Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Security failings at Dublin Airport

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Why are the press giving him the attention he craves ? He probably loves seeing his ugly bum in the media

Is his face that ugly? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

Someone needs to teach him how to carry a suitcase.

image.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Why are the press giving him the attention he craves ? He probably loves seeing his ugly bum in the media

That's no way to talk about Mrs Scumba.... oh I get you.

Sorry, as you were!!! :D:D:D:D

He's a real charmer, the Amsterdam ladies will be bowled over

image.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Turnipman

Walks out of court and moons the press.

He's got some proud parents no doubt.

Big assumption! Equally likely to be the unexpected by-product of a drunken quickie following a night of alco-pop fuelled passion outside Enniscorthy's seediest night club.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭uncommon_name

Well think about it, he was already past security. He was at the gate in the terminal where the plane had just been docked. If you think about any airport you have ever been in (even in the USA) there are usually 2 members of staff at the gates who are checking passports, neither of them are dedicated security staff, they work for the airline. I don't think many of us here would have any issues in pushing past 2 people if we really wanted to. Plus depending what terminal it was, some of the gates don't actually have doors and the ones that do only have sliding doors which aren't that hard to open.
    Dublin airport in my opinion is quite reasonably secure, and in some cases more advanced security wise than a lot of other airports I have been in.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,060 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

MarkR wrote: »
    I'm a little surprised that he was able to break through a door. Push past security, fine, but a locked door should be a considerable barrier.

Apparently there's a "break glass in case of emergency" thing in them.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

Apparently there's a "break glass in case of emergency" thing in them.

I think you are assigning far too much finesse (as well as an ability to read) to this lad, I'm guessing, based on the charge being for breaking the magnetic lock, that he just bulled his way through the door. The ones with the maglock fitted to the top corner of the door aren't that hard to break open as the door flexes enough to break the lock when it's hit hard enough.

I'm a little surprised that he was able to break through a door. Push past security, fine, but a locked door should be a considerable barrier.

They would normally only be sliding doors, which wouldn't be difficult to pull open. Also the old Terminal in Dublin Airport in some areas wouldn't have a door, it would just be a low barrier/gate.

They would normally only be sliding doors, which wouldn't be difficult to pull open. Also the old Terminal in Dublin Airport in some areas wouldn't have a door, it would just be a low barrier/gate.

No he was charged with breaking a magnetic lock - these are fitted to the glass and aluminium swinging doors in Dublin airport.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭touts

Lad can afford flights to Amsterdam but judge grants him free legal aid.

Dublin Airport request he be banned from the airport but the judge turns that down because his right to cause mayhem must not be reduced.

Gets bail on condition of good behaviour, commits indecent exposure OUTSIDE the courthouse and still the judge let's him walk free.

Another triumph for the Justice Industry. I'll bet they saw this guy coming and they all knew their repayments on the 182 BMWs were already in the bag for October.

touts wrote: »

Dublin Airport request he be banned from the airport but the judge turns that down because his right to cause mayhem must not be reduced.

Gets bail on condition of good behaviour, commits indecent exposure OUTSIDE the courthouse and still the judge let's him walk free.

Another triumph for the Justice Industry. I'll bet they saw this guy coming and they all knew their repayments on the 182 BMWs were already in the bag for October.

Another example of what's known in the legal trade as "a sure earner"
    We'll be paying his legal aid, on top of his dole, for the rest of his days.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭joe stodge

From the indo...

Mr Kehoe dropped his trousers and mooned press photographers shortly after he left the Criminal Courts of Justice.

He was also "throwing shapes and made hand gestures at the assembled snappers."

“Throwing shapes” Ahahahahahaha ������

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Will Ryanair ban him I wonder?
    Surely he caused a danger to their staff and other passengers?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

They probably can't fully lock the doors for fire safety. You can't have unopenable doors in an emergency/evacuation situation. So either yer man pressed the "break glass" panel or just kicked through the handle.

I don't think it's a security failing though. He was already screened for weapons etc when he went through the scanners and he was stopped by security guards before he got near any planes. Sounds like the security measures did what they should do in that scenario.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,975 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Streetz and streetwise he has down as his motto.

What a f*cking loser.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

the absolute state of that eejet!! won't see 25 a walking ''death from choking on own vomit'' poster boy!!

They probably can't fully lock the doors for fire safety. You can't have unopenable doors in an emergency/evacuation situation. So either yer man pressed the "break glass" panel or just kicked through the handle.

You can have locked doors if they are not escape doors, or if they automatically unlock (as the magnetic ones in Dublin airport do) in the event of a fire alarm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

RasTa wrote: »
    It's Ryanair here. I doubt he has 2-300 to book another flight today

How do you know that?
    He's on Social Welfare, he's more chance than the rest of us.

Certainly has the time on his hands. I'd love to be able to take tomorrow off and jet off to Amsterdam for the weekend.
    SeaFields wrote: »
    It'd be funny if you weren't stuck behind them querying why they can't bring the big can of lynx or litre sized tub of makeup through.

I make a point of scanning the queues before I choose where to go. Some of the nonsense you see is beyond belief.
    joe stodge wrote: »
    He was also "throwing shapes and made hand gestures at the assembled snappers."

Jazz hands, I'm guessing.

Gravelly wrote: »
    No he was charged with breaking a magnetic lock - these are fitted to the glass and aluminium swinging doors in Dublin airport.

Ah fair enough. If you put enough force on on a mag lock it will just open. Only so much force it can withstand. All depends on the specification of it.
    They probably didn't design that side of the airport for this kind of stuff. I would say around security it is very different. I would hope so anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

Gravelly wrote: »
    He's a real charmer, the Amsterdam ladies will be bowled over

image.jpg

The poor hookers you mean ... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,795 ✭✭✭Odelay

It was probably the breakglass for the magnetic door release, they have to allow people escape if there is a fire etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

Not his first time to be an aggressive little f$cker
    https://www.independent.ie/regionals/enniscorthyguardian/news/young-man-got-violent-with-garda-29352621.html

Another of the take take take brigade who will never work a day in their lives, will ever contribute to society and will probably demand a free house

• Registered Users Posts: 13,114 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

TomSweeney wrote: »
    I was thinking maybe he checked on "luggage" ... and that was on the plane, so now he could have a bag full of drugs in the lost and found luggage area in Schipol!!!

Ehh AFAIK according to regulations they are not meant to fly with unaccompanied baggage unless it has been segregated and gone through separate security checks as being unaccompanied.

This was part of the upgraded security post Pan Am 103 that was brought down over Lockerbie.
    touts wrote: »

FFS what a joke.

It reminds me of the judge in Galway that refused to deny bail to gerard barry who whilst on bail raped and murdered a young Swiss girl that was visiting this country.

Judges are often deluded individuals working against the best interests of society.

BTW sometimes there are advantages to the US system as this guy would have been removed from the gene pool a minute after he stepped out airside.
    And thus saved the taxpayers a fortune.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

CeilingFly wrote: »
    Not his first time to be an aggressive little f$cker
    https://www.independent.ie/regionals/enniscorthyguardian/news/young-man-got-violent-with-garda-29352621.html

Another of the take take take brigade who will never work a day in their lives, will ever contribute to society and will probably demand a free house

Different person!

Berserker wrote: »
    How do you know that?

Certainly has the time on his hands. I'd love to be able to take tomorrow off and jet off to Amsterdam for the weekend.

I make a point of scanning the queues before I choose where to go. Some of the nonsense you see is beyond belief.

Jazz hands, I'm guessing.

Your average airport queue is enough to test the patience of Padre Pio!

20 minutes queuing up and ONLY THEN realise the f**k me boots and the three laptops have to come out, the toiletries (half of which are too big) are in a purple bag and that the jacket, belt and watch have to come off.

And that was just last Saturday!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,187 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Your average airport queue is enough to test the patience of Padre Pio!

20 minutes queuing up and ONLY THEN realise the f**k me boots and the three laptops have to come out, the toiletries (half of which are too big) are in a purple bag and that the jacket, belt and watch have to come off.

And that was just last Saturday!!!!!!

well you should make sure you are better prepared :)

well you should make sure you are better prepared :)

Hahahaha - I am the most low maintenance traveller EVER!!!

Liquids ? Nope; Electronics ? Nope.

Just take the watch off and am done!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Different person!

I would say it's the same person. Same name and address and the age fits

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

GoneHome wrote: »
    I would say it's the same person. Same name and address and the age fits

Read the OPs Article, then read the Article I quoted with 'Wrong Person'.

Same name, yes, age, no. This has also been addressed on the Aviation Forum, and removed.

Edit.

Noticed my quoted post, is a 5 year old article.

Move on, nothing to see.

:o

Advertisement