Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Succubus_ wrote: »
    Maggie warned you yesterday, I had to clobber her and now I'll have to clobber you too!

Promises promises..

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭oLoonatic

People who hold their breath and exhale loudly, randomly throughout the day. Especially when they sit infront of you in the office for 8 hours a day and..... i best stop actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

I hate being told : "you can do this for me" instead of being nicely asked: "can you please do this for me?" I've been volunteered to help organise something. Doing so will actually really upset me but the person who "asked" doesn't seem to understand that.

The phrase "as an American" gets on my t1ts.

I'm cold, queasy and dizzy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Sirius Boner

Autosport wrote: »
    Are you sure you're not me :eek: ok I'm not 40 :D People are amazed when I say I don't drink tea or coffee or milk. It's ok variety is the spice of life :)

"But... but...what do you drink"!?!?

That's the normal response I get...same as you ..don't touch milk either

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Rosie Rant wrote: »
    I hate being told : "you can do this for me" instead of being nicely asked: "can you please do this for me?" I've been volunteered to help organise something. Doing so will actually really upset me but the person who "asked" doesn't seem to understand that.

That'd get on my nerves too! :mad: "Funny, I don't remember being asked!"

My other TA is that I sent a Christmas card on the 20th, and they only got it today. In time for next Christmas, I suppose... :/

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Lol , if they're not afraid of the Guards , it's more than a wooden spoon I'd need S

Pitchforks. It's the only way.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,826 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

New Home wrote: »
    Pitchforks. It's the only way.

I may ask if I can borrow one of theirs NH , yep , it's that kind of neighborhood . They've all moved off now !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

My gel nails are at the point where it’s almost time for them to come off. When I was closing the door or the car, it was wet and somehow my fingers slipped off it and my middle finger has been in right pain ever since! Don’t know what I did to it but it’s sore :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Dirty toilet brush left in water-filled sink in work jacks. WTF!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭greencap

I'm off tomorrow.

Just the one day.

And my brain keeps telling me to get ready for tomorrow.

This is my Friday night, and I keep catching myself watching the clock.

stop telling me im in tomorrow brain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Bredabe

greencap wrote: »
    I'm off tomorrow.

Just the one day.

And my brain keeps telling me to get ready for tomorrow.

This is my Friday night, and I keep catching myself watching the clock.

stop telling me im in tomorrow brain.

Ive been struggling with a cheast infection type illness added to this I had 'digestive disorder' all last night and today.

All my brain is saying is, you have to get started on your year end project tomorrow no matter what and then tries to reason with itself as to why I should put it off for another day, rince and repeat all night.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭js35

I turned 40 today depressed to bits anxiety through the roof and I just want to stay in bed and hide all day :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,294 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

I dropped my socks in the toilet

• Registered Users Posts: 6,806 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

js35 wrote: »
    I turned 40 today depressed to bits anxiety through the roof and I just want to stay in bed and hide all day :(

Happy birthday young person!

Life begins at 40 :D

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 6,806 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Pawwed Rig wrote: »

I'm trying to imagine how you'd even do that (and maybe I don't want to know)

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭js35

Happy birthday young person!

Life begins at 40 :D

Thank you :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,294 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

I'm trying to imagine how you'd even do that (and maybe I don't want to know)

Left them on the shelf above cistern with my towel and jocks when I was getting into shower and they rolled off and plop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

js35 wrote: »

Sorry, don't blame you. I'll be there in a few days, going to be a depressing one.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

The 'Peel Here' part of the packet of ham not letting you peel there at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,562 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Husband accused me yesterday of 'using him as an excuse to pre-empt my failure at the gym'. Just because I asked him to leave work 2 minutes early on a Monday so I could get to a new gym class I was thinking of taking. I was so gobsmacked that he would even think that way I couldn't respond for the rest of the car journey. I mean, I am 100% a lazy cow and in all likelihood I will eventually get bored and stop going but the fact that he made it about him was just...........hmm. I don't even know.

• Advertisement

Pawwed Rig wrote: »

Hope it had been flushed before the event...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

The absolute cnut that sits next to me.

No car so offer to help her out. Willing to take help from someone else (who then couldn't offer) but won't from me as she doesn't know me well enough. Give me strength. Bigger eejit I. Won't EVER offer again. Simples :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

Had 39 degree fever all night. I was sweating like a pig and was confused. Apparently I asked himself at some point at night where in New Mexico we are right now.
    I also went to the loo and thought I'm gonna die like Elvis Presley now.

Don't forget your Flu vaccine people, this is the worst I've ever been....

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jrop

TA by the temperature in the office. It's like a Sauna.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Dumb cringey ads on youtube before a video plays.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    The 'Peel Here' part of the packet of ham not letting you peel there at all.

Resealable packs that dont reseal.

Only Lidl and Aldi cheese (gouda, edam, emmertaler) packs do reseal without fail.
    All the others tell lies.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭GBX

inforfun wrote: »
    Resealable packs that dont reseal.

Only Lidl and Aldi cheese (gouda, edam, emmertaler) packs do reseal without fail.
    All the others tell lies.

Resealable packs that you can barely open - ones you'd need to harness to something to get at the product! And when there is a bit of give in the package, it rips opens in such a way its never gonna close properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

Need to buy a car to replace my current one, which is pretty much reaching its use by date.

I'm not really interested in cars - so long as it's "nice and big" and doesn't cost a fortune. God, it's wrecking my head already, and I only started looking a couple of days ago. So much choice, so many questions I can't be bothered to ask, so much doubt, so many dealers.

My son is a qualified mechanic, and he used to do all this running around crap for me, but he lives in Australia now, so I'm on my own for this one :(

Any volunteers out there who would willingly search out and go get me a car?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭mikemac2

I’m supposed to have a professional accounts job.. Yeah I’m an office drone but why do they treat me like a 16 year old?

I have to clock in and clock out each day and also for lunch or if I go offsite. A few times a month I forget and have to get my manager to approve

This morning I was getting emailed over what time I left yesterday. What does it matter?? I get the work done, sometimes I’m early and sometimes I eat lunch at my desk and get no credit for that. Was a slave over year end

Getting emails did I clock out 15 minutes early :rolleyes: I’m not 16 years old

• Advertisement

Need to buy a car to replace my current one, which is pretty much reaching its use by date.

I'm not really interested in cars - so long as it's "nice and big" and doesn't cost a fortune. God, it's wrecking my head already, and I only started looking a couple of days ago. So much choice, so many questions I can't be bothered to ask, so much doubt, so many dealers.

My son is a qualified mechanic, and he used to do all this running around crap for me, but he lives in Australia now, so I'm on my own for this one :(

Any volunteers out there who would willingly search out and go get me a car?

There's a Boards forum for that. :)
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1625

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement