Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Wars: The Mandalorian [** Spoilers **] [Disney+] (US Pace)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,355 ✭✭✭Homelander

The fact that he says they were murdered plain as day goes beyond just saying RIP in all fairness. He could have posted saying he completely disagrees with the verdict and thinks an injustice was done. Fair enough, completely valid opinion.

However publicly stating a man completely exonerated by the courts after a lengthy public trial is a murderer, and then posting photos, one of which is of a convicted paedophile, as if they were some sort of completely innocent victims were selected at random....bit much.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,007 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Since this is 'Merica, no doubt the guy who did the shooting will sue him for calling him a murderer.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Anyone else more than a little disappointed that the very original bump wasn't cos of a trailer?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,914 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Irrespective of his use of the word "murdered", he's not lauding anybody, nor is there any "eulogizing" either. So this tweet isn't some sort of smoking gun in any way and certainly nothing to contrast against Carano's sacking. If Pascal wants to go further with his opinion on the matter then we might have more to consider.

Should he keep his mouth shut? Probably. But then again, I'd be of the opinion that most, if not all, of these celebs should keep off of Twitter completely because due to its limitations, everyone ends up sounding like a twat on it eventually.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,067 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Any previous convictions for the people he killed has absolutely nothing to do with if they were murdered or not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭lapua20grain

How is this shyte anything to do with the Mandolorian?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭Liamalone

This is the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,355 ✭✭✭Homelander

I never said it did, however a court, through a lengthy public process, has absolutely cleared him of any wrong doing according to the laws of the US, let alone murder. They were not murdered. They were killed, lawfully according to the court, as a result of their actions.

So to post pictures of the deceased, claim they were murdered when a court has decided they were not unlawfully killed, let alone murdered, is a step too far, particularly when one of the deceased is a sex offender with convictions for rape of a minor.

This will be the last I post on this thread as obviously there's no sense in bringing this debate onto a Mandalorian thread, but I feel it's ill-advised by Pedro Pascal and not particularly appropriate for him to make such claims.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,067 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

In your defence against me stating that you were trying to link previous and unrelated convictions of the person killed and that that somehow justified their killing, you then state that you didn't say that the previous conviction justified the killing... Then you immediately mention the previous conviction again and use it to justify the killing?!?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,816 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Whatever about Pedro Pascal's political views, please leave yours outside of this thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,813 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

The Ahsoka spinoff has cast an existing animation character

Natasha Liu Bordizzo as Sabine Wren

Ahsoka casting

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Need a Username

What time today will the episodes become available?

EDIT: Never mind. It is there now. I was expecting two episodes.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Season 3? It won't be out this year, you may be thinking of the Boba Fett series and that's coming this season all right. Not sure about times of day Disney+ release things though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

8am for Disney plus stuff usually.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Need a Username

I googled “boba fett boards.ie” and this was the first search result - I saw “Disney Streaming” and and did t notice it was for Mando

• Registered Users Posts: 12,816 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Dropping in on this thread in case there's anybody here who had given up on Book of Boba Fett, the latest episode is pretty much a new episode of The Mandalorian, events from BoBF aren't referenced until the very end. You're going to need to see this before the start of season 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭lapua20grain

Great episode I love the way they show Mandolore and the back story

It was a great episode. The only problem with it is that it was in a different (and very poor) show.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,299 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Christopher Lloyd joins the cast for season 3.

Is Doc Brown helping the Mando go back in time to erase the Book of Boba Fett?

• Advertisement

My first thought was if it was a voice or physical role - cos that's the kinda show it is 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

I reckon he could do a baddie if he wanted.

Season 3 arrives February 2023.

Or should that really be season 3 B since Boba was the real season 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,813 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Or was Boba 2-B?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

2-B R2 not 2-B?

May they can just get rid of the boba episodes that do not have mando or baby yoda in them and just splice them into this i dont think anyone would really miss the boba stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 16,020 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Possible Trek/Wars crossover?

No more of a travesty than pointlessly resurrecting Boba really...

I'd say many here already know them, but the "Pitch Meeting" comedy series had a quite funny episode on The Mandalorian. The series often manages to thread the needle between criticism of a thing, and outright shítting on it.

Baby Yoda Character “Completely Stolen” From ‘Gremlins,’ Says Director Joe Dante

“I think the longevity of [the films] is really key to this one character [Gizmo], who is essentially like a baby,” director Joe Dante recently told the San Francisco Chronicle of the star of his classic Gremlins films. “Which brings me, of course, to the subject of Baby Yoda, who is completely stolen and is just out-and-out copied. Shamelessly, I would think.”

It’s quite a charge, but the two cuddly creatures with extraordinary powers, big eyes and expressive ears do look a lot alike when seen side by side. 

He might have a very valid point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,687 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

But yoda senior was out before gizmo so who’s copying who?

Advertisement