Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW7 Transfers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Always Be Closing

Brought Eriksen in earlier this week like a noob

Replace him with Son, Ali, Moura, Sane or David Silva?

Midfield at the moment is

Mane
    Eriksen
    Bernardo Silva
    Milner

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭rekluse

Shaw/Pererya out Doherty/Ricky in.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭rekluse

Brought Eriksen in earlier this week like a noob

Replace him with Son, Ali, Moura, Sane or David Silva?

Midfield at the moment is

Mane
    Eriksen
    Bernardo Silva
    Milner

I would get in Ricky or Maddison and upgrade elsewhere. Double city mids could be dodgy with peps rotation and I’m not sold on any spurs mids at the moment.

rekluse wrote: »
    I would get in Ricky or Maddison and upgrade elsewhere. Double city mids could be dodgy with peps rotation and I’m not sold on any spurs mids at the moment.

I had 2 Frees and used a -4 already - Bettinelli, Trippier and Eriksen brought it

I'll bring in Kane next week for Aguero

This week and the Eriksen situation is priority

• Registered Users Posts: 48,148 ✭✭✭✭km79

I had 2 Frees and used a -4 already - Bettinelli, Trippier and Eriksen brought it

I'll bring in Kane next week for Aguero

This week and the Eriksen situation is priority

Am I right in saying you signed Eriksen as part of a -4 ?
    And now want to sell him for -4 ?
    Bench him
    You night him for good fixtures . He still has good fixtures and the injury isnt serious.
    And next time there is midweek games wait ........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

This is my current team:

Patricio 

Alonso Rico Mendy  

Dilva Maddison Richarlison Hazard 

Kane Aguero Wilson

Subs: Hamer, Ward, Bennett,Wan-Biss

Now obviously the biggest blot on that team is Mendy. 
    This week it will be
    Rico- home to Palace
    Bennett - home to Southampton (which is a double up

Next week it will be
    Wan-Biss - home to Wolves
    or  Bennett - away to Palace or Rico - away to Watford.

I have no confidence in Rico holding his place which is a problem,not too comfortable doubling up on Wolves defence just yet and then next week 2 players have difficult away fixtures.

A genuine replacement for Mendy would be great for the next 2 weeks but I can't see who is worth a hit
    City defenders - Liverpool away in 2 nd game
    Robertson - Chelsea & City
    Trippier - huge risk of rotation due to turnaround of games.
    Arsenal defenders have Watford , Fulham who are both scoring goals and Arsenal havent looked great defensively.

Pep can you just let us know that Mendy is good to go!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Team news pending I'll be doing Dilva to Richarlison

• Registered Users Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

manual_man wrote: »
    Team news pending I'll be doing Dilva to Richarlison

I came into this thread to ask about Pedro, best person is obviously to Ricky isn't it? (-4 bear in mind)

You've a bit more cash to splash obviously, he seems to be the best man to transfer in alright. Should be goals between Everton & Fulham this GW

I came into this thread to ask about Pedro, best person is obviously to Ricky isn't it? (-4 bear in mind)

You've a bit more cash to splash obviously, he seems to be the best man to transfer in alright. Should be goals between Everton & Fulham this GW

I hope so since I'll have Theo-Ricky-Mitro :pac: our H2H this week will be interesting :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

I hope so since I'll have Theo-Ricky-Mitro :pac: our H2H this week will be interesting :)

Oh man, I don't know if I'd dbl up on Everton long term, surely Walcott will be gone next week? If so fine, could actually be a master stroke :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭GeordieRebel

One free transfer and have both Pedro and Mendy who I would like to cut loose. If I replace Mendy I can leave Pedro on the bench and he could provide at least some points if he’s needed. Mendy to Trippier seems the right option?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

One free transfer and have both Pedro and Mendy who I would like to cut loose. If I replace Mendy I can leave Pedro on the bench and he could provide at least some points if he’s needed. Mendy to Trippier seems the right option?

Wait for the press conference today at least considering you haven't made the transfer yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,171 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Patricio Hamer
    Trippier Alonso WanB Bennett A Smith
    Salah Hazard Walcott Silva Ward
    Zaha Aguero Jimenez

0.2 ITB
    11k OR.

I've done 1FT so far out of 2.

Mendy ----> Trippier earlier in the week. took the risk that he's out a couple of weeks and that I could buy him back at the price I sold him.

Walcott was going to be my next one out. but i'm tempted to hold seen as he doesn't look like he's going to drop again before tomorrow. the likes of Knockaert and Gudmundsson are interesting me, and obviously Ricky, but I may just give myself options for next week, including maybe getting a playing second goalie, or ridding myself of Adam Smith as Bournemouth undoubtedly return to the mean in terms of their points output.

i'm convinced Silva will play this week too, so I don't want to get rid yet.

Zaha ----> Arnie, despite the fact West Ham have Utd this week, is one i'm leaning towards doing too.

i don't know whether to stay conservative or not.

km79 wrote: »
    Am I right in saying you signed Eriksen as part of a -4 ?
    And now want to sell him for -4 ?
    Bench him
    You night him for good fixtures . He still has good fixtures and the injury isnt serious.
    And next time there is midweek games wait ........

Never thought of benching him

Good idea

Looks like he's back for Barca wednesday

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Lemlin wrote: »
    My team for the weekend is:
    Foster
    AWB, Robertson, Alonso
    Walcott, Fraser, Pedro, Salah
    Augero, Firmino, Arnie
    Subs: Speroni, Shaw, Mendy, Gunnarsson

Have two free transfers.
    A -4 of:
    Mendy to Bennett
    Pedro to Hazard
    Firmino to Mitrovic

Leaves me with
    Foster
    AWB, Robertson, Alonso
    Walcott, Salah, Hazard, Fraser
    Mitrovic, Arnie, Aguero
    Subs: Speroni, Shaw, Bennett, Gunnarsson

Opinions?

Or I could go a bit left field

Mendy to Bennett
    Pedro to Gundogan
    Firmino to Kane

Leaves me with
    Foster
    AWB, Robertson, Alonso
    Walcott, Salah, Gundogan, Fraser
    Kane, Arnie, Aguero
    Subs: Speroni, Shaw, Bennett, Gunnar

I now have a 3rd option with no hit:

Firmino to Lacazette
    Pedro to Maddison

Foster
    AWB, Robertson, Alonso
    Walcott, Salah, Maddison, Fraser
    Laca, Arnie, Aguero

Opinions?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

I like this one :

Foster
    AWB, Robertson, Alonso
    Walcott, Salah, Hazard, Fraser
    Mitrovic, Arnie, Aguero
    Subs: Speroni, Shaw, Bennett, Gunnarsson

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

SlickRic wrote: »

Zaha ----> Arnie, despite the fact West Ham have Utd this week, is one i'm leaning towards doing too.

I'm considering this now too, partly because I hate not having a player in the early kick off! But I do want to work towards a Arnie Mitrovic Aguero frontline over the next few weeks. Plus Arnie at 6.9 is a steal.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Whats the thoughts on Mane -> Alli for a 2/3 week punt.
    Don't have Salah, plan is to bring him and possibly Firmino back after the next 2GWs

Also leaves me with the exact money for Lukaku -> Kane for next week if I wanted

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Green&Red wrote: »
    Whats the thoughts on Mane -> Alli for a 2/3 week punt.
    Don't have Salah, plan is to bring him and possibly Firmino back after the next 2GWs

Also leaves me with the exact money for Lukaku -> Kane for next week if I wanted

He hasn't really been doing great so far this season, a few flashes. I wouldnt personally get him

Just noticed that all of Zaha's goals this season have come away from home. He gets one more week so against a dodgy Bournemouth defence.

• Advertisement

Just noticed that all of Zaha's goals this season have come away from home. He gets one more week so against a dodgy Bournemouth defence.

Bournemouth attack attack attack at home there'll be opportunity for Zaha on the counter

And Spacecraft of course ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 48,148 ✭✭✭✭km79

Bournemouth attack attack attack at home there'll be opportunity for Zaha on the counter

And Spacecraft of course ;)

If I sell Pedro spacecraft will be on my bench ........

Is Charlie Taylor nailed on for Burnley now? Cardiff and Huddersfield next two. Might just downgrade Mendy which would allow me to get Mitrovic in next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Did mendy to trippier.

Is Charlie Taylor nailed on for Burnley now? Cardiff and Huddersfield next two. Might just downgrade Mendy which would allow me to get Mitrovic in next week.

"Taylor did well when he came into the team last year and was unlucky for Ward to take back his place but he's been even better this year and along with Hart was the only player to take any credit from the Wolves defeat and played very well again on Saturday.

Dyche rewards the incumbent and he likes a settled back 5 especially, if you are playing well you keep the shirt. Especially after our first win of the season and 2nd clean sheet he will not be changing that back line for Cardiff and the only change I think he will possibly make is Barnes for Vokes, though I feel he will reward all 11 for the performance and try and keep up the momentum.

Taylor is playing very well and I would be shocked to see him not get an extended run of games, the next two are nice fixtures and it sits better with me benching a 4.4m player for games like City and Chelsea in the two after that than it would for a player costing 5m as with Tarkowski.

Ward is 33 now, Taylor is the future and learnt a lot stepping up from the championship last year under Dyche's methods and when he got the game time at a higher level. Ward will likely play tonight against Burton but Taylor should keep the spot for the league.

I advocated Tarkowski / Mee over any of our back line on here in pre-season due to the fact they were so unlucky not to get any goals last season and should have had more bonus too, Tarks has 2 goals already and while he will get more over the season hopefully he's hardly prolific so the ship might have sailed on that one. Taylor on the other hand has looked very good going forward and although yet to register a goal or assist for us he had a decent offensive record at Leeds and has shown signs that it is coming for us."

Found this post on Reddit - think I'll take a punt on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Silva mentioned richarlison could play up front. With tosun not scoring so far and Bernard now fit to play left wing it might happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Did mendy to trippier.

On a FT or hit?. Ive done same on a Hit.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Any takers on Lacazette this week?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Hennessy
    Alonso Bennett Pereira
    Salah Fraser Maddison Moura
    Zaha Aguero Kane
    Hamer Wan-B Guendozi Duffy

0.4 in the bank.

Anybody see an obvious transfer or should I hold?

Tempted to go get more City cover

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭mectavba

Any takers on Lacazette this week?

Yes on a pré wildcard punt

Advertisement