Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are ye eatin' and drinkin' - The Eatening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,826 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

GoneHome wrote: »
    Very rarely it happens me but this morning herself insisted on being left out, very surreal being in the kitchen at that hour actually

Ah I don't mind it tbh , quite enjoy the darkness and silence , knowing most people are sleeping blissfully .
    Yeah , I'm odd :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Ah I don't mind it tbh , quite enjoy the darkness and silence , knowing most people are sleeping blissfully .
    Yeah , I'm odd :p

I live in a very rural area so I think the darkness at that hour kinda freaked me out, not that it was any darker than 6 in the evening but still :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,826 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

GoneHome wrote: »
    I live in a very rural area so I think the darkness at that hour kinda freaked me out, not that it was any darker than 6 in the evening but still :D

Am lol here , I enjoy it as I grew up in a rural area , now live in a town !
    But the darkness always seems quieter and blacker (spoooky!!) out of town :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭bassy

Them salt and vinegar pringles aint to bad,so to the fella who recommended them the other nite fair play :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Roast beef, veg and chips for dinner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Am lol here , I enjoy it as I grew up in a rural area , now live in a town !
    But the darkness always seems quieter and blacker (spoooky!!) out of town :p

reminds me of the day when I was new here that I wandered down the drive romanticising how deep the darkness was, then realised I had no idea where I was as it was so dark.... PANIC.. like being struck blind ...

feel like a collapsed balloon these days... had a ready meal it being Sunday.. Irish cabbage and bacon... Saving it from the young cats was quite a challenge.. they have no manners.... yet !

Then a tesco creme caramel. my favourite..

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Graces7 wrote: »
    reminds me of the day when I was new here that I wandered down the drive romanticising how deep the darkness was, then realised I had no idea where I was as it was so dark.... PANIC.. like being struck blind ...

Amazing skies at night though.
    Do you remember halleys comet back in 1996 I think?

A pint or two of Chieftain IPA to while away a rainy Sunday.

igCorcaigh wrote: »

ah no. was not here then and not a watcher.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Gyalist

Currently preparing a Caribbean meal of rice and peas, jerk chicken, fried ripe plantains, coleslaw with roasted pineapple, vanilla ice cream with a rum and chilli syrup for dessert. Just the jerk chicken and roasted pineapples left to be done but as soon as I lit up the grill it started to rain heavily. Hopefully it stops soon as I went to an awful amount of trouble to find pimento berries yesterday. I plan to add them to the charcoal to try to replicate the flavour of jerk chicken cooked in a jerk pit.

Ireland women are playing Australia tonight in the women's cricket World Cup and a group of us are getting together for a meal before the game as five members of our club are in the squad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

I've had some cornflakes. All I can stomach.

northgirl wrote: »
    I've had some cornflakes. All I can stomach.

with milk and sugar? great!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Graces7 wrote: »
    with milk and sugar? great!

Just milk. I love cereal :pac:

Gyalist wrote: »
    Currently preparing a Caribbean meal of rice and peas, jerk chicken, fried ripe plantains, coleslaw with roasted pineapple, vanilla ice cream with a rum and chilli syrup for dessert. Just the jerk chicken and roasted pineapples left to be done but as soon as I lit up the grill it started to rain heavily. Hopefully it stops soon as I went to an awful amount of trouble to find pimento berries yesterday. I plan to add them to the charcoal to try to replicate the flavour of jerk chicken cooked in a jerk pit.

Ireland women are playing Australia tonight in the women's cricket World Cup and a group of us are getting together for a meal before the game as five members of our club are in the squad.

Stop! We could seriously do with a good caribbean restaurant over here. Such good tasty food.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I love the dense darkness in our rural area, where we have little or no light pollution.

I had a friend here in 86 (not 96) with his very powerful telescope. All the neighbours came to have a look at the comet. One lady, then aged mid 70s, just couldn't see it and said "never mind, I'll see it the next time". Bless her, she didn't make it to 2000 let alone 2061.

Pork fillet is in the oven with about 45 minutes to go. The smell is mouth watering. I must get the veg and potatoes washed and cooking soon.

I did make jerk black eye peas recently, but used a jar of jerk paste. Couldn't possibly make my own! Recipe on budget bites.

Stop! We could seriously do with a good caribbean restaurant over here. Such good tasty food.

I've thought about it but I'm just a keen home cook with no clue about the restaurant business. Just preparing this meal for about 12 people has been a huge hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 RasmusHax

Gonna devour a 3.3kg duck in about 2 hours... Let's get ready to battle

I did make jerk black eye peas recently, but used a jar of jerk paste. Couldn't possibly make my own! Recipe on budget bites.

Strictly speaking, only meat can be jerked. That's why the controversy about Jamie Oliver's Punchy Jerk Rice erupted last summer.

Just sampled the first batch off the grill and it's delicious but I suspect that it would be far too hot for most of my friends. I'll have to use an old trick to disguise how spicy it really is.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,010 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Five gullon chocolate wafers I got from Mr price for 1.50.....i can why there so cheap 🤢🤮

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

branie2 wrote: »
    Fish fingers, beans and potatoes for dinner.

YES! A good kiddie dinner.

Gyalist wrote: »
    Strictly speaking, only meat can be jerked. That's why the controversy about Jamie Oliver's Punchy Jerk Rice erupted last summer.

Just sampled the first batch off the grill and it's delicious but I suspect that it would be far too hot for most of my friends. I'll have to use an old trick to disguise how spicy it really is.

If I could ever be lucky enough to be a guest, keep it spicy for me. I love the peppery kick of real Caribbean food.

And yes, the meat does work, especially pork.
    But beans do too. To hell with food dogma!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭ArtyC

Wine, bread & cheese no work tomo and my feet are up !!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,237 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Had a gorgeous white hot chocolate today and a beautiful chocolate muffin :)

Had a fry with brown soda bread :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Cottage pie with peas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

bassy wrote: »
    Them salt and vinegar pringles aint to bad,so to the fella who recommended them the other nite fair play :)

That would be me :) not a fella though :D

• Advertisement

twirlagig wrote: »
    That would be me :) not a fella though :D

oops sorry twirlagig :) still have half a can left,will be crunching some later :)

Advertisement