/10 and my job was done swiftly, the eye contact between myself and the assistant spoke volumes lol.. I wouldn't last a minute in retail with the ****e they have to put up with at times.

Go in to town
    Stay on couch and read
    Go for long walk

You could go on a long walk into town and then come back and read Boards while watching something that will annoy himself and then stare into space. Multitasking!

I'm about to hop into the shower :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,252 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Workside

Thank god I'm off the weekend as I'll be spending most of it in Carlow. Uncles burial is tomorrow.

Sorry for your loss Auto x

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭gifted

Autosport wrote: »
    Workside

Thank god I'm off the weekend as I'll be spending most of it in Carlow. Uncles burial is tomorrow.

Condolences Auto, not a weekend to look forward to. Virtual hugs being sent your way.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Go in to town
    Stay on couch and read
    Go for long walk

Stay on couch, staring into space thinking of ways to invent a remote control couch so that you could go into town on that.

Taking a break from work with boards & food.

Autosport wrote: »
    Workside

With you in thought and prayer..

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Go in to town
    Stay on couch and read
    Go for long walk

option 7: go into the kitchen and make us a cupan tae :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

couchside, watching afflicted on Netflix

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Just awake, was home after 4 last night. Child had a convulsion in the hospital last night. It really looked like a full on grand mal seizure. Turns out there was a pretty bad infection. So annoyed with the out of hrs dr. They were called last night at about 8pm. They rang back after 9. Said the child didn’t need to see a dr, as there was no rash and it was most likely the vomiting bug. Just said to give calpol and nurofen and strip down. Nurofen given at 10pm. Temp checked at 10:40 and it was over 40. Purple rash all over the child. Rang the out of hrs dr back and the child’s grandad said to just bring them straight to Midoc and don’t wait an hour for the call back. Was just getting ready to go when the nurse called back, still didn’t want to give an app, said that we were on the way up there now, couldn’t wait, the nurse snapped back we couldn’t go up there now because there was no dr there and she could only give us an appointment for two hours time. That if it was concerning us so much that we needed to go to a paediatric unit a 40 mom drive away.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement