Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Boys - Amazon Prime Original - (**Spoilers**) (No Comic Spoilers!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

why the bleedin hell are Comic Spoilers allowed here?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,743 ✭✭✭Doodah7

why the bleedin hell are Comic Spoilers allowed here?

Agreed. Some posters obsessions with comparing every minutiae of the TV series with the comics is extremely wearing and annoying.

In the Game of Thrones forum there were clear distinct threads for the book readers and those that hadn't. It should be the same here.

Also: I don't give a toss about accents good, bad or indifferent either.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭Homelander

Firstly I don't think anyone has been comparing "every minutiae" of the TV show with the comics, though I am open to correction. It's understandable that people would discuss the source material as with any adaption.

Secondly, and I say this as someone who has spoilered my previous posts in relation to the comics, the show has literally gone a 100% different direction from the comics in virtually every aspect imaginable other than the core characters.

Completely different from say, Game of Thrones, which was largely faithful to the books - a lot of what constitutes spoilers from the comics will probably not come to pass in the show nor be entirely relevant as the plot-lines are entirely original.

Anyone who has read the comics will know that they have already established that the show has an entirely different set of rules, and the story arcs are a) nothing to do with the comics and b) set up in such a way that the same end as the comic is impossible in any case.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,483 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I think some of the comic story beats will come to pass in the TV show, particularly around some of the supes and what they may or may not have done in the past (keeping it as vague as possible).

• Registered Users Posts: 33,446 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Homelander wrote: »
    Firstly I don't think anyone has been comparing "every minutiae" of the TV show with the comics, though I am open to correction. It's understandable that people would discuss the source material as with any adaption.

Secondly, and I say this as someone who has spoilered my previous posts in relation to the comics, the show has literally gone a 100% different direction from the comics in virtually every aspect imaginable other than the core characters.

Completely different from say, Game of Thrones, which was largely faithful to the books - a lot of what constitutes spoilers from the comics will probably not come to pass in the show nor be entirely relevant as the plot-lines are entirely original.

Anyone who has read the comics will know that they have already established that the show has an entirely different set of rules, and the story arcs are a) nothing to do with the comics and b) set up in such a way that the same end as the comic is impossible in any case.

Yeah but things like
    Black Noir being a Homelander clone is a huge spoiler which hasn't even been hinted at in the show, and we still don't know if that's the direction they'll take in the show or do something different.

I get they've taken the show in a completely different direction, different characters etc., but there are still some major plot points which still might be based on what happens in the comics. A nod to comic readers and a complete surprise to non-comic readers. For all we know the big cliffhanger at the end of this season might be
    The Boys taking Compound V to go to war with Vought next season with actual superpowers. Might not be a big shocker, but I had no idea before reading this thread that they do take it in the comics and I thought part of the whole point of the show was non-powered people taking on superpowered people.
    But reading this thread has somewhat spoiled that.

But anyway, I'd also agree with a previous poster that I don't care how bad Urban's accent is. To me it's delightfully cheesy and all over the place. I love it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

There's no way the gopro footage from the plane won't be seen again...

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭RickBlaine

When is the new episode usually available on Fridays? If it is shortly after midnight, I might stay up for it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,949 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

RickBlaine wrote: »
    When is the new episode usually available on Fridays? If it is shortly after midnight, I might stay up for it.

Around 2ish I think, I've an hour booked in my calendar tomorrow to watch it, the benefits of working from home :D

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Clareman wrote: »
    Around 2ish I think, I've an hour booked in my calendar tomorrow to watch it, the benefits of working from home :D

Lunch hour of course ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭ilovesmybrick

Episode 8 is just up!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Only comment for this episode is holy f*ck! :eek: :D

• Registered Users Posts: 45,558 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I liked it.
    I didn't expect the Congresswoman to be involved. I knew someone was getting their head popped going into the final ten minutes as we hadn't seen it yet. I find it makes every scene really unnerving as you're expecting it at any moment. I was wondering might it happen while Hughie and Annie were on the bench.

I was glad to see Stormfront get her comeuppance but it's pretty clear she'll be back. Doesn't look like she's related to Homelander after all, so that theory can probably be retired.

The Deep was hilarious in his rant when he didn't get back in. One of his lines had me rolling. Something like, 'I didn't laugh when you told me the stuff about the space spores.'

Maeve was great in this episode. My only real gripe was Homelander came off looking pretty weak. He got put in his place big time.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,949 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

That was great, not only a great finish to the series but a great setup for the new series as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭ManOfMystery

Loved that finale. Tied up a lot of the plot lines really neatly and decent amount of action also.

Didn't see that reveal at the end coming at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭1o059k7ewrqj3n

Stupid question: Stormfromt is dead or can she recover from those injuries? I know they'd kill anyone else but she's a Supe.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭golfball37

Very good. I was just thinking before the end we never found out who was behind episode 7 attack and thought it was a major plot hole.

The politician from Queens the sjw is pure AOC rip off. I liked the fifth avenue comment at start also. It’s realky trying to mirror American politics currently in a satirical way

• Registered Users Posts: 33,446 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Steyr 556 wrote: »
    Stupid question: Stormfromt is dead or can she recover from those injuries? I know they'd kill anyone else but she's a Supe.
    She's still alive. Homelander in the press conference was talking about how she's locked up in a secure facility and will be punished etc..

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,167 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Excellent finale I thought. Solid action and a nice wrap up of most of the threads. Not sure what's next but I'll be looking forward to it.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

Steyr 556 wrote: »

In the comics (and series)
    the character has healing and regenerative powers. No idea if this is slow acting or on a Wolverine type scale, but there's every chance we will see her back. It would be a shame if she didn't reappear as I felt Aya Cash was great in the role and made a huge impact this season

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,167 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

the character has healing and regenerative powers. No idea if this is slow acting or on a Wolverine type scale, but there's every chance we will see her back. It would be a shame if she didn't reappear as I felt Aya Cash was great in the role and made a huge impact this season

Agreed completely.
    It'd be a shame if she weren't to return though in the comics it seems the healing abilities are quite limited with the comic version of Stormfront being unable to regenerate his lost eye and panicking when Butcher throws glass shards in his remaining eye.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,558 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Regarding Stormfront...
    Gecko, the guy Starlight blackmailed early in the season, had the ability to regenerate his limbs when cut off and if I recall correctly he is working for Vought. I could see them using his blood to help her regenerate, assuming she's not able to recover alone from that level of injury.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

How can she deflect bullets and take Homelander's laser to her chest but can be stabbed in the eye? Is it because it's not her skin?

ILikeBoats wrote: »
    How can she deflect bullets and take Homelander's laser to her chest but can be stabbed in the eye? Is it because it's not her skin?
    I think so yes, the skin is invulnerable but like us, her eyes are much softer. I think generally the Supes aren't quite at the level of DC/Marvel where bullets bounce off eyes etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,058 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Great finale to an uneven season. Some of the political commentary was a bit on the nose but It's nice to watch a show that have some hopeful episodes. The Deep was hilarious in that episode but really hasn't had much to do all season.
    Does Maeve have a teleportation device all of a sudden as she was appearing wherever she needed to be all episode. Its been established that she can't fly.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Great finale to an uneven season. Some of the political commentary was a bit on the nose but It's nice to watch a show that have some hopeful episodes. The Deep was hilarious in that episode but really hasn't had much to do all season.
    Does Maeve have a teleportation device all of a sudden as she was appearing wherever she needed to be all episode. Its been established that she can't fly.

I think she can leap very high so probably can cross distances quickly. How she knew where to go I wouldn't surprised she monitors stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

She can move about like the Hulk does: Really big jumps.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,543 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

The fight was the highlight of the episode for me, great season overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,008 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

This is my only gripe with this show, basically you can be pretty sure the entire core cast is safe from being killed off. That aside I really enjoyed season 2. Pity it was only 8 episodes, seems like tv shows are getting shorter and shorter these days. Soon 6 episodes a season will be the norm

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

I found her incredibly irritating but I guess that was the point. Seeing her beat down by Maeve, Starlight and Kimiko was incredibly satisfying.

Just something about her babyish and condescending tone that pissed me off and that was even before the racist reveal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,964 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

The congresswoman didn't really like him in Timeless either.
    :)
    Notice Starlight got her less revealing costume back
    So that leaves 2 slots open now on The Seven and The Deep isn't allowed 1.
    If Hughie friendzoned Starlight, he would've deserved a slap. From Homelander. After he washes his hands, of course.
    Not sure the status of Stormfront since they had to give some cover story, similar to how they didn't really have Translucent in the casket.

Comics spoiler
    Establishing an anti-supe task force and the mention of giving V to people earlier at 5 million a pop could mean we get the Boys from the comics after all

Advertisement