Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are ye eatin' and drinkin' - The Eatening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Lasagna, coleslaw and chips this evening :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,107 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Absolutely hammering into the striploin, mushrooms, onions and chips with a drop of pepper sauce. Strawberry bainne to wash it down. Jaysus!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Calm down G, you'll work yourself up.

I'm hungry but nauseated don't know what to eat.

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭FrankN1

Ice Cream!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

A few chips, a cold platter and the piéce de résistance was a couple of fresh crusty buns from Lidl.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,035 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Happy Latte Day!

A few chips, a cold platter and the piéce de résistance was a couple of fresh crusty buns from Lidl.

I forgot about the cold platter with hot chips. Putting it on my list! I have a striploin left over in the fridge from last nights twin pack. Took a ciabatta out of the freezer an hour ago and just chopped mushrooms and onions so we know where this is going. Opening a beer out the back and taking pleasure in how the garden is starting to look.

I'm a fancy nancy today. I had goats cheese bruschetta's with red onion marmalade. Quite heavy food though.
    Cooked btw so the cheese melts.

Roast beef, carrots/peas and mashed potatoes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

Tricolour pasta just to jazz things up with chicken, spinach and lots of chillies
    The sauce is white wine, stock and double cream

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,035 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Autosport wrote: »
    Roast beef, carrots/peas and mashed potatoes :)
    This reads good Autosport. Basic and yummy. May look for some tonight.

Anyone who wants a curry in a hurry (!) The veg curry from Balti House is unreal. I picked one up tonight. I know it's not cooking but anyway. Irish made as well with decent ingredients. Dunnes sell them.

Anyone who wants a curry in a hurry (!) The veg curry from Balti House is unreal. I picked one up tonight. I know it's not cooking but anyway. Irish made as well with decent ingredients. Dunnes sell them.

Is there a meat version S?

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Is there a meat version S?

Yes they do Jalfrezi I think as well, chicken. I tried all of them and the veg is the tastiest. In saying that the meat one isn't bad. It is miles better than the Bombay Pantry we were talking about.

Fathom wrote: »
    This reads good Autosport. Basic and yummy. May look for some tonight.

Yep it reads good. Anything can read good. But a photo, now and again, can help in support of the read. Hope you find what you need Fathom.:)

Sinking a beer and heating the pan.:D

Just found the website

http://baltihouse.ie/

I have never seen the Rogan Josh one but have a look anyway.

Yes they do Jalfrezi I think as well, chicken. I tried all of them and the veg is the tastiest. In saying that the meat one isn't bad. It is miles better than the Bombay Pantry we were talking about.

BALTI HOUSE, so I can stick it in the thread. Dunnes? Sounds great for the late evening emergency. Cheers S.

BALTI HOUSE, so I can stick it in the thread. Dunnes? Sounds great for the late evening emergency. Cheers S.

Website posted above. I think Lidl used sell them as well? I def remember buying one or two there but Dunnes do sell them. Don't be fooled by the Veg one, it is bursting with flavour and I usually pick meat myself as well.

Just found the website

http://baltihouse.ie/

I have never seen the Rogan Josh one but have a look anyway.

Was the Pilau rice dish in Dunnes too?

Was the Pilau rice dish in Dunnes too?

All I saw was the Veg, Jalfrezi, Biryani (which is good). I would think it depends on the store but you are pretty likely to find those ones and might get lucky with the others.

It looks like Tesco has them too? Lidl must have been doing a special at the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭beerguts

Lamb burger on a brioche bun with some rustic chips from a local food van. It was very nice to eat it in the open on a sunny day. The food was nice but the environment enhanced it.

All I saw was the Veg, Jalfrezi, Biryani (which is good). I would think it depends on the store but you are pretty likely to find those ones and might get lucky with the others.

It looks like Tesco has them too? Lidl must have been doing a special at the time.

I'll definitely be trying this over the weekend. I read the brand as Curry in a hurry and thought clever name but it was actually you being the smart one Surreptitious!
    :)

Porklife wrote: »
    I'll definitely be trying this over the weekend. I read the brand as Curry in a hurry and thought clever name but it was actually you being the smart one Surreptitious!
    :)

Haha that's gas. It would be a good name for a mobile curry venture though, wouldn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭FrankN1

Toast now :D

I don't eat much when it gets kinda sunny so I just had a toasted special. AGAIN!!! But I bought a chocolate ice and something from the deli to ease my hormonal woe. I had a mad craving for ice cream

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,580 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

I am eating a bag of jellies and drinking white wine, becoz I is sofistikated

I am eating a bag of jellies and drinking white wine, becoz I is sofistikated

lol

I'm having popcorn mixed with skips in a big bowl. I call it skip n pip becoz i is klazzy 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭IrishLad90

Pizza fries and a cider watching Justice league
    Ristorante mozzarella, skin on fries, Orchard Thieves

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭IrishLad90

Porklife wrote: »
    lol

I'm having popcorn mixed with skips in a big bowl. I call it skip n pip becoz i is klazzy 2.

Thats an 'interesting' combo, ive heard of malteser and popcorn but this is a new one

• Advertisement

I’m having popcorn and maltesers :)

Advertisement