Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are ye eatin' and drinkin' - The Eatening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Pizza and chips at Supermacs

• Registered Users Posts: 13,441 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Went to the shops last week, still nothing in the fridge looks enticing... Wishing Chef Grandeeod was in the kitchen whipping up something tasty.

must settle for eggs on toast

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

macaroni cheese...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭VW 1

Sausages cooked in onions and gravy, with a big pile of creamy mash to go with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,086 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Deja Boo wrote: »
    Went to the shops last week, still nothing in the fridge looks enticing... wishing chef grandeeod were in the kitchen whipping up something tasty.

must settle for eggs on toast

I went for a Greasy spoon outdoor job today. Had a double Angus burger with sauce, gerkins, red onions. Fries too with a garlic mayo dip. Feckin great! Every burp after it reminded me of it. Mam of 4 must know this spot.:D

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Balanadan

Quality Street, Stew, Crisps, Roasted Red Peppers, Cheese and Onion crisps, Pizza, Coke, Yoghurt, Mince Pies, Cheerios, Jack Daniels, Dark Chocolate, Jack Daniels, Coke, Chicken Curry

• Registered Users Posts: 21,826 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Grandeeod wrote: »
    I went for a Greasy spoon outdoor job today. Had a double Angus burger with sauce, gerkins, red onions. Fries too with a garlic mayo dip. Feckin great! Every burp after it reminded me of it. Mam of 4 must know this spot.:D

I think I do !!
    If it's the same place , at the roundabout , they do a great Taco Fries also :D
    I bet I'm thinking of the wrong place :o

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    I think I do !!
    If it's the same place , at the roundabout , they do a great Taco Fries also :D
    I bet I'm thinking of the wrong place :o

Beside Iceland!:D

Beside Iceland!:D

Ooh , excellent !!
    Their food is great , and good options too , bet you.enjoyed :D

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

coffee.. eating too much and glad of these weeks to get back to more normal fare...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Roast Pork, peas, green beans, Brussels Sprouts and potatoes for the Sunday roast dinner

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Bowl of porridge and a cupán tae

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Barry's & Chocolate Biscuits :)

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Ooh , excellent !!
    Their food is great , and good options too , bet you.enjoyed :D

A really nice spot. Mrs G had the Tuna melt. We'll be back.

Christmas decos all up after a 6 hour haul. Thirsty. Out for a few pints.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

A chicken fillet off the deli counter and some very average oven chips. Average bordering on awful.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,017 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Bar-B-Q beef and rice.

A really nice spot. Mrs G had the Tuna melt. We'll be back.

Christmas decos all up after a 6 hour haul. Thirsty. Out for a few pints.

The Tuna Melt is lovely , I've had it there a few times . The small breakfast is what I'd get otherwise :o

I did. Cold brew is a lot easier on my stomach than regular coffee. I just throw a few scoops into a French press, top up with water, stir to get everything hydrated and then cover with some clingfilm and throw it in the fridge overnight for (at least) 12 hours.

Next morning I just put the plunger lid back in, plunge and serve over ice with some milk and bobs your uncle.

Excellent tip above, cold brew is so many streets ahead of hot coffee cooled over ice, its a different ball game. Been drinking these all weekend.

Really dont get why it isn't a thing here when it's so big in the US.

Because cold coffee is poison.

Patww79 wrote: »
    Because cold coffee is poison.

Different tastes and all that.

I didnt think much of it to start, but consumed it non stop for two weeks in america and was turned.

A much sweeter taste, and great smoothness in the texture of it too.

• Advertisement

VW 1 wrote: »
    Different tastes and all that.

I didnt think much of it to start, but consumed it non stop for two weeks in america and was turned.

A much sweeter taste, and great smoothness in the texture of it too.

Ah yeah fair enough, I couldn't stomach it at all. I'd say most people wouldn't either which would stop it becoming much of a thing here.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Ooh. Going to try this.
    Does it work if you heat up the coffee after the overnight brewing?

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭IrishLad90

Just polished off a couple of Chunky Cod from Tesco. Genuinely appreciate the quality, really surprised as fish can be a bit hit and miss. I'm gonna be rolled out of this apartment some day with there online delivery system

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Roast beef with roast carrots, parsnip, potatoes and broccoli.
    Started the pulled pork in the stock pot which should be ready tomorrow evening

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

IrishLad90 wrote: »
    Just polished off a couple of Chunky Cod from Tesco. Genuinely appreciate the quality, really surprised as fish can be a bit hit and miss. I'm gonna be rolled out of this apartment some day with there online delivery system

Nice, must buy some cod, haven't had it in years!
    Is the Tesco version MSC (sustainable)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Spinach and Ricotta Cannelloni - M&S..

Cocktail weekend.. Cheese burgers and chips in between.. I will cop on during the week..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Soon, ordered a collection with Pizza Hut;

1 Large Pizza with Pepperoni, Jalapenos, Minced beef and Sliced sausages, with South Carolina drizzle with a stuffed sausage crust.

1 Large Pizza with Onions, peppers, Olives and Jalapenos, with South Carolina drizzle with a stuffed cheesy crust.

2 Cheese Garlic Breads, and a large bottle of Sprite.

For €36

Healthy stuff! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

BeerWolf wrote: »
    Soon, ordered a collection with Pizza Hut;

1 Large Pizza with Pepperoni, Jalapenos, Minced beef and Sliced sausages, with South Carolina drizzle with a stuffed sausage crust.

1 Large Pizza with Onions, peppers, Olives and Jalapenos, with South Carolina drizzle with a stuffed cheesy crust.

2 Cheese Garlic Breads, and a large bottle of Sprite.

For €36

Healthy stuff! :D
    What you fancy does you good.

A brandy and a mint crisp.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Having fish and steamed veg for dinner.

Advertisement