Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Security failings at Dublin Airport

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

For normal people with normal lives on social welfare, a holiday can be very helpful and potentially cost the state even less on medical bills, the idea is to reduce mental health issues.

I’m afraid that ship has already sailed (or that plane has already taxied to the runway if you prefer).

• Registered Users Posts: 15,281 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Legal aid is based on income. He's still entitled to a holiday, no matter how much of a scumbag waste of space this dog really is. Free legal aid isn't exactly what you want representing you in court.

For normal people with normal lives on social welfare, a holiday can be very helpful and potentially cost the state even less on medical bills, the idea is to reduce mental health issues.

Best thing for those people (the long term unemployed just to be clear for iamXavier) would be to take some “time out” (10-15 mins) in a quiet room in the job centre with their jobs centre contact, to discuss how they will become employable (minimum wage being the first step).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Best thing for those people would be to take some “time out” (10-15 mins) in a quiet room in the job centre with their jobs centre contact, to discuss how they will become employable (minimum wage being the first step).

Lol, yea maybe for some, but for the majority of educated people with a good income, a minimum wage job is not a first step at all. The world doesn't work the way you think it does, thankfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,087 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Legal aid is based on income. He's still entitled to a holiday, no matter how much of a scumbag waste of space this dog really is. Free legal aid isn't exactly what you want representing you in court.

Ah spare us the bullshyte.

The sad thing is people with real mental issues are done a disservice by all the chancers claiming this that and the other.

You know what you can do with his holiday entitlement.

This country is gone to the dogs.

Lol, yea maybe for some, but for the majority of educated people with a good income, a minimum wage job is not a first step at all. The world doesn't work the way you think it does, thankfully.

I was talking about the terminally unemployed-like the clown who performed in Dublin airport this morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

After reading the following article, I wonder how secure Dublin Airport really is:-

https://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2018/0927/998359-dublin-airport/

Anyone know how this could be permitted to happen?
    No
    Not a security failing, a thick idiot, a glorious fool, an arse!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

I worked in Dublin airport years ago, and accidentally tried to access a staircase which was actually a fire exit that bypassed security. This was with an access pass which legitimately allowed me both airside and onto the apron (subject to security screening of course).

I can tell you from the volume of the alarms that went off that they take security seriously, and that was 10 years ago.

Regarding free legal aid, if a sitting TD on a huge salary is entitled to it, then so is this moron.

• Administrators Posts: 53,365 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

patrick%20kehoe%20leaving.jpg

He's 23?

Must have had the mother of all paper rounds...

awec wrote: »
    patrick%20kehoe%20leaving.jpg

He's 23?

Must have had the mother of all paper rounds...

cement cut with rat poison will do that to a man

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭jimbobaloobob

Someone earlier mentioned earlier a holiday helps those on welfare with mental health issues (to that efffect)

He must have been going to Amsterdam with yesterday's pay check for some ci gong and Thai chi followed by some refreshing juice bar visit

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

seeing pictures looks like total scumbag its not fail on airport security its the judges fail to put this clown away and make pay for damages.

Last time traveled few months back its like leaving Colombia the amount of searches going trough bags you'd imagine everyone's exporting coke trough Ireland, so no security isn't lax, unless they want to implement special forces to look for muppets like one in the article, then would be different story.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭jimbobaloobob

He conduct in general was erratic. Was he off his tubes?
    If you're arrested do they drink and drug test you? Or do those tests only exist for driving?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,451 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

An interesting specimen being supported by workers.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,233 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Somebody should let Amsterdam know they dodged a bullet...

• Registered Users Posts: 33,920 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

cement cut with rat poison will do that to a man

He should've gone down to the builders' providers and got the proper stuff.

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭italodisco

Just seen it on news sites, a proper little scruff bag. Since Ryanair started flying to Amsterdam all the absolute scruffs have been heading out in their droves, few weeks ago got to witness the que for the Amsterdam flight and it was 90% lads in airmax and Hugo Boss t-shirts with cheap fake gold watches.

Says it all really

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Philipx

For a start I think you need to check the dictionary meaning of "permitted", he was certainly not permitted to do this.

Secondly for me this is the first incident of this type in Dublin airport that I can every remember and the incident was dealt with very quickly by all accounts once he broke through the gate.

When you consider that there is nearly 30 million travelers passing through this airport every year now with little to no security incidents I thing the airport security is doing a a great job.

Unfortunately there will always be a security breech from time to time thanks to human nature but again as stated earlier in this case the security system worked as the person never got any where near the plane.

You may refer to the dictionary yourself:

breech

the part of a cannon behind the bore.
    ARCHAIC
    a person's buttocks.

breach

an act of breaking or failing to observe a law, agreement, or code of conduct.
    "a breach of confidence"
    synonyms: contravention, violation, breaking, non-observance, infringement, transgression, neglect, dereliction; More
    a break in relations.
    "a widening breach between government and Church"
    synonyms: rift, gulf, chasm, division, difference, schism, disunion, estrangement, alienation, discord, dissension, disaffection; More
    a gap in a wall, barrier, or defence, especially one made by an attacking army.
    "a breach in the mountain wall"
    synonyms: break, rupture, split, crack, fracture, rent, rift; More
    verb
    verb: breach; 3rd person present: breaches; past tense: breached; past participle: breached; gerund or present participle: breaching
    make a gap in and break through (a wall, barrier, or defence).
    "the river breached its bank"
    synonyms: break (through), burst (through), rupture, force itself through, split; informalbust
    "the river breached its bank"
    break or fail to observe (a law, agreement, or code of conduct).
    "these outside bodies are bootlegging albums and breaching copyright"
    synonyms: break, contravene, violate, fail to comply with, infringe, transgress against;

Just sayin', like :):):);)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

endacl wrote: »
    Somebody should let Amsterdam know they dodged a bullet...

Amsterdam gets with this guy exactly the kind of people it deserves.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Gravelly wrote: »
    The legal industry looks after it's own like no other industry.

Try getting a solicitor to sue a solicitor some time.

Happens all the time
    CeilingFly wrote: »
    Impossible.

Try calling a solicitor out on something - he/she will get all their legal pals to gang up against you and sue you

Bullcrap

• Registered Users Posts: 40,153 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Try getting a solicitor to sue a solicitor some time.

The law society have a list of solicitors willing to act against other solicitors. you are talking nonsense.

I wish to submit the following into evidence m'lud.
    vicwatson wrote: »
    Happens all the time

Bullcrap
    The law society have a list of solicitors willing to act against other solicitors. you are talking nonsense.

I wish to submit the following into evidence m'lud.

I'm not a member of the legal profession. Do you have anything intelligent to submit into evidence?

I'm not a member of the legal profession. Do you have anything intelligent to submit into evidence?

I like to get down on the same level as my clients, therefore it's idiocy all the way.

I like to get down on the same level as my clients, therefore it's idiocy all the way.

I have no idea who you think your "clients" but they must be pure thick.

I have no idea who you think your "clients" but they must be pure thick.

HINT: You're one.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

CeilingFly wrote: »
    https://www.independent.ie/regionals/enniscorthyguardian/news/young-man-got-violent-with-garda-29352621.html

Same name, same address, same age.

Must be a clone then or possibly you didn't see the article is from 2013

Read a few more posts, and you will see I acknowledged my mistake.

• Advertisement

HINT: You're one.

i would never instruct somebody so stupid.

Advertisement