Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What would you do if you won €130 million?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭jackwigan

Mod-Redacted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

jackwigan wrote: »
    Mod-Redacted
    Wat8.jpg?1315930535

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

fxotoole wrote: »
    House the homeless
    End world hunger
    Bring about world peace
    You have 130 million, not trillion :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭fxotoole

jackwigan wrote: »
    Mod-Redacted

Wtf

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Cutie 3.14

fxotoole wrote: »
    Wtf

Damn I missed it, what did he saaaaaaay?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭fxotoole

Cutie 3.14 wrote: »
    Damn I missed it, what did he saaaaaaay?

Some sick fückïng shít

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭D3V!L

Buy Margaret Cash a forever home and a caravan and new uniforms for the kids, and a decent contraceptive and pay her to stay schtum. Would be worth every fekkin penny.

Id buy her a house but fill the foundation with cow **** and render plant waste.

I reckon I'd give 20 million to close family and friends, leave aside ten million for charitable and needy causes for the rest of my life, then divide 100 million equally between myself and my best mate so we could do fun stuff with.

With my share, I'd buy a few properties - nothing ostentatious, and probably spend my days writing, farming, and bringing on racehorses. Bliss.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Spleerbun

It's 1m for 5balls (no stars) using EM-Hotpicks, not the easist to access, but compared to this it's the best value there is.

May have changed since 5 months ago, but is this only available in the UK?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

I'd consult the previous recent thread, on this very same matter.

The jacktop for EM is estimated to be €150m, which isn't enough to live on, but still a good start nevertheless.
    If you don't want to share the jackpot, avoid the number 19, and also only two numbers from 1-31 (birthdays are commonly used as selections).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

I'd consult the previous recent thread, on this very same matter.

The jacktop for EM is estimated to be €150m, which isn't enough to live on, but still a good start nevertheless.
    If you don't want to share the jackpot, avoid the number 19, and also only two numbers from 1-31 (birthdays are commonly used as selections).

Why 19?

Why 19?

99% of folks were born during the 20th century.
    01 June 1945 = (01, 06, 19, 45, _, _, )

Should add, many people also add in their kids (ages) /birthdays e.g. 10,11,12 average
    so worth avoiding also.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

I'd build a massive marble hall the size of the Taj Mahal in the middle of nowhere. It would be completely empty save for a single Faberge egg on a silk pillow held by a silent moustachioed Japanese man in a tuxedo right in the middle, brilliantly lit by a spotlight.

I would only permit the richest sheikhs and oligarchs to enter so they could bid for the egg. I would refuse all bids until such a time that all the richest people in the world go so demented bidding more and more for an item they can't have, that they club together and give away all their riches so that they may own a share of it.

I'd then take the proceeds and buy a League of Ireland team (Longford Town perhaps), and take them all the way to the Champions League Final.

I'd do the very same as the richest man on the planet currently does
    i.e. Give away 0.0906% of my new fortune to charity, thank me later.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭OU812

What would I do with €130m? Same as this guy with $1m:

First thing I'd do is buy a Delorean. But I'd only drive it from time to time.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭El_Bee

150mil this week, I'd move my entire family to safe parts of the city, invite about 10-15 people from around here to a fancy night out, then pay a PMC to carpet bomb this ****hole repeatedly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭Elemonator

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    I did the euro millions tonight and while I know I probably just wasted €10.50, it's nice to fantasize for a few hours that I could become part of the 1%. First thing I'd do is quit my job :) Obviously I would take care of my family and donate to some charities but realistically what would I do with that amount of money? I'd have everyone in the country looking for money and my life would never be the same. I'd actually love to just win a million or €500,000 as it would set me up but wouldn't ruin my life.

How would you handle it if you won big?

Just by living a decent life in Ireland you are already within the top 1% of the world most likely.

Every cloud has a silver lining OP!

Try not to take inspiration from a previous lotto winner (Michael Carroll)

The Lotto winner revealed how "going broke is the best thing that happened to me" and said he's "never been happier" since returning to work. He is currently lifting coal bags in Scotland for a living.

Then again it was only £10m he won, so undertandable how it blew it all in his 10 fun packed years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭orourkeda1977

Have a **** and a curry

Try not to take inspiration from a previous lotto winner (Michael Carroll)

The Lotto winner revealed how "going broke is the best thing that happened to me" and said he's "never been happier" since returning to work. He is currently lifting coal bags in Scotland for a living.

Then again it was only £10m he won, so undertandable how it blew it all in his 10 fun packed years.
    A million sterling per year? His septum must be in bits, because I can't imagine how else he could have spent such money in that time unless he was a gambler?

Even if he'd bought property, you'd expect that to have appreciated or, even if it were a bad investment, held its value.

Ah well, I'd say he has some great stories.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

I reckon I'd give 20 million to close family and friends, leave aside ten million for charitable and needy causes for the rest of my life, then divide 100 million equally between myself and my best mate so we could do fun stuff with.

With my share, I'd buy a few properties - nothing ostentatious, and probably spend my days writing, farming, and bringing on racehorses. Bliss.

You split E100m equally with a mate, you would get E50m and he would get E20m.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

I’d stay quiet and give nothing to no one.

FÜCK ALL YE CÜNTS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭RFOLEY1990

i'd rent a modest villa in Lanzarote for about 6 weeks just to chill and get my head round it

then I'd invite all the bank managers over to see what they could do for me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭daithi7

I'd spend most of it on ferraris, booze and loose women,
    I'd probably squander the rest... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭magic_murph

I'd fulfill a life long dream of opening a gypsy themed amusement park and make it into Ireland's biggest tourist attraction.

Live 'Grabbing session'
    Attend a mock Gypsy wedding / Funeral / Christening
    Rent-a-Gyp - for the up close and personal experience

If we had any issues with planning that prevented the opening I'd just buy Longford.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭daithi7

I'd fulfill a life long dream of opening a gypsy themed amusement park and make it into Ireland's biggest tourist attraction.

Live 'Grabbing session'
    Attend a mock Gypsy wedding / Funeral / Christening
    Rent-a-Gyp - for the up close and personal experience

If we had any issues with planning that prevented the opening I'd just buy Longford.

Isn't Longford a Gypsy themed amusement park already!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

I must be getting sensible.

I'd shell out a couple of million each to 10 or so good mates, big trust funds for all the kids, take care of my family. I'd keep about 20m for myself, buy a few houses around the world, one on each continent for the craic and then just spend my time travelling between them doing something approaching fúck all as the mood took me.

No coke, no hookers.

What has become of me, I don't deserve to win it:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,680 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I've posted this plan before, but sure...

- tell no one. Ring Lotto HQ to confirm the ticket but wait a week or two to collect it so that the attention dies down

- take 2 weeks annual leave and collect it quietly. Check into a nice hotel somewhere while figuring out what you want to do. Get multiple experienced advisors

- return to work. After a week hand in your notice saying that you got another job. No one will question this. Work out your notice and leave. You'll never hear from 99% of colleagues anyway but best to avoid potential begging

- leave and enjoy the rest of your life. As I probably wouldn't stay in Ireland (at least not most of the year), no issues with neighbours or local gossip (I'd be moving to a better area anyway where money isn't uncommon).
    Very few people (like maybe 3) would know what I really won. Most would be told I won a smaller amount to account for the new stuff that would appear like cars

- I'd look after my sister, and the little fella would be setup with a trust fund for life and of course I'd buy some nice stuff and travel.. But 80/90 mil would never be touched and I'd live off the interest for the rest of my life and that of my son and grandkids etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭valoren

What would I do with €150 million? Become a billionaire.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,749 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

I would invest in Rathkeale Rovers. Sounds like a lovely football club and I'd like to help them become the next Man City.

Advertisement