Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are ye eatin' and drinkin' - The Eatening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭IrishLad90

kimokanto wrote: »
    Homemade soup here too, mushrooms on special in Aldi, 2 punnets made me a nice pot of hearty soup. Everyone else in the house thinks mushrooms are the work of the devil, so its all for me!

I've never been able to get mushroom soup right 😎 I like a spicy kick to it.
    Going to attempt my first spiced butternut soup as it's the special of the week (Tesco)

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭kimokanto

IrishLad90 wrote:
    I've never been able to get mushroom soup right 😎 I like a spicy kick to it. Going to attempt my first spiced butternut soup as it's the special of the week (Tesco)

I have had a fair few flops myself but the one I did last night was fry off the mushrooms in butter & plenty of fresh ground black pepper until mushrooms are nice & dark.
    Add garlic and onion until soft.
    500mls chicken stock & add 150mls milk a little at a time.
    Blend roughly with stick blender (I like it chunky)

Best of luck with the butternut squash!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,085 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Homemade soup here too, mushrooms on special in Aldi, 2 punnets made me a nice pot of hearty soup. Everyone else in the house thinks mushrooms are the work of the devil, so its all for me!

I LOVE MUSHROOMS!

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭IrishLad90

I have had a fair few flops myself but the one I did last night was fry off the mushrooms in butter & plenty of fresh ground black pepper until mushrooms are nice & dark.
    Add garlic and onion until soft.
    500mls chicken stock & add 150mls milk a little at a time.
    Blend roughly with stick blender (I like it chunky)

Best of luck with the butternut squash!

Looking forward to attempting this coming into the weekend..
    Ive been trying a couple of different store bought stock lately and I find the Kania are the best option when it comes to flavor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Pasta Fagioli, pronounced as Pasta Fazoole. I used to get this in a local place when I lived in New York, of course it doesn't turn out the same but it's still very good.
    https://www.skinnytaste.com/pasta-fagioli-64-pts/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Fry up tonight. Rashers, black pudding, tomatoe and scrambled egg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

Tayto sammich and tea. No energy to cook. Twas grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Cauli soup ( h/m ) followed by a kipper & some broccoli

Chicken curry, rice and homemade chips. I'm not getting home until 8ish these nights so need quick meals. Cooked chicken breasts last night so mixed Mayflower curry powder with the stock and chopped up the chicken into it tonight, boil in the bag rice and peeled the spuds while the oil was heating.. Its was absolutely delish and ready in 15mins.

Chicken curry, rice and homemade chips. I'm not getting home until 8ish these nights so need quick meals. Cooked chicken breasts last night so mixed Mayflower curry powder with the stock and chopped up the chicken into it tonight, boil in the bag rice and peeled the spuds while the oil was heating.. Its was absolutely delish and ready in 15mins.

I'm working from home up to Christmas. Sounds cool, but its a feckin nightmare in terms of deadlines. Mrs G has taken over the cooking. She made a lovely Pork steak with roasties and mushy peas. Her and little G milled it. Mine is under wraps, but as its the Christmas season, I'm having a couple of beers to wind down before I indulge. All going well with these uploads to the Cloud so far.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,826 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Delighted you're getting waited on for a change G :)

Garlic pizza bread with cheese , with garlic mayo dip :p

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Delighted you're getting waited on for a change G :)

Garlic pizza bread with cheese , with garlic mayo dip :p

I still have to microwave it, but that's cool. At least it's there! Uploads done. One more beer and grub time.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭molly09

Toasted sandwich with tomato relish, cheese, tomatoes, roasted peppers and onions.
    With king cheese and onions

Followed by raspberry creams and 7up

• Registered Users Posts: 3,682 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

A Topic bar and a cup o' tae.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭molly09

A Topic bar and a cup o' tae.

I used to love topic bars, have not had one for years , going to be on the look out tomorrow for one!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,682 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

molly09 wrote: »
    I used to love topic bars, have not had one for years , going to be on the look out tomorrow for one!!

Havent seen one in years myself, then found one in a vending machine at work.

Happy days!

I hope you find one!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Late night emergency food.

All I had was this:

20181204-235939.jpg

Did spice it up a little, and then:

Added nan bread, red onion, and chilli pickle:

20181205-001339.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    Late night emergency food.

All I had was this:

20181204-235939.jpg

Did spice it up a little, and then:

Added nan bread, red onion, and chilli pickle

But did you add a nice chianti? :p

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Lol! I should have!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Rice Krispies. Afraid I am annyoing desksiders with snap, crackle and pop :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Southern fried chicken, cabbage and potatoes for dinner today. A mixture of Irish and American, you could say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

For lunch I had some spicy rice & chicken dish in the Staff Rest. Not bad. Glad I did now cause I need the sustenance. Dinner will probably be tea and biscuits cause I'll be in bed by then.

My homemade chilli tonight. A dollop of sour cream on top and cheese on top of that. Some double fried chunky chips on the side.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,242 ✭✭✭✭jake is right

Duck breast and garlic mushrooms.

Last of the duck went into a curry tonight

Grandeeod wrote: »
    My homemade chilli tonight. A dollop of sour cream on top and cheese on top of that. Some double fried chunky chips on the side.

I don't suppose there's any going spare ?

Coffee .

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    I don't suppose there's any going spare ?

Coffee .

Only my portion left and I ain't sharing with anyone.:D

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Only my portion left and I ain't sharing with anyone.:D

Lol too right you are , enjoy !!

Always make extra chili and keep it in the freezer for the munchies

• Advertisement

spookwoman wrote: »
    Always make extra chili and keep it in the freezer for the munchies