Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are ye eatin' and drinkin' - The Eatening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

Brunch lunch today is an unreal Friday treat..bacon, mushrooms, garlic and spinach sauteed in butter and nutmeg with potato cakes and poached eggs and extra hot tobassco.
    Seriously delicious

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭IrishLad90

Slow cooked a chicken, so now resisting the temptation of snacking at it for the afternoon

Hoping to get some in the fridge for the weekend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭AlejGuzman68

Celebrating my day off with a vodka and tonic. Yes it may seem early but I am totally worth it,lol.

Celebrating my day off with a vodka and tonic. Yes it may seem early but I am totally worth it,lol.

If it makes you feel better (aka drink more :p) my neighbour just sent me a picture of him closing his work laptop and a big glass of wine with a caption saying - screw this
    I approved wholeheartedly:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭AlejGuzman68

Porklife wrote: »
    If it makes you feel better (aka drink more :p) my neighbour just sent me a picture of him closing his work laptop and a big glass of wine with a caption saying - screw this
    I approved wholeheartedly:)

It was a very stressful week with normal work and in staff fighting. It was all just drama which I hate. So today with the aid of alcohol, I am in a happy place lol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Pizza for lunch

• Registered Users Posts: 22,237 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Apple tart for lunch :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,085 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Inspired by porklife and I did promise Mrs G. So she had sausages, rashers, fried egg, beans, chips and bread and butter for dinner. Ms G had a smaller version. I have opened a beer Job done. I'll put something on my board later. It was a present from Ms G and she loves to see me use it.:D

Friday night takeaway, I had one bite of pizza but lots of chips and heated up my own mushy peas with lots of salt ,vinegar and garlic mayo. I'm now in agony as all I eaten today was a small pear and half a pastry. I'm in pain. I had a pint of Aldi summer fruits dilute with it and I'm waiting to have a glass of red wine once my stomach settles. ☺️

Slug the red Duvet! On Rockshore.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,017 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Hoofed it to coffeehouse. Chilly here. Overcast. Breeze off northern Pacific. Sipping a hot brew.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,237 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Chocolate egg being devoured :D

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Slug the red Duvet! On Rockshore.

Do you think Rockshore beer or cider G? I had Rockshore light last weekend. It's 3% and my doctor said I was allowed...she really did! It was actually really nice, very crisp and refreshing.
    Would murder one now but having cranberry juice and sparkling water instead:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭SineadSpears

tonight I had turkey, ham and cabbage from the freezer.

with carrots and stuffing.

I also made mustard mash for the first time and it was lovely! with Maille wholegrain mustard. I thought it might have been a drier mustard but it was loose and kind of vinegary.

Felt a bit odd having a roast dinner with no sauce but everything tasted lovely so it was fine.

I just need to figure something to have with it next time. can't be having a sauceless dinner :pac:

Just brought down some peri peri chicken wings on the board with fries, coleslaw and dips. Well jarred with Mrs G here, but happy out! Some great tunes too!:pac:

Do you think Rockshore beer or cider G? I had Rockshore light last weekend. It's 3% and my doctor said I was allowed...she really did! It was actually really nice, very crisp and refreshing.
    Would murder one now but having cranberry juice and sparkling water instead:)

I drink the beer porklife

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Greetings earthlings. I had a rogue stale packet of crisps in multipack.

Greetings earthlings. I had a rogue stale packet of crisps in multipack.

Happens a lot. I know a rep and he blames rough shelf packing that breaks small holes in the odd bag causing them to go stale.

Roasted a chicken crown and served it up to the girls with roasties and corn on the cob. Havin a beer and gonna recreate a takeaway meal later. I may walk around the block before it so I can pretend I'm on the way home from the pub.:D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,089 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Kettle crisps (cheese and onion).

First time trying them.
    Quite nice.

Thank feck my appetite it back. I couldn't barely eat there for ages, no idea why.
    Had a breast in a bun earlier. It was only ok

• Advertisement

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    Kettle crisps (cheese and onion).

First time trying them.
    Quite nice.

Every time I see kettle chips, I immediately hear Sideshow Bob in my head saying 'ah kettle chips...the perfect side dish...for revenge!'
    :p

• Registered Users Posts: 21,826 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Takeaway Taco Chips , Mizzonis finest !

Homemade takeaway. Cheese and bacon fries. Chicken wings and a hot sauce. It was so perfect after a night in the pub! I wish?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Big mug of instant coffee... The cats are replete with raw chicken. Really off food these days I am. Eating is an effort...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,836 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Spring onion sausages, smokey bacon and cheddar cheese in two slices of white toast with a mug of tea.

I love Sunday mornings.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

Having a cup of tea to regain some sense of reason in this muddled world.

I was on Lidl undecided and I saw the fit foods Thai red curry you've talked about Surreptitious so that's gonna be my lunch :)

Something that's been annoying me this weekend is food reviews. So many places get fantastic reviews then I try the food and think wtf. I know taste is personal but some things can't be disputed like cold food or tiny portions. There's a cafe near my apartment that was open for sitting in today for some reason. Looks a bit of a kip from the outside but a quick google showed rave reviews.
    It was horrible. Everything from the grubby disinterested guy behind the counter who when I asked..are you guys open to sit inside, just shrugged his shoulders to the smell of stale oil. I dont know why I stayed and paid 15 euro for a disgusting breakfast :(
    Rant over:)

I was on Lidl undecided and I saw the fit foods Thai red curry you've talked about Surreptitious so that's gonna be my lunch :)

Something that's been annoying me this weekend is food reviews. So many places get fantastic reviews then I try the food and think wtf. I know taste is personal but some things can't be disputed like cold food or tiny portions. There's a cafe near my apartment that was open for sitting in today for some reason. Looks a bit of a kip from the outside but a quick google showed rave reviews.
    It was horrible. Everything from the grubby disinterested guy behind the counter who when I asked..are you guys open to sit inside, just shrugged his shoulders to the smell of stale oil. I dont know why I stayed and paid 15 euro for a disgusting breakfast :(
    Rant over:)

Don't kill me if you don't like it! I thought it was tasty.

Getting my lamb into the oven now. Easter dinner delayed. Everything is still safe to eat though

• Advertisement

Roast lamb, roasted mixed veg and home cut chips and mint sauce.

m87N73f.jpg

Advertisement