Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are ye eatin' and drinkin' - The Eatening

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,169 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

This was very hot and I love hot food and can tolerate it.

My go to is rogan josh, love tomato and chilli based curries. Have never had a hot madras... Maybe my local houses tame it down for the natives...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    My go to is rogan josh, love tomato and chilli based curries. Have never had a hot madras... Maybe my local houses tame it down for the natives...

I've never really had a hot one either so was surprised tonight :)
    I'm not complaining though. I like rogan josh as well and usually opt for the
    tomato based ones. The last rogan josh I got from a local place though wasn't great.

Can't sleep. Feck this.
    Going to make cheese on toast.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,071 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Pizza and skinny chips.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭bassy

Pizza and skinny chips.

you hound :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,071 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

bassy wrote: »
    you hound :D

*tries to roll over *

I regret nothing!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

I've never really had a hot one either so was surprised tonight :)
    I'm not complaining though. I like rogan josh as well and usually opt for the
    tomato based ones. The last rogan josh I got from a local place though wasn't great.

Lamb curries I always found greasy.
    Good one is tin toms, onion sweated with garam masala and garlic, about 1/2 to 1 pint of beef stock pot with a veg stockpot and also a veg oxo cube and diced or minced beef. Handful for sultanas and couple of heaped tea spoons of pataks masala paste and leave it overnight to allow the spices to blend and mellow out. Then add mango chutney to taste. May need to an extra veg oxo cube

And methi leaves.
    I *love* methi leaves.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,111 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Banana and a glass of milk. Phone rings. Todays job cancelled due to the weather. Will i stay up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Banana and a glass of milk. Phone rings. Todays job cancelled due to the weather. Will i stay up?

Nope... :confused: :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Grandeeod wrote: »

I'd love that call.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Glass of cold brewed coffee and a bowl of porridge with cinnamon and honey for breakfast. On my way to Dublin for a seminar so will probably grab a pastry and a coffee on my way from the train to the venue as well because I deserve it. It's an ungodly hour to be awake and the weather is horrendous.

Just had a couple of sausages and a couple of coffees.

I've a mother of a headache. Like a knife through the top of my skull. Solpadeine first I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

northgirl wrote: »
    I've a mother of a headache. Like a knife through the top of my skull. Solpadeine first I think.

try strong coffee first?

Graces7 wrote: »
    try strong coffee first?

don't drink coffee. solpadeine didn't stay down. maybe food shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

That was good! A bowl that was in the freezer, clearly something home made worth keeping..

A thick soup, with noodles, carrots, potato, barley...good winter fare and enough for another meal.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,492 ✭✭✭VW 1

Glass of cold brewed coffee and a bowl of porridge with cinnamon and honey for breakfast. On my way to Dublin for a seminar so will probably grab a pastry and a coffee on my way from the train to the venue as well because I deserve it. It's an ungodly hour to be awake and the weather is horrendous.

Did you do the coffee yourself? I got addicted to cold brew and iced coffees when in the States this year but haven't found it here, and when I brew regular coffee and allow it to cool and put it in the fridge it just isn't the same.

Salad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

VW 1 wrote: »
    Did you do the coffee yourself? I got addicted to cold brew and iced coffees when in the States this year but haven't found it here, and when I brew regular coffee and allow it to cool and put it in the fridge it just isn't the same.

I did. Cold brew is a lot easier on my stomach than regular coffee. I just throw a few scoops into a French press, top up with water, stir to get everything hydrated and then cover with some clingfilm and throw it in the fridge overnight for (at least) 12 hours.

Next morning I just put the plunger lid back in, plunge and serve over ice with some milk and bobs your uncle.

• Advertisement

I did. Cold brew is a lot easier on my stomach than regular coffee. I just throw a few scoops into a French press, top up with water, stir to get everything hydrated and then cover with some clingfilm and throw it in the fridge overnight for (at least) 12 hours.

Next morning I just put the plunger lid back in, plunge and serve over ice with some milk and bobs your uncle.

Excellent, I shall give that a go and see how I get on.

For now, flat white with a cinnamon swirl. The weather out there would nearly make ya do it.

Rice Krispies

The expected weather has my work day cancelled again tomorrow. So how about a few scoops on a Tuesday? I feel like a teacher on a snow day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

It's either spag bol or a mini fry up. Can't decide...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Duck from the cheapo counter in tesco roasted till fat all drained, potatoes, parsnip and carrots roasted in the duck fat. Home made plum sauce.
    Now I feel the need to hibernate.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,470 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

bacon, potato, green bean and onion fry up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Had what was left of my stew from last night with some mashed potatoes. All mixed up together, real comfort food

Just had 3 sausages, 2 eggs, a bagel, and beans with cheese. Supping a Boyne Brewhouse Saison now.

La.de.da wrote: »
    It's either spag bol or a mini fry up. Can't decide...

I hope it was a mini fry up.:D

I grabbed some Rockshore bottles for the laugh. Dinner? Well as tomorrow is all but cancelled except for the school run, its takeaway city here tonight and on a TUESDAY.:eek: How bold is that!

• Advertisement

Spag bol here, topped with cheese and all remaining sauce mopped up with the heel of the bread. Sitting watching united for my sins.

Advertisement