Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are ye eatin' and drinkin' - The Eatening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,797 ✭✭✭sporina

just had a post work snack of some wholegrain rice cakes with hummus and chargrilled pepper relish.. and of course, cracked black pepper.. yum..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,107 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Fathom wrote: »
    Coffee cake. Rich, dark eye-opening brew to sip with it.

Whats the weather like? Not too bad here.

Mrs G cooked a nice chicken crown with roast spuds and stuff for herself and Ms G. Looked great and they demolished it. I'm breaking out my wooden slab later for a feed of something. But first a well earned beer!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,035 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Yo Grandeeod. Just past 10AM Pacific. Sunny. 53F and warming. Dead calm. Flowers blooming everywhere. Many in shorts and Ts. Delightful. :cool: Later I may have fish and chips. Lazy me. I'll buy them at a nearby fish place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

Mrs G cooked a nice chicken crown with roast spuds and stuff for herself and Ms G. Looked great and they demolished it. I'm breaking out my wooden slab later for a feed of something. But first a well earned beer!

I might get myself a wooden slab. I'm eating so much at the moment i sometimes use the chopping board :p

In fact, I'll be using it later for my 'take away take home pizza'. Picked one up in Lidl yesterday having not tried it before. Hopefully its nice. Pizza tastes better eaten off a wooden slab, even if it is a chopping board!

Porklife wrote: »
    I might get myself a wooden slab. I'm eating so much at the moment i sometimes use the chopping board :p

In fact, I'll be using it later for my 'take away take home pizza'. Picked one up in Lidl yesterday having not tried it before. Hopefully its nice. Pizza tastes better eaten off a wooden slab, even if it is a chopping board!

Ms G gave me one for Christmas. A Guinness one designed for steaks, but I'm using it for lots of stuff like burgers, wings and of course all kinds of steaks. It's an inch thick.:D Dunnes have a range of wooden wear at the moment. Looks like they are for salad and cakes. A rectangular board for a tenner. Fine for using your hands, but I wouldn't cut steak on it. They look great for pizza slices, burgers and general finger food.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

I've always found cous cous boring even in cafes where they dress it up but it's quick, easy and healthy so I've decided to get into it.
    Lunch is cous cous with chillies, peanuts, spinach, peppers, lemon juice, garlic and hoummos. Surprisingly tasty!

I love couscous with just cumin, or with preserved lemons and herbs. I find the wholemeal version better. So quick and easy! Great with fish.

I went out with a lovely Czech girl in the late 90s and I mention her because she introduced me to couscous. I had never heard of it before, but that was the norm back then. She made me a chicken dish with it along with peppers and pickled veg. I may try a couscous dish soon. Considering my travels, I know I've had it since, mainly in salads, but would love to try a hot dish with it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭IrishLad90

Tonight's dish comes with no photo as i tucked straight in

DC chunky cod, mushy peas, Garlic roast potatoes and raw spinach (gotta get more greens in)
    Absolutely delish, washed down with a red ale

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Butchers steak burgers with garden peas and sweet potato wedges :)

Well the slab had a combo of Buffalo wings, Potato salad, fries and BBQ dip. It was very tasty.:D I washed it down with a big glass of bainne.

• Advertisement

I also brought out the chopping boar..eh..slab for an oven pizza. Not bad but has no place calling itself takeaway take home pizza. The base was like concrete! Still ate it all though :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭VW 1

I went out with a lovely Czech girl in the late 90s and I mention her because she introduced me to couscous. I had never heard of it before, but that was the norm back then. She made me a chicken dish with it along with peppers and pickled veg. I may try a couscous dish soon. Considering my travels, I know I've had it since, mainly in salads, but would love to try a hot dish with it again.

A frequent favourite in our house is chicken thighs deboned, marinaded in a combo of ketchup/soy/honey and roasted on a bed of peppers onions and celery. 45 mins at 180 gets the skin crispy and delicious. Serve it with the veg and warm cous cous. The cous cous is a boil in the bag version put into a bowl, and add 350ml of hot chicken stock. Leave covered with tin foil for 15 mins and it's ready, just fluff up with a fork and add the juice of half a lemon and lots of black pepper.

Also a big fan of giant cous cous, love to serve that cold in a salad with roasted aubergine, feta cheese and spinach.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Huge strawberries and some smoothie.

I had a hot cup for breakfast.

Huge strawberries and some smoothie.

I had a hot cup for breakfast.

What's a hot cup? I'm thinking of ordering Thai food this evening. Feeling kinda queasy all day though so not sure it's the best idea.

What's a hot cup? I'm thinking of ordering Thai food this evening. Feeling kinda queasy all day though so not sure it's the best idea.

I've been putting it off for a year! I used to really enjoy Thai food at lunchtime in our local Lana joint. They don't deliver as far out as me, but I can collect. My mind is made up. I was considering an Indian for my wedding anniversary, but I'm going with Thai.:)

It's soup in a cup. You get different flavours and ones with noodles etc.

Happy Anniversary G

It's soup in a cup. You get different flavours and ones with noodles etc.

Happy Anniversary G

Cheers S a couple of weeks away yet.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭IrishLad90

After a walk about town, i got to tuck into one of the Tuna wraps i have ready in the fridge.. Tortilla, tuna, squeeze of lime, spinach, lettuce, spict mayo and Heated in panini press.
    a packet of crisps would have went down well with them but ive to try stay away from those gems.
    All washed down with a Pint of Dublin's finest (tap water)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,035 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

IrishLad90 wrote: »
    After a walk about town, i got to tuck into one of the Tuna wraps i have ready in the fridge.. Tortilla, tuna, squeeze of lime, spinach, lettuce, spict mayo and Heated in panini press.
    Sounds yummy IrishLad90.

I see a few of you mention cous cous, what does it taste like?

I had bacon and cabbage this evening

• Advertisement

Autosport wrote: »

I had bacon and cabbage this evening

It's a grain but tastes light and fluffy. You have to add stuff to it though otherwise it is bland. Lighter than rice, cooks faster as well.

It's a grain but tastes light and fluffy. You have to add stuff to it though otherwise it is bland. Lighter than rice, cooks faster as well.

Thanks for that :) I love rice so I’ll try it :)

Thinking chili burger with cheese, onions, and jalapenos. Burger joint nearby. Time to hoof.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭BalcombeSt4

Cup of tea w/Boyne Valley Honey & Cadbury Flake

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭SineadSpears

I love rice so I’ll try it :)

Maybe try get a small bit from a salad bar to try.

I have a friend who hates it. but it really is just like a light rice. its lovely

• Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Cous cous with grated red onion, carrot and ice berg lettuce.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

Rows is on a wind up hehe

I had a Mighty Mac, large fries and a vanilla milkshake.

Hey Porklife, I saw this on Facebook and thought of you :)

Double espresso

Fathom wrote: »
    Double espresso

You will be wired

• Advertisement

You will be wired
    Yes! On call for work. Gotta be sharp. Had to jump-start my brain today. :eek:

Advertisement