Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

The fake Christmas tree shed more than the real one I had the previous Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Bredabe

mikemac2 wrote: »
    I’m supposed to have a professional accounts job.. Yeah I’m an office drone but why do they treat me like a 16 year old?

I have to clock in and clock out each day and also for lunch or if I go offsite. A few times a month I forget and have to get my manager to approve

This morning I was getting emailed over what time I left yesterday. What does it matter?? I get the work done, sometimes I’m early and sometimes I eat lunch at my desk and get no credit for that. Was a slave over year end

Getting emails did I clock out 15 minutes early :rolleyes: I’m not 16 years old

+ They never/rarely mail you to say 'we noticed you worked through lunch/stayed late/worked weekends, thanks' when you did either ta.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

New Home wrote: »

Thanks New Home! I've just posted a thread there asking a couple of questions. But I will still have to do the leg-work myself :(

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Need to buy a car to replace my current one, which is pretty much reaching its use by date.

I'm not really interested in cars - so long as it's "nice and big" and doesn't cost a fortune. God, it's wrecking my head already, and I only started looking a couple of days ago. So much choice, so many questions I can't be bothered to ask, so much doubt, so many dealers.

My son is a qualified mechanic, and he used to do all this running around crap for me, but he lives in Australia now, so I'm on my own for this one :(

Any volunteers out there who would willingly search out and go get me a car?

Not even if you pay me a million.
    Hope to pick up my new car tomorrow but the searching, the visiting the calling and the waiting for not being called back by dealers, insurance and so on have worn me out.

Started visiting dealers last saturday with 3 cars on my list. 1st one was just sold, 2nd one didnt start and the 3rd one the people running the show didnt seem to want to sell anything. i would still be waiting there for some attention.

Just waiting for the call that the car is just not ready yet for tomorrow so i wasted a half day off for picking it up.
    Would make that entire exercise just perfect.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Thanks New Home! I've just posted a thread there asking a couple of questions. But I will still have to do the leg-work myself :(

Uh oh...prepare for loads of budget questions :)

There are loads of diesels in the year range because the entire country was duped into buying diesels. It's only economical for long range driving, not a granny taking a spin to SuperQuinn down the road.

I was very annoyed by the lack of petrol options when I was buying a couple of years ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

Petrol definitely suits your needs, but as Boom_Bap says - you'll have a hard time finding one in the year/budget to suit - hold out though, try find maybe a honda accord or a fsi/tfsi Audi/VW.

Good luck with it, if yo're not into buying cars it must suck, I love it, have bought more cars than any one person ever should.

TA that motoring costs so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    There are loads of diesels in the year range because the entire country was duped into buying diesels. It's only economical for long range driving, not a granny taking a spin to SuperQuinn down the road

I'm a 50 year old man, but have often been accused of driving like a granny :D

That's because I stick to the speed limit and don't drive like a boy-racer.

Actually, that's another TA of mine: being accused of driving like a granny just because I obey the rules of the road :mad:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Boom_Bap wrote: »

I was very annoyed by the lack of petrol options when I was buying a couple of years ago.

Yep, my 3 listed cars were all 3 petrol.
    Ended up with a diesel.

There is just no petrol cars in the age bracket i was looking at. Other than cars i would wear instead of drive. Little ****ty 1 liter cars.

Did a search once for 1 specific model. 99 hits. Filtered on petrol: 1 hit left.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Actually, that's another TA of mine: being accused of driving like a granny just because I obey the rules of the road :mad:

Ditto! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,386 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

My chipped tooth is driving me demented and the first appointment I could get to have it repaired was next Wednesday :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jrop

T A that I'm getting a cold

• Registered Users Posts: 13,386 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Jrop wrote: »
    T A that I'm getting a cold

I have my third one in four months. Seriously hacked off at this stage, I normally get one a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,073 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Dial Hard wrote: »
    My chipped tooth is driving me demented and the first appointment I could get to have it repaired was next Wednesday :mad:

You can get wax strips for braces in a chemist . It stops the braces rubbing the gums . I had a chipped tooth lately and made a little mold from the wax to fit over the chip and changed it daily . It saved me hours of annoyance .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Bredabe

*Why why why oh why, hasn't some pharma invented an all in one, cold remedy/tummy settler/headache/toothache/back pain remedy?

*well I know why, but I'm rattling today from all of the different pills I had to take just to get me back on my feet, as I'm not used to such things I'm not sure that I've not mixed something I shouldn't have.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Bredabe wrote: »
    *Why why why oh why, hasn't some pharma invented an all in one, cold remedy/tummy settler/headache/toothache/back pain remedy?

*well I know why, but I'm rattling today from all of the different pills I had to take just to get me back on my feet, as I'm not used to such things I'm not sure that I've not mixed something I shouldn't have.

Have you ever drank a flat 7-Up?
    Pharma can't compete with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭TheDavester

Fella keeps humming/singing along to the radio to every freaking song on the radio... want to freaking scream at him a la Ned Flanders in the hurricane episode.... his voice is a nasally cultchie one which is even worse

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

I have a blister on my tongue :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,026 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Just back from lunch break.

The shopping centre complex where we are located has a lift going from LG up to level 3. I got on at G, along with a mother and son. The son definitely had the look of a scrote about him (secondary school age yet not in school. hmmm), while his mother probably doesn't know the meaning of a day's work.

Anyway, I was going up to 3, they were going to LG, so their stop was up first. Doors open and despite the mammy saying "don't do it Anto*. Don't act the eejit", son proceeds to press all the floor buttons just as they were leaving. So the lift stopped each time on the way up to mine.

Minor inconvenience but dickish behaviour nonetheless. No manners.

*may or may not have been his name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Burnt my lip at lunch - eejit.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

People who manage to make even the most mundane things a massive drama. Never seem to help themselves either. Pains in hole

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Tried a new primer. Its rubbish. :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Drama and ungrateful people
    TG1 wrote: »
    Tried a new primer. Its rubbish. :(

Whats a primer?
    northgirl wrote: »
    Burnt my lip at lunch - eejit.
    Kitty6277 wrote: »
    I have a blister on my tongue :mad:

I suspose I could kiss it better for ye :pac: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

I suspose I could kiss it better for ye :pac: :pac:

Very kind Seph :p

Got my college timetable, and it’s confusing, lots of classes that don’t start till late in the semester, and ones that change times at different weeks, my poor brain! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jrop

TA that I repeatedly spilled my soup down my jumper while eating lunch. I need a bib at 42 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Whats a primer?

It's pretty much the same as a primer paint except it goes on your face under the layer of foundation... To cover over any cracks, holes etc. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 40,154 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

It's pretty much the same as a primer paint except it goes on your face under the layer of foundation... To cover over any cracks, holes etc. :pac:

Is that not what foundation is supposed to do? so you have foundation for your foundation?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

Is that not what foundation is supposed to do? so you have foundation for your foundation?

I think it's supposed to help the foundation stay on. I couldn't be arsed with it because I'm lazy, when it comes off it's off :p

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I'd say you don't need that primer yolk at all 😚😀

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

This new trend of having prints in your house with innocuous words or statements written on them in fancy writing like “breathe” (thanks for the reminder ?? ) “just go (go where ??) “live and love” (as oppose to die and hate ??) Fcuk off! Does nobody hang nice pictures anymore?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

jk23 wrote: »
    Parents bringing 3 kids into a barbers! Going to be a long wait

Sorry[not sorry]:D:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement