Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What would you do if you won €130 million?

Options
167891012»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,443 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Wasn't me anyway. We'll see if the irish winner goes public.

Just went to check the results and say there was an Irish winner. I did it online so doubt it's me. Sure would you tell us if you had ?

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Dontfadeaway

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Wasn't me anyway. We'll see if the irish winner goes public.

Just went to check the results and say there was an Irish winner. I did it online so doubt it's me. Sure would you tell us if you had ?

Yeah I would. Not like I know anyone from here

Yeah I would. Not like I know anyone from here

Oh yeah fair point. I did it online so I'll wait and see if I won anthing at all. I doubt it very much though. Jesus €175 million though. You'd want to be awfully stupid to lose all that.

Haha the lottery.ie web site has crashed.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭El_Bee

they email you if you win anything so I don't know why people are checking the website.

• Advertisement

El_Bee wrote: »
    they email you if you win anything so I don't know why people are checking the website.

Yeah that's if you did it online but you can still check the numbers on the site without using it to play using the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭JustMe,K

I won €4.

It was announced that it was bought in a retail store so not an online winner.

kcdiom wrote: »
    I won €4.

It was announced that it was bought in a retail store so not an online winner.

I don't think anyone has won online before? Makes me wonder.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 282 ✭✭Anthonylfc

anybody any idea how many online winners have won the jackpot ???

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭JustMe,K

I don't think anyone has won online before? Makes me wonder.

Yeah, I only know people who have won small amounts, less than €50 on both the euro and Irish lottery. Then again, I dont know anyone who has announced winning more than 2k in general so my pool is limited!

• Advertisement

Anthonylfc wrote: »
    anybody any idea how many online winners have won the jackpot ???
    kcdiom wrote: »
    Yeah, I only know people who have won small amounts, less than €50 on both the euro and Irish lottery. Then again, I dont know anyone who has announced winning more than 2k in general so my pool is limited!

Part of me thinks they delete winning tickets so they don't have to pay online winners :D

Part of me thinks they delete winning tickets so they don't have to pay online winners :D

tin foil hat time

i wouldnt be surprised lol :D

Some of the rumours about the winners are referring to a family syndicate.

I'd be SICK if my numbers came up, but I had to give most of it away, to share with the losers who picked the wrong numbers.

My family are currently in a serious dispute over where we're going to spend Easter. If we won that kind of money, it would make the Hutch /KInehan feud look like a game of marbles.

Some of the rumours about the winners are referring to a family syndicate.

I'd be SICK if my numbers came up, but I had to give most of it away, to share with the losers who picked the wrong numbers.

My family are currently in a serious dispute over where we're going to spend Easter. If we won that kind of money, it would make the Hutch /KInehan feud look like a game of marbles.

I couldn't fathom NOT sharing it evenly with my family, even if it was only the 15mil jackpot

ladie in the naul and her 5 sisters im hearing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Hide it all under the mattress ....:D

Seriously though, I would buy a few properties throughout the country and abroad. I would also give a sizeable chunk towards my family members and I would give something towards a deserving charity. I would also retire from working and live like a rich idle itinerant :)

Hide it all under the mattress ....:D

Seriously though, I would buy a few properties throughout the country and abroad. I would also give a sizeable chunk towards my family members and I would give something towards a deserving charity. I would also retire from working and live like a rich idle itinerant :)

charity starts at home

good choice so :D

I couldn't fathom NOT sharing it evenly with my family, even if it was only the 15mil jackpot
    Oh, I'd definitely share it with family. Pay off their mortgages, pay for their kids' college fees - that kind of thing.

But dividing it up equally? Sorry now, lads. Blood is blood, but money is money, and it's all mine miNE MINE. (I'd be an awful Lottery winner, in fairness)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭BBFAN

That all depends on how well you get on with your family. :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭galwayllm

Buy Galway Utd and make them into an Irish powerhouse!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭doolox

......recite one hundred and seventy five million euro!!!!

Some film he was in and he kept saying six million dollars over and over again, changing the rhythm and cadence and emphasis on each repetition of that joyous phrase. Think what he would make of €175,000,000.

Jesus, that amount of money would make me into a psychopath.

No one would know.

I would fear for any children I may have.

Peoples names would have to change.

I would dump half of it to maintain life's most precious gift, anonymity and privacy.

I am extremely fortunate that I do not have any hate figures or people in authority who can cause me unease or fear although I used to have these people, bosses and supervisors and the like. €175,000,000 would turn me into a vicious monster if I did have enemies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭doolox

....saying €175,000,000. And putting his pinky up to his mouth.

Was that Michael or Kevin Myers? I find them hard to tell apart.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

Share it out with family. Buy a property in my home town and hand it over to be used for local health services to be used by volunteers. To many suicides in ireland. Young men in particular dont seem to have an outlet for their feelings to be heard. I would buy also land to be used as parkland for the local town.

Advertisement