Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas bonus for welfare recipients not only restored but increased

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

Restoring it is a baaaaaad move.

Totally counter to the model off social welfare we need to move to, where the payment is index linked to the to both unemployment rate, and, to a lesser extent to the average wage of the lowest decile.

At the moment, unemployment is low. Jobs are available. Social welfare should be decreased to incentivise the transition from unemployment to employment and increase the supply.
    Similarly, adjust it also with a weak link to average entry wage, to maintain a valid employment incentivising gap.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,634 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

road_high wrote: »
    And Who are the “vulnerable”, exactly? Vulnerable me arse, mustvbe the most overused term used to protect the freeloading sector of society.
    The only vulnerable ones in this state are the low paid in zero hour contracts barely affording their private rented accommodation.

I'd consider that group vulnerable as well. They aren't mutually exclusive. I understand and agree with the anger against the freeloaders, I just don't think they're as common as threads like this make out.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,071 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Totally counter to the model off social welfare we need to move to, where the payment is index linked to the to both unemployment rate, and, to a lesser extent to the average wage of the lowest decile.

At the moment, unemployment is low. Jobs are available. Social welfare should be decreased to incentivise the transition from unemployment to employment and increase the supply.
    Similarly, adjust it also with a weak link to average entry wage, to maintain a valid employment incentivising gap.

yea cant bait a bit of neoclassical theory, supply and demand and blah blah blah....

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭mcko

Look at the front of this mornings Daily Star.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

Not sure what Kate Middleton in the nip has to do with Christmas bonuses ?
    They want hard cash, not that kind of thing.

• Advertisement

Irish daily star😊😊😊

• Registered Users Posts: 17,851 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

Obviously not official confirmation, but I expect it to be fairly accurate. A worker on 50,000 will be getting back less a week than a dole lifer!

And in relation to Japan. They have a world class economy and infrastructure, it’s not far from 2019 and we still have boil notices, raw sewage going straight into the ocean. **** infrastructure, people waiting days on trolleys. Insane national debt. I don’t need to continue, the rest of you live in this country. You know the score... lol when it goes tits up again! LOL!

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/budget-bonanza-to-cut-hated-usc-for-12-million-people-37390023.html

• Registered Users Posts: 20,861 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

You have to consider the requirements of employers. The way that some people are being described here by their neighbours, no employer would touch them with a barge pole. Economists say that 4% to 6% unemployment rate is effectively full employment.

From becoming eligible for the dole at 18, to age 24 the payment is €107.70. That is already a good motivation for those who can work to get a job.

Irish daily star😊😊😊

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭rafatoni

mcko wrote: »
    Look at the front of this mornings Daily Star.

Auld Maggie cash caught robbing 300 quids worth from pennys. Thats her done anyway thank f@@k.

Surely this deserves a thread of its own.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

This is exactly white boards is such a ****ing ****e hole. Old farts complaining about people on the dole

Idbatterim wrote: »
    Obviously not official confirmation, but I expect it to be fairly accurate. A worker on 50,000 will be getting back less a week than a dole lifer!

And in relation to Japan. They have a world class economy and infrastructure, it’s not far from 2019 and we still have boil notices, raw sewage going straight into the ocean. **** infrastructure, people waiting days on trolleys. Insane national debt. I don’t need to continue, the rest of you live in this country. You know the score... lol when it goes tits up again! LOL!

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/budget-bonanza-to-cut-hated-usc-for-12-million-people-37390023.html

Continue anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

To be fair to her, she's only robbing the state back for robbing her :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Bring on the do-gooders...

"Sure she was only clothing the childer...."
    More like going on FB marketplace !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

To be fair japan also has insane national debt but at least they spent theirs on trains etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

I never ever ever understood why on earth you would shoplift from Penny's. The charge is theft, doesn't matter if it's there or Brown Thomas, if your going to do it at least steal something worth while, not 300€s worth of ****e from Penny's FFS.

Oh, and it worked out that she'd be on 100 or so grand a year if she worked, and this pleb is out stealing, what a ****ing parasite. She'd win the Euromillions jackpot and still claim from the state and still ****ing rob. Utter toe rag and the definition the type of person I cannot stand. The worst thing is, there is an army of people just like her, doing the exact same.

Cina wrote: »
    To be fair to her, she's only robbing the state back for robbing her :D
    said in huskey voice

To be fair japan also has insane national debt but at least they spent theirs on trains etc.

A lot of the etc was building nuclear power plants. We would love that here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

A lot of the etc was building nuclear power plants. We would love that here.

Jesus could you imagine. We can't even build a data centre in the middle of nowhere. A nuclear station would shut down the country with the protests.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

You'd want a van to carry out €300 worth of Penney's gear.

You'd want a van to carry out €300 worth of Penney's gear.

A hiace Boss

• Registered Users Posts: 19,404 ✭✭✭✭road_high

I'd consider that group vulnerable as well. They aren't mutually exclusive. I understand and agree with the anger against the freeloaders, I just don't think they're as common as threads like this make out.

They’re in the six figures according to the live register so yea they’re pretty common.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭DubInTheWest

Great news the bonus is being restored, it will help some people out who need it over a time that that can be stressful for some people. I'm just glad it's the lousy Government who's running the country and not the geniuses from boards, if that was the case we might as well just put our thumbs in our mouth and rock back and forth in the corner of somewhere lol

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭November Golf

If we did away with the whole lot of them, what was saved in a year probably wouldn't pay the social welfare bill for a week.

Honestly , at over twenty billion, it would probably be a few hours, if even !

Most of that 20 billion goes on state pensions. Please educate yourself before you comment again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Bring on the do-gooders...

"Sure she was only clothing the childer...."
    More like going on FB marketplace !!

Occupy Dame Street will continue their support

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭November Golf

They’re in the six figures according to the live register so yea they’re pretty common.

Most jobseekers are on the live register for an average of 3 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,950 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Most of that 20 billion goes on state pensions. Please educate yourself before you comment again.

7 billion of it goes on pensions but that includes the old age pension for those lifetime dolers who are now of pension age.
    Many of them live very long lives due to free medical care for years and lots of time off all through their lives to keep themselves in good shape.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

TallGlass wrote: »
    I never ever ever understood why on earth you would shoplift from Penny's. The charge is theft, doesn't matter if it's there or Brown Thomas, if your going to do it at least steal something worth while, not 300€s worth of ****e from Penny's FFS.

"In for a Penneys, in for a pound"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,621 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Ahh lad for feck sake.

Think about it for 5 minutes.

The very most of that no. are different people to The ones 6 months later and on again 6 months later.

Advertisement