Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What would you do if you won €130 million?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭Sunny Disposition

Definitely take Monday off. Probably do up the car too and maybe go on a foreign holiday.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,480 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

I'd pay €130m off the national debt in order to help us continue having over paid teachers, nurses and gardai; Europe's most generous social welfare system; and overpaid civil servants.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

I'd pay €130m off the national debt in order to help us continue having over paid teachers, nurses and gardai; Europe's most generous social welfare system; and overpaid civil servants.

Perpetuate the myth??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

i'd buy a lovely turnip.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Sheep breeder

Keep farming till it’s all gone, buy the retirement cottage in France

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭mikemac2

I'd aim to give away about 120 million, 10 million would see me live without financial worries and with the means to travel, invest etc. for the rest of my days.

A Maserati for every charity CEO in Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Go on a long holiday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

I'd go to Dubai and buy property, maybe buy some in Abu Dhabi to. I'd have a nice garage over there with my classic Ferrari Testarossa and a few modern ones to. I would mingle in the desert with all my new Emerati friends. I'd buy some property in the nicer parts of europe to, I'd dress up like James Bond and pretend I'm a secret agent because I'll have too much time on my hands anyways.

That's honestly what I would do with 130 million.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭alroley

I know, right? Six years of college and not being able to get a permanent job for years, getting temporary 4 hour a week contracts. So overpaid.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Oh and a Tatra 813, converted to a camper....
    :rolleyes:

Amateur move. You want one one of these. Based on the 813 but it's armoured and amphibious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I’d fund a purpose built oncology outpatients unit in Galway. It’s presumed to be a centre of excellence but in reality it’s cramped and under resourced. The staff are fantastic, the oncologists are fantastic and the treatment is bettering by the day but the facilities let everything down when sick patients are forced to wait 6+ hours in a waiting room to be called for treatment because the building is just not functional. The patients deserve better.

Buy an UltraHD TV and Ultra Blu-Ray player

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

branie2 wrote: »
    Buy an UltraHD TV and Ultra Blu-Ray player

And what would you do with the other 129.99 million?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,243 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

There will be an Irish winner of the lot on Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭up for anything

Easy to spend it. Will someone lend me a tenner on Monday, please?

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Samuri Suicide

Buy the flat above mine.
    Don't tell anyone, including my wife.
    Live like a king 9am-5pm

And what would you do with the other 129.99 million?

Holiday in the sun

• Site Banned Posts: 386 ✭✭Jimmy.

Buy up all the land the councils want to buy for council houses and put them for farm use. Graze a few sheep on them and draw some money from Europe on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

After doing the needful with family I'd buy an apartment in Zermatt and wake up every morning looking at the Matterhorn. I'd probably also open a restaurant there too and happily lose a lot of money being mein host to friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,546 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Somebody possibly in Zermatt won €162 million. 5 plus 1 winner in Ireland, 90 grand. So close but yet so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,629 ✭✭✭corks finest

Give it away (half( rest to family,local GAA and CCFC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭henryforde80

I'd release a song bad mouthing every **** that I know and then buy it a 100,000 times so it will go to number one in Ireland and the U.K.

Next thing I would do is hire someone to wipe my arse for me every time I took a ****.

I'd be pretty happy with the above and give the rest to charity.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,857 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I'd release a song bad mouthing every **** that I know and then buy it a 100,000 times so it will go to number one in Ireland and the U.K.
    And now we move onto liars!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,546 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Next thing I would do is hire someone to wipe my arse for me every time I took a ****.

I'd be pretty happy with the above and give the rest to charity.

You would have to hire a lot of them. You're full of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭henryforde80

gmisk wrote: »
    And now we move onto liars!

Your getting a special mention in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭BBFAN

First things first, I'd ring all my kids, tell them to pack their bags, make sure they had their passports and then I'd book the first flight to anywhere warm from the airport.

Have a ball making plans for our future.

Donate the odd 30 million to Focus Ireland.

Open up a refuge for animals in Ireland, close to the sea, somewhere with beautiful views. Employ loads of genuine animal lovers to run it and sit back and relax for the rest of days whilst looking at these happy animals.

Travel for about 3 months every winter.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Dakota Dan

BBFAN wrote: »
    First things first, I'd ring all my kids, tell them to pack their bags, make sure they had their passports and then I'd book the first flight to anywhere warm from the airport.

Open up a refuge for animals in Ireland, close to the sea, somewhere with beautiful views. Employ loads of genuine animal lovers to run it and sit back and relax for the rest of days whilst looking at these happy animals.

Your 100m won’t last p1ssing time with that plan. Paying people to look after animals that have no return? I’d suggest you take a few lessons in basic maths first.

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭colmufc

A2LUE42 wrote: »
    At least the Castletroy shopping center is going well, it was a ghost town before. Pity the council denied the expansion plans.

She doesn't own castletroy shopping centre she owns the retail park on Childers road

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭nthclare

BBFAN wrote: »

As long as there's no downward slope in the topography of the land where your lovely animals will be kept.

The last thing we need is animal **** and piss seeping into the sea and polluting our oceans.

Just try surfing in Lahinch after a week of rain,your eyes will sting and the water has a strange taste when you get the odd Wipeout...

Better to get herbivores rather than carnivores.

As there's less potency from the ****....

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 386 ✭✭Jimmy.

nthclare wrote: »
    As long as there's no downward slope in the topography of the land where your lovely animals will be kept.

The last thing we need is animal **** and piss seeping into the sea and polluting our oceans.

Just try surfing in Lahinch after a week of rain,your eyes will sting and the water has a strange taste when you get the odd Wipeout...

Better to get herbivores rather than carnivores.

As there's less potency from the ****....

That is human shiit and piss from the failing Lahinch sewage scheme.

Advertisement