Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Security failings at Dublin Airport

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

Awful old looking face for the given age.
    Can't be work that is aging him.

Seems his experiences with authority, including today, have all been soft.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,136 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

well you should make sure you are better prepared :)

I'm flying to the US tomorrow. When you're in the preclearance in Dublin the amount of people bitching about it is ridiculous. they're mainly americans though. Most Irish people are aware of the process.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭touts

jmayo wrote: »
    Judges are often deluded individuals working against the best interests of society.

I'd agree with most of what you posted except the deluded bit. I don't think they are deluded at all. I think the justice industry has manoeuvred itself onto a nice little earner where it pays them to keep repeat offenders on the street. If you or I commit a crime we'll almost certainly face jail because the justice industry will take one look at us and realise they are unlikely to make any more money from us so we're jail statistic bait. But lads like this are the gift that keeps on giving to the justice industry. Every conviction is thousands in legal fees on both sides all paid for by the taxpayer.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,185 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

touts wrote: »
    I'd agree with most of what you posted except the deluded bit. I don't think they are deluded at all. I think the justice industry has manoeuvred itself onto a nice little earner where it pays them to keep repeat offenders on the street. If you or I commit a crime we'll almost certainly face jail because the justice industry will take one look at us and realise they are unlikely to make any more money from us so we're jail statistic bait. But lads like this are the gift that keeps on giving to the justice industry. Every conviction is thousands in legal fees on both sides all paid for by the taxpayer.

and how does that benefit the judge who is on a salary?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭touts

He/she wasn't always a judge. They have come up through the justice industry and now it's their turn to keep the wheel turning for those coming up behind them. Plus if they jailed criminals and didn't allow them become repeat offenders there would be less need for trials and therefore less need for judges.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

touts wrote: »
    He wasn't always a judge. They have come up through the justice industry and now it's their turn to keep the wheel turning for those coming up behind them. Plus if they jailed criminals and didn't allow them become repeat offenders there would be less need for trials and therefore less need for judges.

The legal industry looks after it's own like no other industry.

Try getting a solicitor to sue a solicitor some time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭McGrath5

Dressed head to toe in Adidas & Northface clothes, I wouldn't want to see his rights as a social welfare recipient infringed by wearing anything from Pennys or the likes.

McGrath5 wrote: »
    Dressed head to toe in Adidas & Northface clothes, I wouldn't want to see his rights as a social welfare recipient infringed by wearing anything from Pennys or the likes.

I hear the Dutch export business pays well.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,136 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Did anyone find it funny the way RTE made a half arsed job of pixelating half his arse?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Apparently it has a rep for being soft.

I'd say a lot of illicit substances are moved through Dublin airport every year undetected.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Grayson wrote: »
    Did anyone find it funny the way RTE made a half arsed job of pixelating half his arse?
    Thankfully it was the hairy holey bit they got right.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

OSI wrote: »
    Or maybe more people with disabilities travel now that are airports and airlines are making the required accommodations?
    and what do these people with disabilities do outside airports where there are no free wheelchairs with people to push them around? oh yeah, that's right, they use their own wheelchairs. Trust me, this is a scam and a half. A handful of companies are making an absolute killing on this feel-good irreproachable unquestionabe scheme. In any case my post, as I think you knew quite well, was aimed at the fully able bodied people who get to airports unaided and then sit into wheelchairs paid for by their fellow travellers and get wheeled to the gate in the priority lane.

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Thankfully it was the hairy holey bit they got right.

Thought it a sh1te effort

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

A tulip heading to Amsterdam, will probably get a hiding for missing his pickup time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Berserker wrote: »
    How do you know that?

His actions upon missing this flight.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

6th most read article on BBC news website.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-45663321

ToddyDoody wrote: »

It’s good that his idiocy has gone international so foreign people can laugh at him too.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,090 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

and what do these people with disabilities do outside airports where there are no free wheelchairs with people to push them around? oh yeah, that's right, they use their own wheelchairs. Trust me, this is a scam and a half. A handful of companies are making an absolute killing on this feel-good irreproachable unquestionabe scheme. In any case my post, as I think you knew quite well, was aimed at the fully able bodied people who get to airports unaided and then sit into wheelchairs paid for by their fellow travellers and get wheeled to the gate in the priority lane.

Actually two cases I can tell you about this year . My SIL injured her leg falling into a hole in a public park . She was booked to fly to a wedding . Her foot was in a boot and no way could she have walked the long corridor to her gate .
    A friend of mine can walk short distances on her arthritic knee but would struggle in the airport . Neither of them own or need a wheelchair but to be sure of getting to the far distant gates they booked a wheelchair . Neither needed or wanted to be first on or priority anything
    Not all are doing it for the craic

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

I think ryanair and amsterdam both got lucky that this tool managed to be late/f@cked up at ssecurity.
    Total tosser

I think ryanair and amsterdam both got lucky that this tool managed to be late/f@cked up at ssecurity.
    Total tosser

It might have been to the Irish taxpayers advantage if he’d made the flight. I’ve a feeling he’d have done everything possible to get himself in trouble in Amsterdam, and I’d rather their taxpayers had to foot the bill for a few months of incarceration than you and I having to pay some sleazy lawyer here to tell a sob story about his hard upbringing and sick mother so he can walk out of court laughing again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,059 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

ToddyDoody wrote: »

You have to love an article with a sub-head of 'Exposed backside' :pac:

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Not all are doing it for the craic
    I acknowledge that but like all things it's gonna be shamlelessly absued

• Registered Users Posts: 15,339 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

I see he’s from Wexford. Using their dialect, wonder is he a minkie

• Registered Users Posts: 15,339 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

topper75 wrote: »
    Awful old looking face for the given age.
    Can't be work that is aging him.

Seems his experiences with authority, including today, have all been soft.

The premature aging could be caused by prolonged use of sh1te drugs cut with cement/rat poison

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Different person!

https://www.independent.ie/regionals/enniscorthyguardian/news/young-man-got-violent-with-garda-29352621.html

Same name, same address, same age.

Must be a clone then or possibly you didn't see the article is from 2013

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

Gravelly wrote: »
    It might have been to the Irish taxpayers advantage if he’d made the flight. I’ve a feeling he’d have done everything possible to get himself in trouble in Amsterdam, and I’d rather their taxpayers had to foot the bill for a few months of incarceration than you and I having to pay some sleazy lawyer here to tell a sob story about his hard upbringing and sick mother so he can walk out of court laughing again.

M'lord my client was anxious to get to Amsterdam as he had a job interview lined up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

GoneHome wrote: »
    He was given free legal aid and he about to set off on his holliers to Amsterdam, 'tis a great wee country lads

Unemployed but going on holiday. I can only assume he saved a decent wedge before he lost his job to afford junkets across Europe.

Legal aid is based on income. He's still entitled to a holiday, no matter how much of a scumbag waste of space this dog really is. Free legal aid isn't exactly what you want representing you in court.

For normal people with normal lives on social welfare, a holiday can be very helpful and potentially cost the state even less on medical bills, the idea is to reduce mental health issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

Legal aid is based on income. He's still entitled to a holiday, no matter how much of a scumbag waste of space this dog really is. Free legal aid isn't exactly what you want representing you in court.

For normal people with normal lives on social welfare, a holiday can be very helpful and potentially cost the state even less on medical bills, the idea is to reduce mental health issues.
    Normal people who pay tax may not agree with this ****e

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

Gravelly wrote: »
    The legal industry looks after it's own like no other industry.

Try getting a solicitor to sue a solicitor some time.

Impossible.

Try calling a solicitor out on something - he/she will get all their legal pals to gang up against you and sue you

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Edgware wrote: »
    Normal people who pay tax may not agree with this ****e

That's irrelevant, it doesn't matter if people agree with it or not.

Advertisement