Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Security failings at Dublin Airport

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,932 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Amsterdam is great. Hope the book gets thrown at this fella though

He started his party a bit too early. (It's OK it happens to all guys sometime :) )

A relief for those who would have been on the plane near him though, no doubt.

Life ain't always empty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

Didn't get a ban from Dublin airport, which was requested by the Guards and the tax payer picked up the tabs for all the expenses incurred because he's unemployed. A great mornings entertainment for him. He'll head off to Amsterdam later today for his long weekend away.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,002 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

lertsnim wrote: »
    He mooned photographers outside the courthouse. A fine upstanding citizen.

Sounds like a complete scumbag if truth be told. Was told he had missed his flight and then smashed his way through a door and tried to stop the plane. Thuggish behaviour and the people on the flight had a lucky escape.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Released on bail, charged only with damaging an emergancy exit door/panel, free to go back to the Airport, and moons outside court. He might get his weekend away after all. Gotta love the justice system at times.

Are we sure he hadn't just came back from Amsterdam, and tried to get back on the plane to retrive his mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Berserker wrote: »
    Didn't get a ban from Dublin airport, which was requested by the Guards and the tax payer picked up the tabs for all the expenses incurred because he's unemployed. A great mornings entertainment for him. He'll head off to Amsterdam later today for his long weekend away.

It's Ryanair here. I doubt he has 2-300 to book another flight today

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

Seriously chased the air plane down the runway. :o

Can we get this guy on to the late late..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

What would they have used in this attack, given what you're allowed to take through security to the gate?

The arse hole in question looks a right charmer going by the reports from the court.

A refueling vehicle.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

RasTa wrote: »
    It's Ryanair here. I doubt he has 2-300 to book another flight today

He's on Social Welfare, he's more chance than the rest of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

I was wondering what the delay was this morning; this gob****e held up my plane from leaving.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,682 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

I'm convinced that there is something in the human brain that causes it to stop working when people use airports and engage in air travel

The OP must post all his threads from an airport so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

YFlyer wrote: »
    A refueling vehicle.

So what youre saying is there's no way to stop an attack at any Airport in the world and Dublin isn't any less secure than anywhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

I'm convinced that there is something in the human brain that causes it to stop working when people use airports and engage in air travel

Well it might not cause them in general to chase their plane down the runway but I couldn't agree more with you. Even watching some people trying to get through security. Jesus Christ it's painful. It'd be funny if you weren't stuck behind them querying why they can't bring the big can of lynx or litre sized tub of makeup through.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭bennyineire

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Released on bail, charged only with damaging an emergancy exit door/panel, free to go back to the Airport, and moons outside court. He might get his weekend away after all. Gotta love the justice system at times.

Are we sure he hadn't just came back from Amsterdam, and tried to get back on the plane to retrive his mind.

There is likely to be more charges to follow (yes this can be done), also you cannot leave the country when you are on bail

• Registered Users Posts: 40,153 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

SeaFields wrote: »
    Well it might not cause them in general to chase their plane down the runway but I couldn't agree more with you. Even watching some people trying to get through security. Jesus Christ it's painful. It'd be funny if you weren't stuck behind them querying why they can't bring the big can of lynx or litre sized tub of makeup through.

I see you have met my sister.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭McCrack

Judging from the media reports after his Court appearance this morning he seems a right scrote

So what youre saying is there's no way to stop an attack at any Airport in the world and Dublin isn't any less secure than anywhere else.

Yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Assetbacked

Unemployed but going on holiday. I can only assume he saved a decent wedge before he lost his job to afford junkets across Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭Odelay

YFlyer wrote: »
    A refueling vehicle.

It doesn't work like in the movies...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭Odelay

What's his facebook like? I assume he another full time mad bastard?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

Odelay wrote: »
    It doesn't work like in the movies...

nothing ever does, have you ever tried finding an orchestra to follow you round the house while you and the mrs anxiously shed your clothes and get upstairs?

They all laughed at me when I tripped on my jocks and fell down the stairs

:(

• Advertisement

wexie wrote: »
    nothing ever does, have you ever tried finding an orchestra to follow you round the house while you and the mrs anxiously shed your clothes and get upstairs?

They all laughed at me when I tripped on my jocks and fell down the stairs

:(

My dad is still curious as to why the lads in the cello section of the Amity Philharmonic let that shark kill Quint!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

There is likely to be more charges to follow (yes this can be done), also you cannot leave the country when you are on bail

And I'm sure this fine upstanding lad will obey all the conditions of his bail (which he posted himself btw).

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I'm a little surprised that he was able to break through a door. Push past security, fine, but a locked door should be a considerable barrier.

MarkR wrote: »
    I'm a little surprised that he was able to break through a door. Push past security, fine, but a locked door should be a considerable barrier.

Exactly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

MarkR wrote: »

The lure of Amsterdam was obviously powerful.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,294 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Walks out of court and moons the press.

He's got some proud parents no doubt.

Walks out of court and moons the press.

He's got some proud parents no doubt.

You know the sad thing ? He probably does.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

Odelay wrote: »
    What's his facebook like? I assume he another full time mad bastard?

Fine upstanding citizen

Fine upstanding citizen

Least he got an education.

The University of Life is a branch of MIT, yeah??? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,073 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Why are the press giving him the attention he craves ? He probably loves seeing his ugly bum in the media

Advertisement