Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,806 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

The Tesco lunch meal deal is gone up to 3.99 - outrageous!

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

I have a different TA along the same theme.

How come as a grown man, it's automatically assumed that when I say "I don't want anything for Christmas" that I am only messing?

It genuinely bugs me that if I don't want to partake in Christmas gift buying that I am seen as some sort of grinch. It's not a financial issue with me- I can afford it. The magic of christmas has waned the last couple of years with loved ones passing away etc.

It's different with the GF as I love spoiling her when I can, but surely my family can respect my wishes that I am quite content for them not to spend money on me? Being together as a family in the full of our health is far more important to me.

Fecking materialism :mad:

I won't be buying any presents this year. Utter nonsense.

So stressed already and my only proper winter coat just broke, zip entirely feiced.
    Now on a Friday evening I have to trek out to Mahon to exhange it, I have so much to do already. So overwhelmed and stressed. I'm sick of having to everything alone. I'm quite sad tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,806 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

You can step around a big boulder but it's the stone in your shoe that drives you mad.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

After getting on and on at the teenager to clear out her room and put the rubbish bags in the bin she finally did it today. She triumphantly filled the bin that had been practically empty with bags just after it had been emptied by the binmen :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

I finished something yesterday that i had on the long finger for 2 weeks. the relief was amazing.

Snigger, wet wipe needed?? :cool:

Sorry, gutter humour :D

1.5 hours to drive through 1 street on the way home from Mahon to city centre. The madness of this time of year. Nuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭Harleen Quinzel

Today, I discovered that pina colada bountys exist. But only in Russia :(

I could pay the extortionate prices to get some shipped over, but, effort.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

I bet they have a novichok flavoured Bounty too :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,348 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

Tesco, saying they are lowing prices but failing to tell people they are increasing the prices of other things. Boll*xology at its finest.

Dublin Bus, not having the tag on-tag off system like they have for the luas- and in many other European countries. Im sick and tired of being over charged by a driver that is simply guessing the price and you challenge them about what you have been charged , either after or before , they go on like you are the issue and they direct you to contact them direct. Iv been charged so many different rates in zones outside of the city zone itself, going 3 or 4 stops. How can i be charged the full fare of €2.65 (i think) on my leap card going from the city centre to the suburbs at 20+ stops and then be charged €2.00 going 4 stops?? People going 7 or less stops that tag on as normal, getting charged the full fare are head cases. thats where DB are making a profit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,073 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

You could always inject a pina colada into a Bounty !

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Rogueish

Rubberlegs wrote: »
    That reminds me I had always only bought brown sliced bread, the kids saw white bread as a treat they would get in other people's houses and thought they were deprived:). When the bad snow came earlier in the year all that was available was white pans and ever since the 6 Yr old has refused point blank to eat brown bread. Some dose buying the half pans when no one else really eats it :(

Are you living in my house??

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Prominent_Dawg

When you don’t want to be the one to complain but people just won’t do their ****ing job right

• Registered Users Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

northgirl wrote: »
    1.5 hours to drive through 1 street on the way home from Mahon to city centre. The madness of this time of year. Nuts.

We live near dundrum shopping centre in dublin. Pointless going out in the car from now until January!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

People who moan and groan constantly about the weather. Yes, it was wet and windy; it's Ireland, what do you expect?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,073 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

People who moan and groan constantly about the weather. Yes, it was wet and windy; it's Ireland, what do you expect?

And the amount of people who are not dressed for the weather .Its not like it a new phenomenon that our winter is wet and cold .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Exactly. It's not like we're not used to to it. Put on a proper coat and footwear and you go where you like. And a good hat to keep the bald head warm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

If it was wet and windy in their underwear they would really have something to groan about.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,031 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Modern day parents. If you need Elf on the Shelf to discipline your children this christmas season, then you have messed up in that department somewhere along the way.

A swift 'no' must have gone the way of the dinosaurs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭Harleen Quinzel

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    You could always inject a pina colada into a Bounty !

Genius.
    I’m definitely doing this next time I have a pina colada :D

My annoyance is lack of sleep.
    It feels like I’m moving in slow motion. If someone could wake me in about a week, that would be great :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,294 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

If you need Elf on the Shelf to discipline your children this christmas season, then you have messed up in that department somewhere along the way.

Out of interest how does an elf diiscipline your kids?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,383 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

He's a spy, he goes and tells Santa you've been bold.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,390 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I'm sure I've said it before, but use of the word "female" as a noun. Drives me mental. We're women, not females.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Is it any different to what people have being doing for years “Santa is watching and you’ll be going on the bold list”.. anything that helps is a good thing surely!

TA, I’m all week waiting for the weekend to arrive so I can get out and do something and now i just want to stay in my pajamas all day and shut off the world. Friend just asked to meet me for tea, the cheek of her like! Doesn’t she know I’ll be busy watching TLC all day

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,383 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Is it any different to what people have being doing for years “Santa is watching and you’ll be going on the bold list”.. anything that helps is a good thing surely!

It's scarier to get a "physical" presence there. I think it's the difference between doing what your parents say, and doing it because otherwise you won't get any presents.
    TA, I’m all week waiting for the weekend to arrive so I can get out and do something and now i just want to stay in my pajamas all day and shut off the world. Friend just asked to meet me for tea, the cheek of her like! Doesn’t she know I’ll be busy watching TLC all day

Shocking altogether, how dare she! Invite her over and tell her to bring her pjs, too. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Shocking altogether, how dare she! Invite her over and tell her to bring her pjs, too. :)[/QUOTE]

Is this an open invitation:D:D

An otherwise very articulate young woman was on the radio a minute ago and every time she said "I seen" and "We seen" I died a bit for her. Would some kind person gently correct her so she doesn't let herself down in public like this again.

/end ta.

dubstarr wrote: »
    Is this an open invitation:D:D

You'll have to ask retro:electro. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

People who quote themselves in threads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,079 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

An otherwise very articulate young woman was on the radio a minute ago and every time she said "I seen" and "We seen" I died a bit for her. Would some kind person gently correct her so she doesn't let herself down in public like this again.

/end ta.

I'm afraid that horse has bolted Fuaranach, they are all at it now.

We will just have to admit defeat on that one.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement