Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v9] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Sparko wrote: »
    Bosco encouraging Mairead and Damo to take the drama off the shop floor - must be the first time that's happened in there!

Haha I laughed at that. The isle in Spar is where everyone airs their dirty laundry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭bubbles o hara

We need to start a 'Free Doug from the garage' petition. The poor fckr has been forced to work every Sunday for months.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

Mairead trusting her ex. The ex that ruined their marriage by being gay!!!

Such a stupid storyline.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

What a waste of an episode. And oh, junior, hello, after probably four months, miraculously okay.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 58 ✭✭2pacshakur

Did Junior cut Orla's hair. Its brutal.

• Advertisement

What a waste of an episode. And oh, junior, hello, after probably four months, miraculously okay.

What happened to this storyline? Didn't Deco's cousin, I forget her name, go abroad to have Orla and Wayne's baby? Or was meant to come back with a story about getting knocked up on holidays?

How much are we supposed to believe Damo would really put up with? By now he should long have told her to take her belongings and her crazy ex husband and just f**k right off. And stay away.

How much are we supposed to believe Damo would really put up with? By now he should long have told her to take her belongings and her crazy ex husband and just f**k right off. And stay away.

Same with Christiano. Just tell them both to f off out of Carrigstown.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,586 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

branie2 wrote: »
    The tables are going to turn next week

I'd say Mairead could see Will battering Cris and still blame Cris and Damo

Same with Christiano. Just tell them both to f off out of Carrigstown.

Cris I can understand, he's terrified of Will and Will has him convinced that he absolutely needs him. But Damien, nah, he's not under any illusions this time!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Christiano is a gobsh*te

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Niall_76

I assume Damo will contact the counsellor and she’ll tell him that Will hit Cristiano.

Still didn’t contact phoebe and who the hell would be humming and hawing over this?

Bloody Renee back.. why the hell should she be upset at hughie selling up?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

Niall_76 wrote: »

Bloody Renee back.. why the hell should she be upset at hughie selling up?
    I was thinking the same, what business is it of hers what Hughie does with HIS pub :confused: Sorry to see her back, she is my least favourite character

jos28 wrote: »
    I was thinking the same, what business is it of hers what Hughie does with HIS pub :confused: Sorry to see her back, she is my least favourite character

Didn't she give the pub to him? Or sell it to him or something.

What happened to this storyline? Didn't Deco's cousin, I forget her name, go abroad to have Orla and Wayne's baby? Or was meant to come back with a story about getting knocked up on holidays?

Yeah haha yet another storyline vanished.
    Didn't sash agree to get pregnant for orla and Wayne? Or similar. She had gone away to America or something, and now once again she's disappeared and they forget about the storyline

In real life she must be off on maternity leave cause she was about seven or eight months pregnant in RL the last time she was shown.

Yeah haha yet another storyline vanished.
    Didn't sash agree to get pregnant for orla and Wayne? Or similar. She had gone away to America or something, and now once again she's disappeared and they forget about the storyline

In real life she must be off on maternity leave cause she was about seven or eight months pregnant in RL the last time she was shown.

Sash went to Prague to have a saviour baby for Junior by Tommy

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Mairead trusting her ex. The ex that ruined their marriage by being gay!!!

Such a stupid storyline.

Just following it on this thread now, it's so boring and repetitive.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,345 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Nest week Will says I'm not gay or bisexual and nothing every happened with Cristiano and Mairead believes him!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Johnny Sausage

Qrt wrote: »
    That’s fairly impressive considering she’s in Armenia.

shes outraged that you would assume she cant be in both places at once

god i dont miss her moany character at all

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭MsWesterosi

The domestic abuse story should be interesting and serious, but it's turning out to be farcical. My main problem - like with so many other FC storylines - is that it came from nowhere. While Will was never a character I particularly liked, he wasn't the worst either.

Since Mairead found out that he was leading a double life and he came clean about his sexuality and settled down with Cristiano, things were pretty much uneventful (nuts, I know, but hey - it is Fair City). Then out of nowhere he starts to change. First, by coming on to Mairead and trying to kiss her, then lying to Phoebe about the kiss and manipulating her, first by trying to turn her against Mairead, and later Damian.

Where this grudge against Damo came from, I have no idea; a few months ago he was doing all the happy couple stuff with Cris, and Mairead was happily with Damian, and Will seemed to have no problem.

Then out of the blue he goes from zero to a hundred and starts being abusive towards Cris - first mentally, then physically, as soon as he returns from Chile.

And then there's Mairead's stubborn refusal to see him as anything other than a saint, when the signs are all there that he's the abuser and the liar respectively - not Cris or Damo.

When Will first arrived in Carrigstown, he was a caring hospice nurse - now they've turned him into a monster without any real explanation as to why. Granted, they did retcon the character a little, by bringing up some story of his dad's homophobia and his own self-loathing growing up in Blanchardstown in the eighties/nineties - which wasn't at all in keeping with the narrative as it was presented originally.

Originally, Will and Mairead were childhood sweethearts from Cashel, whose romance began in the Gaeltacht when both were teenagers. There was no mention of any violent feelings simmering under the surface. Usually, violent characters have form; Will has none. Yeah, he deceived his wife and his boyfriend, but that was more a case of not wanting to admit his sexuality, as he stated over and over again at the time that he loved both Mairead and Cristiano. Sure; he was weak and deceiving, but violent - no.

And don't get me started on feckin Mairead.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭MsWesterosi

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I'd love the pub buyer to be an returning character like Tracy or Yvonne

Tracy was a great character; I'd love if she returned. Or maybe, Charlotte Bishop could be the mystery buyer? Don't know if she's gone for good, or not. It was supposed to be for six months only.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,345 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Maybe the mystery buyer might be Louis Gleeson. Carol needs somebody now to cause a bit of tension.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Wills psychotic behaviour will all be explained away by an up till now unexplained brain injury dating back to the accident.
    He’ll have to be returned to hospital to rectify a clot (or something) will sink into another coma and all will be forgiven.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭gubby

I think, and hope that Jane is the new buyer of the pub???? anyone with me?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 58 ✭✭2pacshakur

gubby wrote: »
    I think, and hope that Jane is the new buyer of the pub???? anyone with me?

She'd get the punters in all right, stunning

Tracy was a great character; I'd love if she returned. Or maybe, Charlotte Bishop could be the mystery buyer? Don't know if she's gone for good, or not. It was supposed to be for six months only.

Charlotte back married to Oisin, they the new owners, I'd love this

• Registered Users Posts: 18,208 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

splinter65 wrote: »
    Wills psychotic behaviour will all be explained away by an up till now unexplained brain injury dating back to the accident.
    He’ll have to be returned to hospital to rectify a clot (or something) will sink into another coma and all will be forgiven.

I nearly forgot all about him having an accident and being in a coma. What happened to him and was this before or after Mairead found out he was gay?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Strazdas wrote: »
    I nearly forgot all about him having an accident and being in a coma. What happened to him and was this before or after Mairead found out he was gay?

Mairead found out he was gay when he came round from the coma.
    Hard otherwise to explain the hysterical Sth American man sobbing at the bedside!!

Strazdas wrote: »

Someone out to kill Robbie hit Will with the car instead, Robbie was living with Damo at the time, was it someone connected to Cathal or Richie?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,208 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Someone out to kill Robbie hit Will with the car instead, Robbie was living with Damo at the time, was it someone connected to Cathal or Richie?

Oh yes, I remember it now. Cristiano was visiting him in hospital and claiming to be his 'friend'......I think it was then that Mairead started to become suspicious

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement