Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where are you right now? Part 5

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,743 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Meanwhile i'm wrapped in a blanket :P

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,582 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

In Los Almendros gay resort in Gran Canaria. Swimming and sunbathing au naturel. :) Bliss!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I’m on the train home. Didn’t ask lady to move earlier. But I kneeled in the empty walk way place and kind of stretched out my back which helped more than sitting would have anyway. There was an elderly man, about 80 years old, sitting on the floor. Can’t understand why Irish rail can’t stick an extra carriage on instead of having frail elderly people sitting on the ground. If that was my parent or grandparent on the ground this morning I’d have lost my sh1t.

Now I’m sitting across from an old man who has just discovered subway. Couldn’t believe it that this morning he got two coffees and 2 cookies for 5 euro. He is thrilled with life. Old people are my favourite people.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Rookie move from the old man, he should have got a melt or meatball sub.

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Rookie move from the old man, he should have got a melt or meatball sub.

Steady on, he could barely cope with a cookie!! 😂

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Deskside. Staying a bit late to try and get my head around some stuff. Or no, like all the stuff! Also driving my friend home at 5pm for a rant!! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Old people are my favourite people.

I know one or two you who might make you change your mind. ;)

Doing the crossword, while the fire lights.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Weatherspoons with friend. Not as awkward as I thought. Still wanna go home tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭Edward M

Watching the news, just had dinner, fish and chips.
    Going to visit a friend shortly who is ill.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,236 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Homeside heading towards bedside and dosed up on medication

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭4Ad

I’m on the train home. Didn’t ask lady to move earlier. But I kneeled in the empty walk way place and kind of stretched out my back which helped more than sitting would have anyway. There was an elderly man, about 80 years old, sitting on the floor. Can’t understand why Irish rail can’t stick an extra carriage on instead of having frail elderly people sitting on the ground. If that was my parent or grandparent on the ground this morning I’d have lost my sh1t.

Now I’m sitting across from an old man who has just discovered subway. Couldn’t believe it that this morning he got two coffees and 2 cookies for 5 euro. He is thrilled with life. Old people are my favourite people.

I was in Dunnes earlier buying coffee when the elderly women struck up a conversation, it started about coffee, went onto insomnia, meds, her family, Christmas, the weather, and back to coffee...twas lovely.

Hope the back gets better Shoes...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,743 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Having a pint, watching pool.. Bit sad today, feckin anniversary season has started, many missed friends the next few months..

Sorry for the late the downer, its nostalgic too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Mookie Blaylock

Sitting in front of a roaring fire and watching rubbish tv with my daughter...look after yourselves

Autosport wrote: »
    Homeside heading towards bedside and dosed up on medication

What's up Auto? You ok? Feel better x

• Registered Users Posts: 22,236 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

northgirl wrote: »
    What's up Auto? You ok? Feel better x

Sore throat, temperature and feeling crappy

Bedside now

Bedside now

:( Sleep as much as you can. x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Cleopatra_

Watching the second season of Making a Murderer. I really need to pee but I'm too lazy to get up. Golden shower anyone? :p

Just in the door and find a remembrance card for my lovely neighbour. It will be the first Christmas her family won't have her. So sad for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

Sitting on the couch wondering where TG4 get all these tasty Gaelgoir beour presenters.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Cleopatra_ wrote: »
    Watching the second season of Making a Murderer. I really need to pee but I'm too lazy to get up. Golden shower anyone? :p

**Adds She-wee to Christmas shopping list**

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Kevin Finnerty

Having a pint, watching pool.. Bit sad today, feckin anniversary season has started, many missed friends the next few months..

Sorry for the late the downer, its nostalgic too.

Why wouldn't you not think of them? That's important too!

Just put my 2 down. Standoff with the 6 year old has me browned off but such is life. I stand by the telling off.
    Gaaah!

In shocking bad form since I came home from work, so much to do and I seem to be getting nothing actually done.. I put all the clothes that were in the bedroom onto the bed this morning so that I'd have to sort and hang them up this evening but I haven't even gone upstairs yet and the teens are due in shortly from training so more dirty clothes and cooking. I'm sick of it.. never ending working, cooking cleaning ffs.. If I don't win the lotto Friday there will be trouble.. 😭

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Room side admiring the cool new mug i got yesterday, it has a black cat on wearing a dickie bow :3 it's the coolest 😁

In shocking bad form since I came home from work, so much to do and I seem to be getting nothing actually done.. I put all the clothes that were in the bedroom onto the bed this morning so that I'd have to sort and hang them up this evening but I haven't even gone upstairs yet and the teens are due in shortly from training so more dirty clothes and cooking. I'm sick of it.. never ending working, cooking cleaning ffs.. If I don't win the lotto Friday there will be trouble.. ��

Those teens should be the ones doing the cooking and cleaning for you !

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Bedside now

Poor auto , I'll send brother tedo up.to ya!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭Edward M

In bed, Mrs working tonight, luckily it's not cold.
    Happy after my visit, friend doing well and in great spirit.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Bed side and currently cursing myself for agreeing to swap a shift. My normal four shifts are tiring, and last time I did five I was exhausted afterwards. The joys of doing 12 hour days.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,035 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Nouakchott Mauritania after a 10 hour slog over Africa........ i haven't being here long enough to call it a s...-hole, but the thought is there.

4* hotel my arse :)

No idea where I shall end up tomorrow.

Bed. Back is totally fücked. It was about 7.5 this morning pain wise, and maybe a 4 on the way home but it’s seized completely and I can’t turn onto my side. On my third Valium since 11 o clock, not helping

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Bedside, just about to get ready for sleep. Drink with the new friend went well, I actually really enjoyed it. Thinking about what I’ll do tomorrow, need to go and do the last of my Christmas shopping I think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Room side admiring the cool new mug i got yesterday, it has a black cat on wearing a dickie bow :3 it's the coolest 😁

Those teens should be the ones doing the cooking and cleaning for you !

Bow ties are cool....

I agree here Duvet. You are doing them no favours by not making them responsible. Get them cooking and cleaning and you have a day off and then get a routine going sharing the load. With my boys we had to work as a team to get through life.

On the flip side, cold comfort I know, but in no time they will be away to college/travel/move in with partners and you will miss catering to them.

Poolside for first time this freaking busy week.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement