Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are ye eatin' and drinkin' - The Eatening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,113 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Last bottle and a dirty chicken curry with rice and chips. I'm so mad!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,492 ✭✭✭VW 1

In the middle of the veg prep for a rare sunday roast. Carrots parsnips and garlic clove are in olive oil and herbs, ready to be roasted and basted with butter, honey and balsamic vinegar.

Chicken to go in the oven with a lemon and herb marinade on top.

Brussels sprouts and potatoes to do.

Beer in hand and music on.

Love a nice relaxing sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,298 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Roast lamb, potatoes and carrots for the Sunday lunch.

VW 1 wrote: »
    In the middle of the veg prep for a rare sunday roast. Carrots parsnips and garlic clove are in olive oil and herbs, ready to be roasted and basted with butter, honey and balsamic vinegar.

Chicken to go in the oven with a lemon and herb marinade on top.

Brussels sprouts and potatoes to do.

Beer in hand and music on.

Love a nice relaxing sunday.
    branie2 wrote: »
    Roast lamb, potatoes and carrots for the Sunday lunch.

Snap! A roast in the oven. Sirloin of beef. Having roast potatoes in garlic and herbs. Mixed veg and gravy. Beer in hand too. Who needs Christmas!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Roast loin of pork with roast potatoes, carrots and parsnip. Cabbage and apple sauce. Finished with home made devils food cake.
    Also getting some plum sauce made for roast duck during the week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Homemade chicken and vegetable satay with rice. Very enjoyable :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Fudge and baklava that I picked up at the Christmas market earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,331 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Lovin' reading about all the roast dinners today :)

I've a roast chicken in the oven. Pre-stuffed and nothing else fancy in there with it, just a drizzle of olive oil and salt & pepper.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

Sausages on the frying pan, going to make me a sausage sandwich

• Registered Users Posts: 21,851 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Patww79 wrote: »
    Fudge and baklava that I picked up at the Christmas market earlier.

By any chance was it the one that started in the top square and down as far as Shaws corner ?

• Advertisement

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    By any chance was it the one that started in the top square and down as far as Shaws corner ?

Not sure what Shaw's corner is but it did indeed start at the top square (where all the kids were!).

• Registered Users Posts: 21,851 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Patww79 wrote: »
    Not sure what Shaw's corner is but it did indeed start at the top square (where all the kids were!).

Lol , Shaws corner - where the old Shaws store used to be :)

Think we were at the same one !

Coffee here now .

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Lol , Shaws corner - where the old Shaws store used to be :)

Think we were at the same one !

Coffee here now .

Was a nice setup, was sorry I'd ate before we went though as I couldn't hang about too long but the food smelt class.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Roast chicken, roast spuds, mashed carrots and parsnips, broccoli, Yorkshire puddings, gravy and a glass of Chardonnay.

Rubberlegs wrote: »
    Roast chicken, roast spuds, mashed carrots and parsnips, broccoli, Yorkshire puddings, gravy and a glass of Chardonnay.

Another one! Welcome to the Sunday roast party!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Wholewheat noodles, chicken and prawns with veg in a zesty chili sauce.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,492 ✭✭✭VW 1

Well that was excellent.

Kid in bed, wife watching im a celebrity and im in off for a few pints.

Bliss.

VW 1 wrote: »
    Well that was excellent.

Kid in bed, wife watching im a celebrity and im in off for a few pints.

Bliss.

That is a bliss I know all about V. But not tonight. Desperately trying to push the ladies off to bed so I can enjoy the last few beers and Key Largo on TV.

Meatballs and pasta with a spicy tomato and garlic sauce. Little G had hers without the sauce - Ketchup instead.:D Garlic bread on the side.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Smoked peppered mackerel with some chips

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭jellybear

About to have smoked ham, roast potatoes and veg. Yum :)

There's 20% off Just eat today so am thinking of treating myself to a healthy option take away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭ArtyC

Chilli (spicy cause he's away!), Mexican rice with cheese! One glass of red - the last drop in the house ... stuffed & happy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Barrys and chocolate biscuits. How bad boi!

Made a stew tonight, and it was so good, way nicer than the last time I made it! Forgot to put my spuds on in time though so I had it with bread and butter instead :o

• Registered Users Posts: 13,331 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

I made this beef & vegetable casserole from the BBC good food website. It's a regular in my kitchen. I added more carrots and celery than what the recipe says, and I only use one beef stock; it really doesn't need two. It tastes fantastic, the key being the addition of the Worcestershire sauce.

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    Made a stew tonight, and it was so good, way nicer than the last time I made it! Forgot to put my spuds on in time though so I had it with bread and butter instead :o

You can't beat a bit of bread and butter... as long as it's real butter that is! :eek:

I made this beef & vegetable casserole from the BBC good food website. It's a regular in my kitchen. I added more carrots and celery than what the recipe says, and I only use one beef stock; it really doesn't need two. It tastes fantastic, the key being the addition of the Worcestershire sauce.

You can't beat a bit of bread and butter... as long as it's real butter that is! :eek:

Not real butter unfortunately, but it does taste so much better with it!

I ended up getting a chicken tandoori starter, chicken madras with rice and lamb naan bread. I only ate half of it, the curry was
    seriously hot but really nice! As healthy as I'm gonna get but needed a treat. And all for 12 euro!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Oh you're making me want a curry now, but I usually find them not hot enough!

I wish they added the fresh red onion and green chilli garnish, which is popular in India.

• Advertisement

This was very hot and I love hot food and can tolerate it.

Advertisement