Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are ye eatin' and drinkin' - The Eatening

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,035 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Fresh fruit smoothie

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Toast and strawberry jam

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Toast, peanut butter and last year;'s blackberry jam.... Today I need to make blackberry jam as no more room in the freezer for berries. Out picking at first light every day now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭wildwillow

anewme wrote: »
    Very ripe (literally pooling) Epsosis and gorgonzola with crusty bread and some Albarino.

Ohhhh my my my.

Had to log out when I read this. Been on a weight loss programme and very nearly there. But the thoughts of those cheeses nearly broke my spirit. Looking forward to including a sensible amount of cheese in my diet soon. And because it will be small in quantity it will be best quality.
    Glad Cadbury chocolate is getting poor ratings as it won’t tempt me anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,896 ✭✭✭✭anewme

wildwillow wrote: »
    Had to log out when I read this. Been on a weight loss programme and very nearly there. But the thoughts of those cheeses nearly broke my spirit. Looking forward to including a sensible amount of cheese in my diet soon. And because it will be small in quantity it will be best quality.

I can't actually tell you how good they were. Really good quality, smelly, runny and just so ripe. Probably the nicest thing I've had in ages. I ate a huge amount of them as well.

It was a bit of a last hurrah for me as my diet starts today - so was really a last supper.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 964 ✭✭✭Reviews and Books Galore

Do fats actually make you fat? Tbh, I just cut sugar and I dropped a lot of weight. I mix cinnamon with my coffee in the morning and it really cuts the sugar craving.

scrambled eggs with a baked potato chopped in and cheese atop. Yummy!

You need to reread the thread; as most of us aver, Cadburys is great :D;):)

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Skybirdjb

Bacon fries the old style ones u get in the pubs ....yum

Graces7 wrote: »
    [/B]
    You need to reread the thread; as most of us aver, Cadburys is great :D;):)

Graces7, please don't undo all the mind bending I've done to persuade myself that chocolate is an occasional treat and has to be top quality and each bite enjoyed.
    I don't want to turn into a killjoy food wise but I am trying to focus on quality rather than quantity and not return to eating bars of chocolate and other junk food while reading or watching television.

I'm so delighted to be at my recommended weight and feeling so well that it is worth the effort.

When eating with friends or family I just accept what is offered and try to obtain small portions, but don't make a fuss.

My next treat is to spend all the money I've saved on junk food on a whole new wardrobe. I have discarded all the clothes that no longer fit so have an incentive to keep weight off.

Must adjust my halo now!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,107 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Graces7, please don't undo all the mind bending I've done to persuade myself that chocolate is an occasional treat and has to be top quality and each bite enjoyed.
    I don't want to turn into a killjoy food wise but I am trying to focus on quality rather than quantity and not return to eating bars of chocolate and other junk food while reading or watching television.

I'm so delighted to be at my recommended weight and feeling so well that it is worth the effort.

When eating with friends or family I just accept what is offered and try to obtain small portions, but don't make a fuss.

My next treat is to spend all the money I've saved on junk food on a whole new wardrobe. I have discarded all the clothes that no longer fit so have an incentive to keep weight off.

I can reassure you that Cadburys is muck these days. So is the other side that is called Nestle. It's nasty stuff. Spend your money on clothes.

Well done on the weight loss and please forgive me for posting my dinner details.

Fillet steak, mash, peas, parsnip/carrot/turnip mix and gravy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭VW 1

Lovely shell pasta in a tomato chili and garlic sauce, with all of the brown meat from yesterday's roast chicken cut up and in the sauce. Very thrifty use of the leftovers :D

Grandeeod wrote: »
    I can reassure you that Cadburys is muck these days. So is the other side that is called Nestle. It's nasty stuff. Spend your money on clothes.

Well done on the weight loss and please forgive me for posting my dinner details.

No problem with the posting, after all that is what the thread is for.
    That is the kind of food I like though I tend not to eat much meat . A steak, cooked rare, with a side salad is a treat though.
    Actually enjoy reading about other people's eating habits. I would never preach and when I get too tempted I just leave the site.

Need a personal shopper to guide me on the new clothes spending spree.

I eat two or 3 squares of cadburys late evening. Period. and enjoy every bite. But never any desire for more... Torturing yourself is not good. In my younger days I dieted; would never ever advise it to anyone. Focus on the wrong things

But I am me and you are you and I am totally and utterly unrepentant re mentioning CHOCOLATE. Love it and with my erratic blood sugar levels it is literally a life saver, and I never leave the dwelling without some...my illness means I have to carry it. A miracle worker it is.

But then I am nearly 80..... thankfully near the end and different priorities! So no guilt tripping here thank you! No food is bad. It really isn't. All food is good

Disagree totally. Love Cadbury's

Bye.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Speedsie
    ¡arriba, arriba! ¡andale, andale!

I can reassure you that Cadburys is muck these days.

Mondelez replacing full cream milk with palm oil was the death knell for Cadbury's as a go-to chocolate manufacturer.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

A bag of Tayto cheese and onion

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,035 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Latte

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭VW 1

A simple homemade soup of celery, carrot, whole onions, cooking bacon cut into bite size pieces and mixed lentils and barley to bulk it out.

Taco Tuesday!

• Advertisement

A Dr Oetker Pizza for one. A Chicken wrap, spicy wedges, rocket and sweet chili sauce for the other.

Me? A few beers. Later? Made a decent chicken curry yesterday. It's tubbed off in the fridge and laced with hot pepper sauce. Rice n chips will accompany it later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Redneck Reject

Homemade enchiladas, I'll be paying for it later, heh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Crock Rock

I'm just waiting to receive my meal with Mrs. Crock.

Vine leaves with bread for starters and Beef Schwarma with salad and potatoes for main. Cedar Tree, St. Andrew St.

Delicious !

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,153 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Made some pan con tomate.
    Really tasty. Used good tomatoes.

https://madridfoodtour.com/recipes/pan-con-tomate-recipe/

Breakfast burrito

On my travels yesterday, I had a fry up on the train early morning and a dinner in Cork to end all dinners. Not often you see this on a menu these days.:eek:

A half roast chicken, honey and thyme roasted vegetables, baby boiled spuds and chasseur sauce. That gave me a thirst for a few beers on the train back last night. Thank you Cork.:D

Tonight I had a hankering for good old bacon and cabbage and that's what awaits me with mash potatoes and mashed carrots and turnip.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,206 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Curry chips

Fried taters w/onions, bell peppers, spices...

I have made a lasagna for the first time in feckin years. The road testers loved it so lookin good for me after a few drinkies. :D

• Advertisement

Kung Pow Chicken

Advertisement