Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are ye eatin' and drinkin' - The Eatening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Had a box of crimbo crisps left in the car. Expiry date 26/02 so glad I dug them out.
    Just had a bag of salt and vinegar. Going to have a double choc mocha now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭bassy

mince,carrots,onions,asparagus,sweet potatoes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    Put a bit of oil and plenty of salt on a potato. Massage all the salt in. Bake!

Hit, rather than cut, when done.

My appetite is so big at the moment I'd just take it out of the oven and eat it like an apple :)

I made spicy Mexican rice and mixed bean burrito with loads of cheese. I had no sour cream but greek yoghurt and chilli flakes hit the spot.

I had a terrible day food wise, furious with myself. A huge bar of fruit and nut, a huge bag of Tesco speciality crisps, loads of bread with mountains of butter, rich tea with butter and now red wine. I also had porridge with blueberries and honey ,a banana and an orange and I'm still hungry. I just can't stop eating. ☺️

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭thatsmighty

Lasagne

• Advertisement

I'm hungry too. Just had a toasted special on seeded bread. I think it's the cold weather.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,148 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

IMG-20210212-131827.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,946 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

Had a box of crimbo crisps left in the car. Expiry date 26/02 so glad I dug them out.
    Just had a bag of salt and vinegar. Going to have a double choc mocha now.

Best Before Date! Would have been grand for a couple of months yet

Best Before Date! Would have been grand for a couple of months yet

Crisps go soft after a while I find.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,105 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

A low key grub day so far. Collected a Pizza for Ms G earlier. Mrs G went for a WW's meal. Enjoyed some Austrian smoked cheese and OJ for breakie. Enjoying a beer now with a plan for later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,842 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Had a frozen Thai Green Chicken Curry from Iceland poured over skinny chips .
    Laziness at its finest this evening :)

mince,carrots,onions,asparagus,sweet potatoes.

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Had a frozen Thailand Green Chicken Curry from Iceland poured over skinny chips .
    Laziness at its finest this evening :)

What's the stock like in Iceland Mam?

i see aldi do a thailand green curry kit,all you need to add seperately is your own chicken.

Crisps go soft after a while I find.

One thing that's grinding my gears lately are busted packs inside the multi-packs. You open a packet and the feckin crisps are stale because of a little rip. Apparently it's careless shelf packers handling them.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,842 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Grandeeod wrote: »
    What's the stock like in Iceland Mam?

All packed up again G , no empty shelves/fridges anywhere . A few things moved to different aisles this week .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,857 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Pan fried striploin steak with baby mushrooms in a three cheese loaf sandwich with chips, peppercorn sauce and low fat coleslaw.

Cold can of Woodgate Apple Cider to wash it down.

Smirnoff and cranberry juice for dessert.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    All packed up again G , no empty shelves/fridges anywhere . A few things moved to different aisles this week .

Nice one Mam. I haven't been in since before Christmas. I'll hit it on Sunday.

bassy wrote: »
    i see aldi do a thailand green curry kit,all you need to add seperately is your own chicken.

You stay away from the Thai curry bassy. The coconut milk is tasty but worse that a pint of Avonmore.:D

How are you getting on with the diet?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Bacon and cabbage this evening :)

• Advertisement

Grandeeod wrote: »
    One thing that's grinding my gears lately are busted packs inside the multi-packs. You open a packet and the feckin crisps are stale because of a little rip. Apparently it's careless shelf packers handling them.

Yeah I noticed that too. I also don't know why some randomer is telling me to eat stale crisps deliberately.

Cully and Scully fish pie. Yummy

Cully and Scully fish pie. Yummy

Are they nice? I've been tempted to try them.

I have an idea of trying to make a red fish stew, the kind they have in France. Not a huge fan of creamy white chowder.

I might pick up a bottle of white wine that Mystery Egg recommended from tesco.

I have passata, and thinking of getting one of those mixed seafood things from Aldi. Worth a try!

I have an idea of trying to make a red fish stew, the kind they have in France. Not a huge fan of creamy white chowder.

I have passata, and thinking of getting one of those mixed seafood things from Aldi. Worth a try!

The lasagne, chicken and herb pie and the fish pie are all lovely. The fish pie is cream based sauce though so you might not like that. They are all gluten free and last about a week nearly in the fridge so that's handy.

The lasagne, chicken and herb pie and the fish pie are all lovely. The fish pie is cream based sauce though so you might not like that. They are all gluten free and last about a week nearly in the fridge so that's handy.

Oh I would! I'd eat anything, nearly.

I must look out for the other two, I've only had the soups from C&S.

Oh I would! I'd eat anything, nearly.

I must look out for the other two, I've only had the soups from C&S.

They have no additives either, but cost about a fiver each. You should try them and see how you get on. Tesco, Dunnes and Supervalu all stock them.
    There is a cottage pie as well but that was my least favourite.

I don't even like fish as a rule but love those fish stews you get in France. Its weird because they're really fishy but i love the saltiness.
    I reckon fish broth and white wine with some red curry paste would be a good base start. Please post here if you make it:)

I had a gorgeous mozzarella basil salad. I coated the mozzarella in panko breadcrumbs and grilled it with red pepper, tomato and crushed pistachios. The dressing was balsamic and chilli oil. Really nice.

Surreptitious..i know youre a hot sauce lover like myself and I bought one tonight that i would advise you to avoid. Ill see if I can take a photo.
    Its buffalo sauce from the sauce shop. Looks great but tastes disgusting!

Porklife wrote: »
    I know youre a hot sauce lover like myself and I bought one tonight that i would advise you to avoid. Ill see if I can take a photo.
    Its buffalo sauce from the sauce shop. Looks great but tastes disgusting!

I loved the Sauce Shop sriracha, but have never tried any type of buffalo sauce. I don't eat chicken wings and don't see the point of adding butter to hot sauce. Thanks for the warning!

Porklife wrote: »
    I had a gorgeous mozzarella basil salad. I coated the mozzarella in panko breadcrumbs and grilled it with red pepper, tomato and crushed pistachios. The dressing was balsamic and chilli oil. Really nice.

Oh that sounds top notch. I never liked the cold mozzarella type salad you get in restaurants here. I just think to eat mozzarella cold, you need the best quality.

Otherwise it's just a waste of stringy melty delicious calories.

Pistachios are a winner. Must try the new ones from Lidl. I like their hazelnuts on pasta.

• Advertisement

Oh that sounds top notch. I never liked the cold mozzarella type salad you get in restaurants here. I just think to eat mozzarella cold, you need the best quality.

Otherwise it's just a waste of stringy melty delicious calories.

Pistachios are a winner. Must try the new ones from Lidl. I like their hazelnuts on pasta.

Ooh me too..hazelnuts or walnuts on pasta are amazing. I agree about cold mozzarella, I only needed to grill it for about 6 minutes and it was so delicious. I also added chillis and honey.
    My problem with dishes is im so slap dash i can never recreate them cos i just throw random things in last minute. Lemon juice plays a big role in my food..i find it hard not to add a squeeze of lemon to everything :)

I'll check out the sauce shop sirachai..the buffalo is just a horrible flavour and really thick texture. I had to stick a knife in to pour it every time and just didn't enjoy it.

Advertisement